Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Play-Asia sells the King Arts AoU shields, both wall-mounted and with pedestal, for only $325 now! But of course there's expensive shipping and taxes on top of that. The King Arts would cost me approx. $230 more than Hasbro's shipped and with taxes, which is a good price. But based on the pictures here, I actually like the look of Hasbro better. I'm sure the feel of KA is probably more solid but I will only use mine as a display of a Cap shield.

If the pedestal Winter Soldier clean version goes on sale, it's a no-brainer. I would have purchased the pedestal AoU version right now, but I can't switch it on with my current King Arts Wall Mount - the back is totally different.

I'm seriously so hyped right now for that King Arts sale....sorry to derail this thread, but that's a killer deal, IMO.

As I said before, the Hasbro shield is great for the price. $275 for a licensed full sized metal shield would be unheard of a year ago. I would think that making a 1:1 prop like this takes money, as even unlicensed (customs, knock offs, fan made, etc) costed more than $275. I'm just glad that Hasbro is even offering such a cool item at an reasonable price point that can reach more fans. Comparison is always the cause of unhappiness, so I feel there's no point to keep comparing this to the Kings Art. I just treat this as an awesome piece that can stand on its own and I'm very happy with it.

As I said before, the Hasbro shield is great for the price. $275 for a licensed full sized metal shield would be unheard of a year ago. I would think that making a 1:1 prop like this takes money, as even unlicensed (customs, knock offs, fan made, etc) costed more than $275. I'm just glad that Hasbro is even offering such a cool item at an reasonable price point that can reach more fans. Comparison is always the cause of unhappiness, so I feel there's no point to keep comparing this to the Kings Art. I just treat this as an awesome piece that can stand on its own and I'm very happy with it.

Yeah, I agree 100%. I'm so tempted by the Hasbro version. From everything you all have said, I don't think for the price it can be beat.

I'm seriously so hyped right now for that King Arts sale....sorry to derail this thread, but that's a killer deal, IMO.
I couldn't help but pick up the KA Mjolnir and Iron Man gauntlet for $325. Too cheap to pass! :) I see it's sold out now.

Yeah great point, well said.

Btw its back down to $280.00 at TrU.

The star definitely has a cheaper mass produced stamped/pressed in look, rather than the machined and secured on look of the movies (see pics above). The reds and blues are superrr wet, so in harsh bright light, the glossy and even reflective nature of it ruins the spun look. In softer light the gloss and glares of the finish is more forgiving. The star is oversized, but this isn't really marketed as a movie version shield, so that's okay. I have it next to the EFX shield in the pic up top, and it definitely is enough to steal it's thunder. For 300$ or under, it's priced very low but I believe it's priced for it's quality (defects aside). Great purchase if you're looking for a metal shield on the cheap. Even with the cheaper looking star, I'm overall happy with it.

Thanks for the comparison. I have the eFX one myself, but I might need to make a change, it looks pretty outstanding!

just got my 2nd metal shield, and it seems a bit worse, with now not only some paint flaws, but one spot there is a small chipped paint. I don't know what to do, for 300 bucks I was hoping for a better quality
maybe I am too perfectionist for this , because it seems every shield has mild defects

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This guy got a mint one.

the video is not that great, but I guarantee that it willhave a few minor things upon close inspection. This is a mass produced shield, and for the price, you won't get a pristine.

I talked to amazon and they gave me a discount, so I decided to keep the first shield that was not that bad.

I will use this is a display item, so I learned how to live with the minor flaws I guess

Got my Iron Man helmet today, looks ok, but I think its a piece of junk. Basically cheap plastic. But it's pretty. I'm going to keep this and pass on EFX, although this is basically a kids toy it will save me $600 over the EFX one.

View attachment 299094

I give up on trying to flip the photo...sorry,

I have to agree. There was an open box at TRU so I was able to check one out. It looked cheaper in person than in pictures. I was expecting to be tempted but I had no interest in picking it up. It might look okay up on a shelf in the right light but that's about it. Their Stormtrooper helmet is much more impressive and a better value.

After resisting it for awhile because I already have their Kylo Ren helmet, I gave in and ordered a Hasbro Stormtrooper helmet yesterday. After using some gift cards, Shop Your Way Points, a coupon, eBates, and free shipping, I was able to get it for just $37 and change from Kmart. I can't wait for it to arrive on Wednesday!

3247931a00d6681dd67657563f42c84b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The star definitely has a cheaper mass produced stamped/pressed in look, rather than the machined and secured on look of the movies (see pics above). The reds and blues are superrr wet, so in harsh bright light, the glossy and even reflective nature of it ruins the spun look. In softer light the gloss and glares of the finish is more forgiving. The star is oversized, but this isn't really marketed as a movie version shield, so that's okay. I have it next to the EFX shield in the pic up top, and it definitely is enough to steal it's thunder. For 300$ or under, it's priced very low but I believe it's priced for it's quality (defects aside). Great purchase if you're looking for a metal shield on the cheap. Even with the cheaper looking star, I'm overall happy with it.

Which one has a cheaper looking star?

Where is this King Arts sale happening?

Play Asia, but they already sold out. It was up only for about a day. For what it's worth, it was only the AoU versions. The WS versions are better looking IMO. I'm waiting for the WS versions to go on sale. I'm surprised that they weren't included.

I don't see any issues with mine either, another mint shield :yess: Don't know what those "dents" are, but where they appeared in the picture, it was smooth on the shield. :dunno

I wish the straps were big enough so you could just wear the shield like a backpack instead of worrying about the magnets. I just might have to try that DIY in the video above, don't know if I can get all the supplies in time for halloween...

DSC02799.jpg
DSC02798.jpg

I'm just going to build my own non permanent strap harness, I don't want glue or magnets touching my shield, paid too much money to be marking it up like that.

Magnets scratch and warp.

I still say if you're going to cos then use the plastic one, good enough.

Back