Grievous up for preorder....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re cape

I don't think the arms will be moveable. But the 4 arms/4 lightsabers is so much tougher looking I think...

I hope they do a good job with the paint on this guy when he goes into mass production. If you take a look at most of the toys on the market of him, they haven't bothered to maintain the coloring/shading of him, so they just go with plain white. Really takes a lot away from the piece.

Did SS explain why it's priced at $450 (glowing light sabers with sound, etc)? For a character that is supposed to be on the movie for a few minutes cost more than the main characters (especially DV). That would suck if the ES is the same or more than Darth Vader. I will definitely cancel this piece and switch to the GG version. :bang

Will SS price Yoda at $750 next with an LE of 5000-pcs. :thwak

:balrog

Yeah, I am annoyed that the ES is still not announed....but what's this about Lightsabers that light up?
I didn't hear that!

I beleice one of the SS folks mentioned in another thread why it was costed so much higher. There are a lot of details and intricacies on this piece that are different from most of the other pieces. I can definately see that and don't mind the price so much. It will suck however if every piece in this line is > $300 though.

Hmm....I am starting to think the edition size will be 2,000. Maybe even higher. Hope not thou.

Yea Im thinking this is going to be a pretty big exclusive edition size.

Does it really matter what the edition size is?:dunno

A high edition size just means less scalping which is a good thing. :D

IMO, SS is doing the right thing. Every newsletter subscriber should have the chance to order this piece.:clap :speech I think they'll cut orders off on Monday.

No the lightsabers don't light up (I think). But as was said this piece is much more complex than any other Premium. Did you all see the new video? It shows how many pieces Grievous breaks down into.

Behind the scenes - Star Wars

Personally, I would prefer it if the lightsabers did not light up. That seems a little action figure-ish to me. (Of course, if they did I could just not press the button.) However, I am glad that I am not paying more for a feature that I wouldn't use very much. I don't plan on lighting up Darth Vader very often. I can see why this one is a bit more than Vader. Watch that video and see how complex this figure is. It's made from a ton of different pieces!

re

Like MR's AT-AT, this statue is made from numerous, highly detailed pieces that push the cost up.

As for ES, I'm not so sure it'll hit the 2,000 range - it may still be available because ppl aren't willing to drop $450 on an (as yet) unknown character. Makes my wallet cry and I'm nuts about SW!

:fart

Re: re

Yes, the edition size does matter. No one wants to pay $450 for a piece, then the edition size is 10,000 and they are on eBay for $300 or something like that.

Just my opinion.

re

By their very name, exclusives should be just that...exclusive. To have both versions with an ES of 1K is ludicrous. Where's the exclusivity in that? :dunno :\ It just doesn't make sense.

The edition size could be a million, but if Sideshow was the only place to get it, it would still be exclusive. "Exclusive" doesn't mean "limited" but it is being used that way.

I don't want super high edition sizes. I agree that when the ES is high then it is sold very much less in the secondary market. While it is true that I could benefit from the cheaper price on the secondary market, I really like to get mine from SS in case there is something wrong with it, or in case I need to cancel, I am not penalized.

I agree. I hate to spend more than what other people are paying, but it's worth it to me to know that I have Sideshow's customer service if I need it.

Back