Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw you guys are no fun! This looks like a fun movie. They are monsters fighting’s I know they are sometimes made to be serious but they have there fun epic moments to
You like it cause it looks like PT quality ;)
I agree this looks fun. Not every movie needs to be serious. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The first Kong vs Godzilla took it to that fun level and I loved it!

This new one looks like it takes it too far.

From fun to dumb.

Problems:

Bay Transformers vibe
Looks worse then that
Is this a Planet of the Apes movie lol
I got that feeling. Didn’t like it.
By showing too many Kongs it threw off their scale completely.
Agreed
Running Godzilla the worst Godzilla imagery EVER! :slap
This!!!!! I remember you hating running Godzilla on KvG. You didn’t know what bad really looked like :lol
I’m running back to Minus One!
Me too!!!

Oh man just watched the trailer, this looks so freaking stupid. :lol

Kong vs. Hulk vs. Godzilla vs. Wilson vs. Planet of the Apes vs. Transformers.

With their own Baby Groot and Civil War airport running scene, lol.

This has got to be one of the single dumbest images in the history of film.

Pink hair running Godzilla, lol.

gxk.png

You like it cause it looks like PT quality ;)

The first Kong vs Godzilla took it to that fun level and I loved it!

This new one looks like it takes it too far.

From fun to dumb.
Damn right I do! I love big bombastic CGI fights ! I don’t want to be promised something good like the ST and to never be delivered on it 😢

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

Here’s my take. Godzilla is a character and franchise I love, and the expanse of films means I have a variety to choose from to suit my moods and needs.

I have wanted a dark, serious, dramatic Godzilla since 2014, and Minus One delivered. I love Minus One, but I can’t emotionally or physically handle every movie in the series being like that. It makes it stand out that it’s so unique.

Movies in general for the past decade have felt like Hollywood forgot how to have fun and make movies a chance for kids to be kids and adults to feel like kids for a few hours. GvK was a much welcomed breath of fresh air, and this movie looks equally fun, and after having my core rocked by Minus One, I need some happy go lucky fun Godzilla action,

Damn right I do! I love big bombastic CGI fights ! I don’t want to be promised something good like the ST and to never be delivered on it 😢
I’m still trying to figure out you being pumped for this but waiting to see GMO when it comes out on home video.

So being promised something bad and delivering is ok ?? :lol

For the record the ST trailers never promised much of anything and that’s what we got. You should have liked them ;)

View attachment 676748

View attachment 676750

Here’s my take. Godzilla is a character and franchise I love, and the expanse of films means I have a variety to choose from to suit my moods and needs.

I have wanted a dark, serious, dramatic Godzilla since 2014, and Minus One delivered. I love Minus One, but I can’t emotionally or physically handle every movie in the series being like that. It makes it stand out that it’s so unique.

Movies in general for the past decade have felt like Hollywood forgot how to have fun and make movies a chance for kids to be kids and adults to feel like kids for a few hours. GvK was a much welcomed breath of fresh air, and this movie looks equally fun, and after having my core rocked by Minus One, I need some happy go lucky fun Godzilla action,
Man I could get behind this statement if this didn’t look so bad. I agree that KvG was a fun time at the movies but it still took itself somewhat seriously and was respectful to the Godzilla name.

This film looks like a cartoon. From the graphics to the goofy ideas.

I mean really ??

IMG_1265.jpeg

There are plenty of “fun films” Problem is this movie looks like it’s trying to be those fun films

I’m talking The Marvels, the last few Transformers movies, the last two Fast and Furious films

We should hold family fun films to a higher standard.

Remember Star Wars, Raiders of the lost Ark, ET, the first 10 years of Marvel films?

KvG walked up to the line but never crossed it… this one looks like it’s leaping over that line… :lol

This is coming from a Godzilla fan of the past 48 years also. There are plenty of bad Godzilla films. We don’t need more :(

I hope I’m wrong but everything looks awful so far.

I’m still trying to figure out you being pumped for this but waiting to see GMO when it comes out on home video.

So being promised something bad and delivering is ok ?? :lol

For the record the ST trailers never promised much of anything and that’s what we got. You should have liked them ;)
Lol to be frank I wasn't going to watch Minus one in theaters but the design and figure itself is a must buy or any figures to come from it. I didn't know how the film would turn out. I can wait patiently for toho movies. I was in no rush to see it but the Godzilla design I love. So that's why I said like if Xplus makes it or if there is a gigantic Xplus it's a must buy cause I love the design. I love Godzilla enough where I don't really need to see the movie to get the figure. It's still Godzilla. I know eventually I will see it.

I'm not hyped for this but I don't get the "It looks stupid" complaints when we had Godzilla fight with a Metal Giant man before and a space Dragon on mars and A robotic Version of himself and Giant Lobster. This Franchise can and will bounce back from Silly to dark and I love how it can balance that out. I respect it. I love when a series can be both dark but also light. Not Stupid dumb like batman 66
As for the ST trailers. They promised an Epic continuation and more answers to the questions given in the previous films and didn't deliver on either or the answers sucked. SO yea lol.

But seeing Kong with a gauntlet is kinda crossing the MCU territory but whatever.

Man I could get behind this statement if this didn’t look so bad. I agree that KvG was a fun time at the movies but it still took itself somewhat seriously and was respectful to the Godzilla name.

This film looks like a cartoon. From the graphics to the goofy ideas.

I mean really ??

View attachment 676756

There are plenty of “fun films” Problem is this movie looks like it’s trying to be those fun films

I’m talking The Marvels, the last few Transformers movies, the last two Fast and Furious films

We should hold family fun films to a higher standard.

Remember Star Wars, Raiders of the lost Ark, ET, the first 10 years of Marvel films?

KvG walked up to the line but never crossed it… this one looks like it’s leaping over that line… :lol

This is coming from a Godzilla fan of the past 48 years also. There are plenty of bad Godzilla films. We don’t need more :(

I hope I’m wrong but everything looks awful so far.
Lol Ya know if this is a hit maybe you will feel what Transformers fans have felt for Bay movies and how they kinda made the brand huge but not the way they wanted it.

Back