Grievous up for preorder....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RE Han

New to the Star Wars group. I can't get enough of the awesome releases Sideshow is putting out. I just put my order in for Grievous. As for the Han Solo debate I thought I got my order in on time that Friday when they released the 250 pieces for pre-order. Boy was I wrong, order went in at 11:45pm I forgot to write my confirmation number down and low and behold Saturday afternoon came and I had 2 regular versions confirmed. I called Monday and found out that Han was sold out around 12am.

:wilkommen elektrox!

Okay, so I was wrong about Han. I would have sworn it was still up on Sunday. :dunno

As for the exclusive selling out - SSC will make the determination when it sells out, could happen this weekend or could take weeks. I'm not betting the dress on it though!

But whenever it DOES happen, then the regular will be available.

come on Dave...you know you want to be slave leia :x :x :thud :thud :puke :puke

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Yeah, I wish It had been Sunday. Since the last one sold on ebay for $800 and some change. Get that Grievous!!!!!

Do I smell another bet. SDCC isn't that far off. Dave are you wanting to give Chris a break this year? :rollin

...don't think any shelf will hold this beast...the 18" depth is the killer.......looks like I'll have to sit it on a table
Yea, he's not shelf friendly - might have to sit on top of the big screen...

I think the regular will be announced tomorrow in the regular newsletter as per affiliate news & maybe thats when the exclusives closes?

No bets though!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin

This concept is a good idea- rather than limiting it to 250, everybody who receives the newsletter and acts quickly can get an exclusive, then it switches to regular for the general public preorder. The only problem is, I never received the email today, and I'm sure there are others who didn't either.

Thanks for not making it 300 ES. I think I would have missed out. Thankfully, it's ordered! I really wanted the caped version. :rock

This concept is a good idea- rather than limiting it to 250, everybody who receives the newsletter and acts quickly can get an exclusive, then it switches to regular for the general public preorder. The only problem is, I never received the email today, and I'm sure there are others who didn't either.

That's exactly right. I love the concept, but the execution leaves a little to be desired since I never got the newsletter.:dunno This is one time where TBA is a good idea, so long as the exclusive orders are cut off after this weekend. Good job Sideshow!:clap

Edited to add: Actually, I just got the newsletter literally 30 seconds after posting this. Eerie...

Re: newsletter

OK- I finally received the preorder email! And the exclusive is still up for sale. So it looks like those of us who get our emails late might not have to panic (quite) so much next time, if this method is used again. Assuming that everybody does get their email by some time this evening and SS does actually cut off the exclusive tomorrow or Saturday, then I kind of like this approach. It gives all the loyal customers a good shot without punishing those who aren't lucky enough to get their emails first. I wonder how many will have sold in the first day? More than 250? I'll bet that the amount sold in the first 24 hours to the newsletter crowd will actually end up being a pretty appropriate total amount for the exclusive.

We have to remember that not everyone can plop down a pre-order for $463 even if it is coming out next year! That's a real chunck of change, particularly with ALL the other collectibles being released this year and next, and people's Credit Cards going into nuclear meltdown! Look at all the LOTR pre-orders ALONE! Not to mention those of use who collect 'other' things!
Personally, I have an obscene amount of pre-orders for SSW LOTR stuff....SS Star Wars stuff....UC LOTR items & Costumes and a ton of Master Replicas items!:help
:bang
I think the exclusive pre-orders WILL still end up being around LE 300!

That is alot of money, I think your right about a 300 Edition Size. If the Edition is high their will be alot of cancelations because of the high price and other SS stuff coming. I Guess will have to wait and see.

I believe they sold around 150 in the first hour. I compared my order number to someone else's order number.

My guess is at least 350 have been sold already, if not more....

I'm gonna take a guess and say the exclusive "cape" version will have an edition size of 1,000.

We'll see.....The price tag is high. But, look on the bright side...we have basically a year to save up for Grievous. :lol :banana

Actually, I'll bet you guys are right!
I completely forgot that some of the Star Wars webpages have posted our little secret e-mail link and now anyone can pre-order these!
So, I guess it will be a LE of 1,000. :|

Remember the transaction number is for everything that is sold, granted the bulk of those today will be Grievous, but not all.

Just a quick question: Since the cape comes "with clasp", will it be removable? It would be cool if we could display it both ways. One way looks better and the other is film accurate.

I just pre-ordered mine about an hour ago, phewwww... I guess they weren't lying about it being up on Friday – they just failed to mention that it would be first thing Friday morning Australian time. :thwak

I feel lucky to have gotten my order in, and a little upset at the same time. I'm a bit of a vampire and keep insane hours so I can chat with all my US and European brethren here. So called it quits and went to bed @ 4am, and when I got up this morning and checked email, I see a SS newsletter received @ 4.10am!! :bang Immediately felt pretty depressed as I clicked on the link, I was sure that the page would come up as unavailable (same as what happened to me with the Han exclusive), but thankfully was still available. I still hope the ES isn't too high!!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a truly fair way to release these pre-orders, as companies like SS deal with a worldwide audience which makes it virtually impossible for all members to receive notification at the same reasonable time. And the fact that the links are put up on other websites is pretty frustrating.

But i'm happy :dance , I got my exclusive order in and I won't be selling it so the edition # isn't important, yay. :dance :dance

Back