Has anyone picked up the new Star trek 12" figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by TRU yesterday and saw an assortment of the Star Trek figures from the new movie. The 12" figures looked just like the prototype pictures. Kirk was the worst sculpt and looked like a pinhead. The best looking was the Old Spock figure which actually looked like Nimoy.

I am wondering if they have the same body as the the older Playmates 12" figures. If they do, I will probably be skipping them at $30.

Alan

I stopped by TRU yesterday and saw an assortment of the Star Trek figures from the new movie. The 12" figures looked just like the prototype pictures. Kirk was the worst sculpt and looked like a pinhead. The best looking was the Old Spock figure which actually looked like Nimoy.

I am wondering if they have the same body as the the older Playmates 12" figures. If they do, I will probably be skipping them at $30.

Alan

I haven't been anywhere to look at them, but from what I've seen, they're a pass. They are better than the Barbie ones though. :horror

I'd be curious to know this too. If they are on the old Playmates 1/6 bodies they're a definite pass though.

12inch_Star_Trek_5_figs_t.jpg

They all look like crap, but the barbie unis might actually provide a better fit on real 1:6 figures than the Playmates versions.

i saw these at TRU but passed them pretty quickly. i agree with ironman. the barbie outfits look like they will fit the standard TT or 12 inch bodies better than those playmates. i just need to find some good sculpts. these look like crap

Edit: I edited my message, after I realized how Barbie-like these figures looked. So, I guess they'll be making Star Trek Ken and Barbie compliment these "dollies"? :confused:

Kind of off topic: I just have a strong feeling that the new movie will fail with the old fans. And I can just smell a new Star Trek kiddie cartoon series on Cartoon Nework. :lol

Last edited:
Kind of off topic: I just have a strong feeling that the new movie will fail with the old fans. And I can just smell a new Star Trek kiddie cartoon series on Cartoon Nework. :lol

i really hope i enjoy it. i am so excited for some new good star trek. last few movies really haven't been all that good, and Enterprise wasn't that great either.

i really hope i enjoy it. i am so excited for some new good star trek. last few movies really haven't been all that good, and Enterprise wasn't that great either.

Well, Enterprise wasn't exactly canon to Trek :lol. But, I know what you're saying.

Anyways, this toy line doesn't look very promising...

The 12" figures are actually pretty nice, especially at $30 each. Of course, if you're expecting Enterbay or Hot Toys quality at that price, you're going to be disappointed. I'll have a review up of the Kirk and Spock on Thursday, and I already covered the very disappointing 3 3/4" stuff:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041309a.htm

The 12" figures are actually pretty nice, especially at $30 each. Of course, if you're expecting Enterbay or Hot Toys quality at that price, you're going to be disappointed. I'll have a review up of the Kirk and Spock on Thursday, and I already covered the very disappointing 3 3/4" stuff:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041309a.htm

Great review! The 3 3/4" stuff looks terrible, and Kirk indeed has that Miles O'Brien feel to him (judging from the pics).

You're right though, for $30 piece we shouldn't be expecting much in terms of quality. But, I can't shake that Barbie vibe that the 12 inchers are giving me. And Kirk looks like he's a new member of N'Sync :lol...

Back