Hasbro 1:1 Accessories/Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cap shield came today and I am happy. I don't have any paint issues that I can see. After seeing the someone's picture of the plastic one, I am glad I did go with the metal. The only way you could wear it on your back is if you rigged something up yourself.

Cool, thanks! Is there a way for the magnets to work without having to glue it onto the back of the shield? Or do the shield straps open wide enough to wear as a "backpack"?

Got mine too. It's great for the price! There's very minor paint bleed and the roll on the edges is not that bad. Here's a comparison with the Kings Art shield (the star is much smaller on the Kings Art). Not really sure which one is more screen accurate. Quick iPhone photos:
View attachment 298868

View attachment 298869

So which would you go for at the end of the day if you had to buy a second:

Another King Arts or another Hasbro?

I'm a huge King Arts fan, but before I read your post with pic - I saw the pic and loved the shield on the right (Hasbro.) I'm surprised that it looks that great next to a King Arts. :rock

So I was thinking about wall mounting this on a pegboard and was wondering how anyone would maybe try it.

I was thinking about just getting keyboard hooks and hanging it but was worried about damaging the leather straps over time due to the weight....OR would putting up magnets on the wall and then sticking it on be a workable method? Hmmm

So I was thinking about wall mounting this on a pegboard and was wondering how anyone would maybe try it.

I was thinking about just getting keyboard hooks and hanging it but was worried about damaging the leather straps over time due to the weight....OR would putting up magnets on the wall and then sticking it on be a workable method? Hmmm

Let us know. I'd be interested in hanging mine, if and when I get one. I have the King Arts Wall Mount that I might try first.

I have a 14 lb shield hung over my desk.

cap display 1.jpg

I used a plastic chain, run through the straps and clipped together with a metal carabeaner. Then I mounted a hook on the wall that is rated for 30 lbs. Works great.

The

I'm a huge King Arts fan, but before I read your post with pic - I saw the pic and loved the shield on the right (Hasbro.) I'm surprised that it looks that great next to a King Arts. :rock

I would go for Kings Art again for the quality and the display capability. It's also more of a high end limited collectible that will retain (or exceed) its value over time. The Hasbro is more of a mass produce item that's available everywhere, so it's not as exclusive. The Hasbro will be more of my carry around Halloween shield or to use when hanging out at the mall. Haha

I have both, but the king arts is the battle damaged. HOwever, there is absolutely NO Comparison. Kings is WAY WAY BETTER, from the packaging, to the finish, metal weight, everything. However, KA has a MSRP of 799 bucks, so that is that. If money is not a problem, kings art is way superior.

I am going to give one more try with Hasbro, ordered a replacement from amazon.

I don't know if I would want a heavier shield than what the ML already weighs.

Sure it might be better because it has more metal but that extra weight might be more a hassle if one wants to walk with the thing or hang it up.

Also more metal and it being heavier really can't be noticed if just looking at it as a display.

I don't know if I would want a heavier shield than what the ML already weighs.

Sure it might be better because it has more metal but that extra weight might be more a hassle if one wants to walk with the thing or hang it up.

Also more metal and it being heavier really can't be noticed if just looking at it as a display.

yes, I know, I am just talking about the quality overall. You can't really compare one product that costs MSRP almost 3 times more than the counterpart. The one hasbro I got is not worth it 300 bucks, lots of paint flaws. I don't expect a perfect metal shield for 300 bucks, but what I got was unacceptable

Play-Asia sells the King Arts AoU shields, both wall-mounted and with pedestal, for only $325 now! But of course there's expensive shipping and taxes on top of that. The King Arts would cost me approx. $230 more than Hasbro's shipped and with taxes, which is a good price. But based on the pictures here, I actually like the look of Hasbro better. I'm sure the feel of KA is probably more solid but I will only use mine as a display of a Cap shield.

Got my Metal Cap Shield today, its awesome. Some minor paint "hiccups" but well worth it.

Play-Asia sells the King Arts AoU shields, both wall-mounted and with pedestal, for only $325 now! But of course there's expensive shipping and taxes on top of that. The King Arts would cost me approx. $230 more than Hasbro's shipped and with taxes, which is a good price. But based on the pictures here, I actually like the look of Hasbro better. I'm sure the feel of KA is probably more solid but I will only use mine as a display of a Cap shield.

If I had both in front of me with a similar cost I would definately go with the KA, but i'm really digging the larger star on the ML.

But that wall mount and pedestel with the KA is too nice to pass up.

I have a 14 lb shield hung over my desk.

View attachment 299134

I used a plastic chain, run through the straps and clipped together with a metal carabeaner. Then I mounted a hook on the wall that is rated for 30 lbs. Works great.

I'd just like to say I really respect the time and vision you put into your display. It's outside of the box and artistic as well as museum quality in many ways.

I picked up the Stormtrooper helmet from Toys R Us yesterday. They had it and Kylo's helmet marked at 20% off in case anyone is looking for a deal.

Back