Grievous up for preorder....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stop the Cape shenanigans!

Thanks Chicky,

It would be nice if we could have some notice when the big preorders are going up. We aren't all tied to our computers (just me :rollin ). Similarly a defined time your site accepts pre-orders, rather than e-mail link would be much better (you could give out a code like on the dvd's the week before).

Well I have now recovered from my near fatal heartattack. I worked over today, so I could get off early tomorrow and be ready for the preorder to go up. Then I get home today and see the email. My wife thought they were going to have to break out the smelling salts. :lol

I didn't calm down until I saw the TBD. Whew, what a relief, my order is in :rock :rock :rock :rock

Actually Dave, I didn't remember the exclusive Han lasting that long. I ordered mine around 8am est that Saturday morning and I thought when I checked back later that morning that it was gone. I figured about 12 hours at the most counting the newsletter going out late Friday night. But then again that has been some time ago, many preorders since then :google

So, wait....was the regular edition available through the newsletter?
I jut want to make sure I ordered the exclusive caped version!!!

I clicked the first link on the e-mail, then after that is has another link that says order the exclusive!

OK....breathe.....Phew.....

Anyone know if I could have mistakenly ordered the regular version or DID EVERYONE WHO ORDRED THROUGH THE E-MAIL get the EXCLUSIVE VERSION W/CAPE???

Sorry....Having a minor fit here!

I'm pretty sure Han was still available as of Sunday night the first weekend it went up. But I know it wasn't available Monday morning as that was when I went to order it.

OK..........just in the door & read this thread......had a heart attack, passed out, 30 mins later woke up, checked my inbox & ordered.

COULDA BEEN V MESSY IF THE ES WAS 250.........I WOULDA MISSED OUT...........AND I WOULDA BEEN V ANGRY >:

gREAT IDEA SS THOUGH.................AND GUYS DON'T POST THE LINKS, JUST PM THEM TO BOARD MEMBERS WHO HAVEN'T GOT IT YET.

REMEMBER, KEEP IT SECRET, KEEP IT SAFE.

Tristam, I went back to the newsletter and clicked all of the links and each one took me to the exclusive. You can check you order and it should say exclusive beside of the item description.

Thanks Oxbeard!
I I checked and it says exclusive!
I guess I just needed confirmation from one of you guys to put my mind at ease!

I'm a big sideshow customer and still didn't get my newsletter?!!! Anyone can IM me the link it would be appreciated, even though it is hush hush. Thanks!

Thanks! :banana Also, just got the email 5 seconds ago. Gosh... I wonder what the edition size is? I guess the newsletters are still sent out in batches and it is probably based on when someone joined their newsletter list. The cape looks awesome, really adds to the statue and give it some body.

Guess it's not that exclusive anymore....

Guess Newsletter members are not the only ones ordrering today!

Sir Steves Guide has a DIRECT link (That works!) going right to the order page and they have this news report on his front page....
Oh well...

-----------------------------------------------------------
General Grievous Available for Pre-Order - SPOILERS
Posted by SirSteve on Apr 28, 05.

Click to Enlarge
Be one of the first to be able to pre-order this figure!

As seen in the final installment in the Star Wars Saga - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith , General Grievous is a nearly unstoppable cyborg with the sophisticated mind of a killer and a body that blends flesh and metal together. The 1/4-scale Premium Format General Grievous Figure was meticulously sculpted to capture every detail of Grievous' techno-organic body, from the organs captured in his clear green chest cavity to the marbled surface of his armor.

The figure itself is a composite of metal, plastic, and polystone, engineered to provide the optimum stability and durability. The detailed paint application utilizes elaborate marbling and metallic techniques that breathe life into what little is left of his organic being. Each of the General's four robotic limbs wields a Jedi lightsaber, each a trophy from his fallen prey. Included is an environmental display stand with artist and edition information on the base bottom.

General Grievous sells for $450.00 and will be available first quarter 2006. The limited edition amount has yet to be determined.

Visit SideshowCollectibles.com now to pre-order yours!
------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Guess it's not that exclusive anymore....

Maybe Sideshow is allowing all newsletter members to place their order by sending out emails tonight, then announce edition size tomorrow based on numbers ordered and then some so newsletter members will get a chance first? I guess we'll see.

For the record, Dave Han sold out by 3PM central time on Saturday. I tried to order one then and they were all gone. The one Friday I go out of town and I miss out on Han. :cry :bang

Maybe Sideshow is allowing all newsletter members to place their order by sending out emails tonight, then announce edition size tomorrow based on numbers ordered and then some so newsletter members will get a chance first?

If that's what they're doing, then :bow to SS.

Bonehead is correct Han exclusive did not last the weekend. I recieved the newsletter or checked my box before going to work around 2-3am Saturday and ordered Han then. Checked if he was still around noon that day and nope he was gone.

RE

Just got my newsletter! :bang

If the edition side was the rumored 300 Id be :sancho out of luck me thinks!
I'm thinking the Exclusive editon size will be around 1000 for sure. They might even just keep it TBA until 2000 are ordered. I don't think I like this idea SS :moon

Re: RE

Will it be like Vader, where everyone who orders through SS gets the exclusive cape (or mouse droid in Vader's case), and retailers have a separate regular edition? Or will SS eventually sell a regular edition on their website?

And I still haven't received my newsletter...

They'll start selling the regular version as soon as the exclusive sells out.

but if the exclusive is TBD how can it sell out?

PS. Just Got hold of a tape measure and scaled out the sized of this thing...............don't think any shelf will hold this beast...the 18" depth is the killer.......looks like I'll have to sit it on a table

Back