Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what's even more bizarre. This isn't some pocket Godzilla Schumacher-verse, sprinting Megan Rapinoe Godzilla next to Nintendo Power Glove Kong is supposedly a sequel to the GMO-esque 2014!?

:cuckoo:

I rewatched that trailer with the sound off and imagined the Vangelis music from Chariots of Fire playing while Godzilla & Kong were running together lol...
I hope in the movie they try to make that scene super inspiring and have Kong's gauntlet popping off in slow-motion like Forrest Gump's leg braces, lol.

I hope in the movie they try to make that scene super inspiring and have Kong's gauntlet popping off in slow-motion like Forrest Gump's leg braces, lol.
Nah, at some point he'll just decide he's healed enough and break it off by flexing just like The Rock did with his cast in that one Fast & Furious film lol...

Spiral just revealed their new Godzilla….

View attachment 676825
So did we forget Godzilla 2000 exists, or...?

1701709816126.png

Lol. Really don’t understand the hate some people are giving this, as if 90% of Godzilla movies haven’t been whacky and crazy as hell. I also love how people know everything about the movie based on a 2 min trailer. Monkey aliens? People sized cockroaches? Time travel? Cyborgs? Seatopians? Kaiju talking to each other? Godzilla drop kicking kaiju and flying using his atomic blast to propel him? Biollante being made out of G-cells, plant cells and a woman’s soul. But this movie crossed the line I guess. :lol

I’m sure I’m gonna enjoy it, I enjoy Godzilla’s new look. It’s all fun.
Yes the old films got awfully silly with the guys in rubber suits and WWE-style monster fights, but there was at least a certain charm and simplicity to them. But I don't sense that at all with the mindless CGI action we see in this trailer.

The Godzilla running and hollow earth crap bugs me way more than his color but damn why did it have to be hot pink lol

Hollow earth is lame because it saves WB from having to give us city destruction.

WB said they were going to give us the biggest Godzilla ever and then when they do they make him…are you ready…RUN!! :slap

What is even the conflict? :slap

Last edited:
Yes the old films got awfully silly with the guys in rubber suits and WWE-style monster fights, but there was at least a certain charm and simplicity to them. But I don't sense that at all with the mindless CGI action we see in this trailer.
We also saw Kong kick the ever loving crap out of Godzilla in the very first GvK trailer, but that didn’t actually happen. That alone should tell us how misleading these trailers can be.

But preferring the mindless Tokusatsu fights to the mindless CGI fights just sounds like more of a preference than anything to me.

Last edited:
Back