Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a time when I looked forward to all the MCU movies. :yess:

But since EG, I now look forward to my next colonoscopy more than I do the next MCU movie. The experience is about the same. :rotfl

It does seem that the MCU formula, and humor, has run its course. It all looks so dated now. Not hip and new. Just... been there, done that... for a long, long time. Dated, may be a better word.

Its like comedy. A good comedian or comedic style -- be he Mel Brooks or Jim Carrey or everyone inbetween -- has maybe 3-6 years of a good run before their material/style gets stale. You then reinvent... or you go away for 7 years and hope for a resurgence/comeback. It's that way with a lot of things. It's part of the miracle that the MCU's master plan worked for as long as it did. But now... it is over.

Last edited:
It does seem that the MCU formula, and humor, has run its course. It all looks so dated now. Not hip and new. Just... been there, done that... for a long, long time. Dated, may be a better word.

Don't worry. That's going to transfer to the DCEU as well courtesy of James Gunn.

I can't decide what's worse, Klawng or this goofy goober:

200410.jpg

Here's your Philosophical 11/10 Space Jesus, bro!

Christ... Why do all of my favourites have to get screwed up? I'm not getting a good feeling for the FF and the X-Men...

It's been 6 years since the last one. I was so looking forward to this... in like 2020.
Well there were a couple of things that caused an inevitable delay, such as Gunn getting temporarily fired and.....what was the other???? Hmmmmm..........oh yes, a worldwide pandemic lol.

I was thinking the same thing, as the color palette reminded me so much of GoTG2 and even Gunn's The Suicide Squad. But the trailer didn't really give away much in terms of the actual plot, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.....while still bracing for the worst. :lol

I can't decide what's worse, Klawng or this goofy goober:

200410.jpg

Here's your Philosophical 11/10 Space Jesus, bro!

Christ... Why do all of my favourites have to get screwed up? I'm not getting a good feeling for the FF and the X-Men...

He's looking to get paid this time.

I'm leaning more in seeing the Flash than any Marvel related movie at this point. Gunn's cinematography has become a one-trick pony with the humor, father issues, and overused soundtrack.

But the trailer didn't really give away much in terms of the actual plot, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.....while still bracing for the worst. :lol

I would think if you're relying on plot to carry this movie, you will be disappointed.

It's always been about the camaraderie, sights and silly jokes with GOTG. Plot always seemed sketchy at best. Besides, you know it will be about... Family. Big shock. It's Gunn.

I would think if you're relying on plot to carry this movie, you will be disappointed.

It's always been about the camaraderie, sights and silly jokes with GOTG. Plot always seemed sketchy at best. Besides, you know it will be about... Family. Big shock. It's Gunn.
Well, Vin Diesel does voice Groot so I guess that’s to be expected lol. Maybe this will end with Quill and Gamora on Earth, driving off into the sunset in a 1970 Dodge Charger.

He's looking to get paid this time.

I'm leaning more in seeing the Flash than any Marvel related movie at this point. Gunn's cinematography has become a one-trick pony with the humor, father issues, and overused soundtrack.
Gunn took the GotG from the hardened Post-Annihilation group of DNA to... Drax making scatological jokes. You couldn't pay me to watch them in theatres. Him ruining another two of my favourites, Warlock and the Evolutionary, by turning them into the Golden Goober and the Purple Cenobite, is yet another reason to skip it. I've said it before that the last MCU flick I watched in cinemas was Dr. Strange (and the last CBM in general was Logan), but if something's interesting enough I watch it on my PC. The 2023 slate leaves me cold in every way. This year's shows at least are "better" (in that I still somewhat care about the characters, not that I'm expecting them to be good), with Loki and Secret Invasion. And I suppose Ironheart will give me Zeke Stane and Mephisto. 2024 has Agatha, Echo and whatever other nonsense, but at least it's got DP3, so there's that. 2023's MCU flicks are just a non-entity for me, period. I'm more excited for Shang-Chi 2 than the Marvels. Jesus Christ, imagine wasting a slot on that nonsense when Strange still hasn't properly gotten a sequel (no, the WandaVision Sequel ft. Chavez doesn't count)...

Dolly-wise I need a Warlock for my Infinity display, but I'll pass this time. The costume is absolutely dreadful. It's like a trashbag with random red plastic bits all over.

adam1_AZmwFdU.png

The goober face won't change, but maybe in his next appearance they'll give him a makeover. My rule is to always wait for their last look, as that's often the most comic accurate and best. I may snag a DNA Star Lord though. I'll keep him until I get a Nova, and with hopefully an Annihilus in the FF sequel in 2028, I'll have the perfect Annihilation/DNA Era display.

Endgame was the perfect farewell for me to the actual MCU. Its even right in the title.

The rest since are just part of the Multiverse nonsense..... Easily skippable... :yess:

This movie is probably my farewell to the MCU, just no interest other this than movie, haven't watched Wakanda Forever, Werewolf By Night and wont be watching Ant Man.
I probably won’t be watching any marvel film til we get the big guns again either. All this dragging their feet isn’t fun anymore. Everything is so lackluster

Is that one of Thor or Loki's old costumes just spray-painted gold?

One of the many reasons I lost interest in the MCU immediately.....everything is so same-y looking.

** Insert @ZE_501 's disdain for over designing here ** :lol
That's the MCU for you... God, I hate it.

Is that one of Thor or Loki's old costumes just spray-painted gold?

One of the many reasons I lost interest in the MCU immediately.....everything is so same-y looking.
It looks more like they found a trashbag and then glued some random plastic bits all over it. Even the cape seems like a Halloween department "prop". I need a Warlock but I'm not buying this. I'm sticking to my rule of "only buy the last ever look of a character". That's when they do the comic accurate suit anyhow.

That actor playing him is one of the goofiest-looking guys working in Hollywood today. His face is just plain bizarre. Anytime I see him onscreen all I can think is "man....is this guy real or some kind of weird plastic/CGI mannequin that's started to melt?"

Good luck having a 12 inch doll of that guy on the shelf staring at you all day. Gives me the willies.

That actor playing him is one of the goofiest-looking guys working in Hollywood today. His face is just plain bizarre. Anytime I see him onscreen all I can think is "man....is this guy real or some kind of weird plastic/CGI mannequin that's started to melt?"
Between him and Klawng, I don't know what to think anymore. The Quantumania Post-Credits scene leaked and all I can say is that it is an affront to acting... I think they're deliberately miscasting so badly to see how much they can get away with. Or they're morons. Either is likely.

Good luck having a 12 inch doll of that guy on the shelf staring at you all day. Gives me the willies.
I'll be waiting for a version with long hair and another costume. That and the gold paint will obscure him enough. I need a single Warlock to stand next to my Thanos, I can't be buying the first thing that comes out. Plus, I need him to have his staff. I'd take either of his Infinity Watch looks:

E7sxJThQ_0102181453181gpadd.jpg
Adam-Warlock-Marvel-Comics-Infinity-Watch-b.jpg

But I'm rooting for the Annihilation Conquest/DNA GotG outfit:

596f62fac80978c6ad4aceb8f5d8846a.jpg

That, plus my Endgame Thanos, and hopefully a Magus (and an Eva Green Death, which alas shall never happen...) would be perfect. But I'm not buying this goofy goober with the short hair and his trashy pajamas. They won't kill off the GotG brand, they'll do another with him, Nova and whoever else. Probably in 6 years or something, but I'll be waiting that much to get a Doom, so eh.

Back