Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did see Destroy All Monsters on the big screens at some revival with The Two-Headed Transplant... it was the first Kaiju movie I'd ever seen and it blew my mind. Totally obsessed with Godzilla movies for the next 3 years.

As far as groovy soundtracks go, I’d have to say the psychedelic music from Godzilla vs Hedorah is my favorite followed by the jazzy sounds from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.

I remember this movie. I loved it . So campy . Also the main chick is sooooo hot
Kumi Mizuno! Her and Berverly Maeda from Son of Godzilla were childhood crushes of mine.

Almost 90% of anything with the godzilla name or attached to that genre pretty much sucks albeit with varying degrees of suckage.

Just because I enjoyed it when I was young does it mean it holds up today unfortunately most Kaiju movies don’t.

Most are unwatchable.

KOTM is the only modern kaiju movie that I can actually sit thru and find enjoyment from beginning to end.

Shin I also enjoyed as well as G2000, Godzilla against Mechagodzilla, SOS and GMK.

Almost 90% of anything with the godzilla name or attached to that genre pretty much sucks albeit with varying degrees of suckage.

Just because I enjoyed it when I was young does it mean it holds up today unfortunately most Kaiju movies don’t.

Most are unwatchable.

KOTM is the only modern kaiju movie that I can actually sit thru and find enjoyment from beginning to end.

Shin I also enjoyed as well as G2000, Godzilla against Mechagodzilla, SOS and GMK.
To each their own for sure. For me there is a huge nostalgia factor, but I showed all of the Showa and Heisei eras to my girlfriend, and she enjoyed almost all of them. There are a few major stinkers where all you can do is laugh. Then again, we both tend to enjoy campy, b-roll sci-fI from the 50s-70s as well.

Now watching the modern KOTM? That is like a fantasy come true 100%. It’s what my kid brain used to imagine while I was playing with my toys.

And I don’t even mean suck as in the narrative is poorly written.

Most of those movies don’t even have a comprehensible narrative that any adult mind could ever take seriously only the modern monster verse (14 forward) and Shin have competent narratives with actual dialogue that makes sense.

Everything else is just a childish mess of nonsensical concepts and dialogue that are impossible to sit thru.

I would agree that 54 was created with a solid concept and themes due to its proximity of a double atomic detonation on its people.

But it didn’t take long to get to aliens and a hopping Godzilla lol

Last edited:
The original ‘54 (not ‘56 KOTM) is such a grim and dire movie. Even Shin Godzilla isn’t as dark in tone as the OG. For me, Shin is a bit satirical in how it openly mocks the government.

Most of the Showa era movies were directed at children, not adults. If I remember correctly, Godzilla vs Megalon had a sweepstakes for kids to create their own kaiju. That’s where Jet Jaguar came from. TOHO greatly edited and changed the overall look (because they wanted to trademark), but the spirit is there. Then the film itself opened at some festival for kids. Heck, some of the movies were so low in budget that they recycled scenes and suits constantly in the late 60s into the early 70s. Even at the time these movies weren’t meant to be taken seriously.

I grew up watching these movies, so I was right in their target demographic. I’ve also grown up enjoying good old fashion cheesy schlocky movies. My dad raised me on old fantasy and sci fi films.

Most are unwatchable.

1954 Godzilla is still a master class of the genre.

I find most Godzilla films to be easy to watch if I skip the human parts.. lol

Godzilla and all his Kaiju counterparts all have great personalities to their design. Godzilla himself is a perfect design and for me it’s why I still enjoy watching them.

Showa are is my Fav as I still enjoy KOTM, Godzilla vs Mothra, Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster, Son of Godzilla and Destroy All Monsters. I can watch those from beginning to end. I still enjoy King Kong vs Godzilla (1962) but that is pure nostalgia.

The Heisei series is all enjoyable minus Godzilla vs Space Godzilla.

Godzilla 1998 was my biggest disappointment ever in the theaters followed closely by the raping of Hulk in Endgame.

I hated almost everything in the millennium series accept GMK

Shin was ok

I like 2014 Godzilla and love GvK ( dumb but fun)

I find the new KOTM to be the unwatchable one.. Jye is nuts lol

With the exception of Godzilla 1954 non of these are high art and without question appeal to my man child senses.

I’ll always love Godzilla. He was my first love as a kid and I’ll never stray :)

Last edited:
Question JAWS: you are sent to a deserted island and can only take one movie with you for all time -- which is it: "Jaws" or any Godzilla movie of your choice?
JAWS picks JAWS

I love Godzilla but only one to watch over and over… ouch that would be ruff.

Only problem with picking JAWS is that whole being on an island thing. Guess I won’t be trying to make a raft and get off that damn thing.

405478354_794021702737725_3932318820630968872_n.jpg

405343960_794021386071090_7397573070743815867_n.jpg

GxK will be at CCXP this weekend, trailer seems eminent.

GACm8yIW4AEERVW

Last edited:
This is gonna be awful... :slap

Maybe the new big Monkey will be able to talk to the humans too... :rotfl

Back