Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going to build my own non permanent strap harness, I don't want glue or magnets touching my shield, paid too much money to be marking it up like that.

Magnets scratch and warp.

I still say if you're going to cos then use the plastic one, good enough.

I was worried about the magnets doing that. I got the metal one. How do you plan on building one for the shield without magnets for attachment?

I wonder what other ways you can carry it on your back without the use of magnets.

I'm just using the built in strap loops to attach to my shoulder/torso harness, the shield will slide around more than with the magnet system but that's ok with me.

Magnet system definately stabilizes the shield more but I just can't get myself to permanently alter it in that manner.

I'm just using the built in strap loops to attach to my shoulder/torso harness, the shield will slide around more than with the magnet system but that's ok with me.

Magnet system definately stabilizes the shield more but I just can't get myself to permanently alter it in that manner.

How did you put together that harness? I might try to do the same, if that's cool. Just wanna see if I'll have the time to build it on time before the next week or two.

I heard something about elastics? where you don't have to change/mod the shield at all? Definitely wanna do something that works where you don't have to mess with it, keep it as it is out of the box.

Got some framing wire, threaded through the metal hooks by the leather straps so I didn't damage anything and knotted them and threaded it according to the back of the wire packaging. Then hung a 30lb hook and boom!

Got some framing wire, threaded through the metal hooks by the leather straps so I didn't damage anything and knotted them and threaded it according to the back of the wire packaging. Then hung a 30lb hook and boom!

Nice work. :rock

Looks awesome.

How did you put together that harness? I might try to do the same, if that's cool. Just wanna see if I'll have the time to build it on time before the next week or two.

I heard something about elastics? where you don't have to change/mod the shield at all? Definitely wanna do something that works where you don't have to mess with it, keep it as it is out of the box.

I can see elastics also working (giant rubber bands lol) but my system is a semi elaborate over the shoulder harness with rubber tipped hooks that catch the shield.

I'm literally hanging the shield on my back like a picture frame and then I use a stabilizing belt around my torso to keep it from bouncing around. All hidden behind the shield.

It is nowhere as easy as the magnet system, it even requires my wife to mount it on my back.

But i'm ok with that because I just don't want to glue a magnet on it.

Last edited:
IMG_6348.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG

So you guys would say the 75th Cap shield is a good option for 1:1? Been looking at it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived yesterday, no QC issues. It looks and feels great. I boxed it back up to protect it until i have time to hang it up.

From what people are saying about the helmet, kinda wish they did Iron Man's helmet like they did the shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my helmet. It was discounted from Amazon Warehouse Deals for only $65. It had a few scuffs on the top, but they aren't that bad at all. I plan on weathering this helmet any way.

ironmanedit4.jpg

ironmanedit1.jpg

ironmanedit2.jpg

ironmanedit3.jpg

ironmanedit5.jpg

img_5276.jpg

I got one from Amazon too, it looks good but I'll paint battledamged I alredy did on my MK46 Halloween helmet from Target store.

Last edited:
Just got my Hasbro metal shield the other day. No issues.

I also bought the guitar stands that one of the members here suggested. Great idea.

Here are my 3 Captain America shields at a side-by-side comparison photo.

Left shield = Hasbro 75th Anniversary Metal Shield
Middle Shield = King Arts Metal Shield
Right Shield = EFX Fibreglass Shield

I had to wedge a book under the King Arts pedestal stand so that all 3 shields were at the same angle for the photo. On the guitar stands, the shields sit at a more laid back angle, whereas the King Arts pedestal stand, the shield sits slightly more upright.

The lighting on metal shields with a bit of a glare really do look the best since Vibranium is a real metal in the Marvel Universe.

The EFX fibreglass shield is the thickest of the 3 shields. The King Arts metal shield is next in thickness and is a bit heavy. The Hasbro metal shield is the thinnest and lightest of the 3 shields. I didn't measure the thickness of the Hasbro shield as you would need a caliper which I don't have one. All I can say is that the thickness is similar to that of a car body shell. So it isn't that thick.

The sizing of the stripes, blue centers, and stars vary on all 3 shields. I still think the truest to screen accurate sizing is the EFX. The King Arts is a wonderful version in an attempt to create a well constructed metal shield but the blue center and star is a bit small. The Hasbro shield is the thinnest, lightest, and least expensive of the 3 and still does a wonderful job of making a display piece of a metal shield. However, it is nowhere near the quality of the King Arts shield as I am guessing from judging by the thickness that the King Arts shield used about 5 times the amount of metal as the Hasbro shield. The King Arts shield's metal appears to be an aluminum alloy. The Hasbro shield feels like stamped aluminum. If you whack someone with the King Arts shield, you can seriously hurt them. The size of the blue center and star on the Hasbro shield is even bigger than the screen accurate EFX.

For someone who is looking for a great Captain America display metal shield but isn't too overly worried about screen accuracy, then this Hasbro metal shield is perfect. The Hasbro plastic Captain America shield I would not even bother unless you are purely using for cosplay.

And yes, I will be dressing up for Halloween at the office on Monday :lol Probably bring the Hasbro metal shield with me since it is the lightest and easiest to carry.

Attachments

• 20161028_001443_resized.jpg
    20161028_001443_resized.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 20161028_001333_resized.jpg
    20161028_001333_resized.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 181
Just by looking at the pictures, the Hasbro 75th Anniversary Shield has the shinier and better "brushed" look than the other two. The Hasbro version may not be movie accurate, but I'm not looking for movie accuracy. I was looking for a shield that has the best brushed look and best shine combo. To me that's the Hasbro version.

For these shields, I don't equate thickness for quality. My thought is I would only equate thickness with quality if I were to use it in battle.

Just got my Hasbro metal shield the other day. No issues.

I also bought the guitar stands that one of the members here suggested. Great idea.

Here are my 3 Captain America shields at a side-by-side comparison photo.

Left shield = Hasbro 75th Anniversary Metal Shield
Middle Shield = King Arts Metal Shield
Right Shield = EFX Fibreglass Shield

I had to wedge a book under the King Arts pedestal stand so that all 3 shields were at the same angle for the photo. On the guitar stands, the shields sit at a more laid back angle, whereas the King Arts pedestal stand, the shield sits slightly more upright.

The lighting on metal shields with a bit of a glare really do look the best since Vibranium is a real metal in the Marvel Universe.

The EFX fibreglass shield is the thickest of the 3 shields. The King Arts metal shield is next in thickness and is a bit heavy. The Hasbro metal shield is the thinnest and lightest of the 3 shields. I didn't measure the thickness of the Hasbro shield as you would need a caliper which I don't have one. All I can say is that the thickness is similar to that of a car body shell. So it isn't that thick.

The sizing of the stripes, blue centers, and stars vary on all 3 shields. I still think the truest to screen accurate sizing is the EFX. The King Arts is a wonderful version in an attempt to create a well constructed metal shield but the blue center and star is a bit small. The Hasbro shield is the thinnest, lightest, and least expensive of the 3 and still does a wonderful job of making a display piece of a metal shield. However, it is nowhere near the quality of the King Arts shield as I am guessing from judging by the thickness that the King Arts shield used about 5 times the amount of metal as the Hasbro shield. The King Arts shield's metal appears to be an aluminum alloy. The Hasbro shield feels like stamped aluminum. If you whack someone with the King Arts shield, you can seriously hurt them. The size of the blue center and star on the Hasbro shield is even bigger than the screen accurate EFX.

For someone who is looking for a great Captain America display metal shield but isn't too overly worried about screen accuracy, then this Hasbro metal shield is perfect. The Hasbro plastic Captain America shield I would not even bother unless you are purely using for cosplay.

And yes, I will be dressing up for Halloween at the office on Monday :lol Probably bring the Hasbro metal shield with me since it is the lightest and easiest to carry.

If Stan Lee said he would sign one shield, which do you choose? :lol

Got my helmet. It was discounted from Amazon Warehouse Deals for only $65. It had a few scuffs on the top, but they aren't that bad at all. I plan on weathering this helmet any way.

ironmanedit4.jpg

ironmanedit1.jpg

ironmanedit2.jpg

ironmanedit3.jpg

ironmanedit5.jpg

img_5276.jpg

For display purposes, this is a great IronMan helmet. It's only when you hold it you realize it's hard plastic. For me it's a keeper.

Sorry to hear yours has a few scuffs.

Back