Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol to be frank I wasn't going to watch Minus one in theaters but the design and figure itself is a must buy or any figures to come from it. I didn't know how the film would turn out. I can wait patiently for toho movies. I was in no rush to see it but the Godzilla design I love. So that's why I said like if Xplus makes it or if there is a gigantic Xplus it's a must buy cause I love the design. I love Godzilla enough where I don't really need to see the movie to get the figure. It's still Godzilla. I know eventually I will see it.
Xplus already did one.. it’s from Godzilla The Ride. Basically same design from the same Director. This is sold out. I’m sure they will make another. Oh and get off your ass and go see this :lol

IMG_1269.jpeg

I'm not hyped for this but I don't get the "It looks stupid" complaints when we had Godzilla fight with a Metal Giant man before and a space Dragon on mars and A robotic Version of himself and Giant Lobster. This Franchise can and will bounce back from Silly to dark and I love how it can balance that out. I respect it. I love when a series can be both dark but also light. Not Stupid dumb like batman 66
This looks like it could be flirting with Batman 66 :(

As for the other G films you mention. Those films are a product of their time and many of them made specifically for kids and not really adults. The best G films tend to be made for adults and the 2nd best wave for Kids and adults. The worst of them are the ones geared just to kids and Unfortunately that looks like this film.

As for the ST trailers. They promised an Epic continuation and more answers to the questions given in the previous films and didn't deliver on either or the answers sucked. SO yea lol.
Trailers didn’t do that for me really. I never got that excited. I had that experience with the PT trailers though. All those trailers were perfect with the classic JW music in the back ground. Films always let me down though :(
But seeing Kong with a gauntlet is kinda crossing the MCU territory but whatever.
Kong Thanos

Xplus already did one.. it’s from Godzilla The Ride. Basically same design from the same Director. This is sold out. I’m sure they will make another. Oh and get off your ass and go see this :lol

View attachment 676760

This looks like it could be flirting with Batman 66 :(

As for the other G films you mention. Those films are a product of their time and many of them made specifically for kids and not really adults. The best G films tend to be made for adults and the 2nd best wave for Kids and adults. The worst of them are the ones geared just to kids and Unfortunately that looks like this film.

Trailers didn’t do that for me really. I never got that excited. I had that experience with the PT trailers though. All those trailers were perfect with the classic JW music in the back ground. Films always let me down though :(

Kong Thanos
Like that design to and yea I love This look and Minus one but missed out on the this figure. Not to mention Minus one is a more feral Godzilla so of course I want him more.

I feel like those movies are a product of there time and like with Batman they change and go back to it's roots while also flirting with it's sillyness. I mean yes we have scary Godzilla but also Fun Godzilla. I mean sure they were made for kids but as a Kid I watchd them and enjoyed them so it's cool seeing some of that bleed into modern films.

I mean even the more serious movies had stupid elements. GMK was supposed to be serious and it had a possessed Godzilla who had the souls of dead WW2 Vets.
Shin was pretty much a stupid walking zombie made of dead Hamburger meat.

And yea for the ST I guess my expectations were alittle to high.

Like that design to and yea I love This look and Minus one but missed out on the this figure. Not to mention Minus one is a more feral Godzilla so of course I want him more.

I feel like those movies are a product of there time and like with Batman they change and go back to it's roots while also flirting with it's sillyness. I mean yes we have scary Godzilla but also Fun Godzilla. I mean sure they were made for kids but as a Kid I watchd them and enjoyed them so it's cool seeing some of that bleed into modern films.

I mean even the more serious movies had stupid elements. GMK was supposed to be serious and it had a possessed Godzilla who had the souls of dead WW2 Vets.
Shin was pretty much a stupid walking zombie made of dead Hamburger meat.

And yea for the ST I guess my expectations were alittle to high.
This takes too much of a leap from the previous Legendary films and even the tv series.

It looks to be going full Retard… Never go full Retard.

Last edited:
Lol. Really don’t understand the hate some people are giving this, as if 90% of Godzilla movies haven’t been whacky and crazy as hell. I also love how people know everything about the movie based on a 2 min trailer. Monkey aliens? People sized cockroaches? Time travel? Cyborgs? Seatopians? Kaiju talking to each other? Godzilla drop kicking kaiju and flying using his atomic blast to propel him? Biollante being made out of G-cells, plant cells and a woman’s soul. But this movie crossed the line I guess. :lol

I’m sure I’m gonna enjoy it, I enjoy Godzilla’s new look. It’s all fun.

Last edited:
Lol. Really don’t understand the hate some people are giving this, as if 90% of Godzilla movies haven’t been whacky and crazy as hell. I also love how people know everything about the movie based on a 2 min trailer. Monkey aliens? People sized cockroaches? Time travel? Cyborgs? Seatopians? Kaiju talking to each other? Godzilla drop kicking kaiju and flying using his atomic blast to propel him? Biollante being made out of G-cells, plant cells and a woman’s soul. But this movie crossed the line I guess. :lol

Yea I don’t get it either. I guess they saw minus one and instantly forgot how silly the last decades or so were. The silly stuff out weighs the seriousness. Godzilla is known for fighting crazy ass creatures. I don’t understand why running with a giant monkey with a big gauntlet and pink spikes is the line we draw when we have a giant butterfly who who gets called upon by two action figure sized women.

Also while I love 54 let’s not pretend it’s not about a giant dinosaur who got radiation and went after Japan and lives at the bottom of the ocean. This franchise isn’t supposed to be realistic 😂. I’m very surprised by the reactions to two monsters running here lol.

In godzilla vs gigan they literally made Godzilla talk 😂

Yea I don’t get it either. I guess they saw minus one and instantly forgot how silly the last decades or so were. The silly stuff out weighs the seriousness. Godzilla is known for fighting crazy ass creatures. I don’t understand why running with a giant monkey with a big gauntlet and pink spikes is the line we draw when we have a giant butterfly who who gets called upon by two action figure sized women.

Also while I love 54 let’s not pretend it’s not about a giant dinosaur who got radiation and went after Japan and lives at the bottom of the ocean. This franchise isn’t supposed to be realistic 😂. I’m very surprised by the reactions to two monsters running here lol.

It also looks to me like the “gauntlet” is actually an arm brace of some sort. Notice he doesn’t have the axe. I bet Scar King beats down Kong and takes it from him.

Every movie in the Godzilla brand doesn't have to be a Minus One, in fact it's better if there is diversity.

I don't deny the quality of filmmaking 2014 was, but I had more fun watching KOTM and GvK than 2014 and prefer them more for rewatch.

If you're going to go "realistic" and deep with a story, you need to go a Minus One route, otherwise, have fun with the idea of radioactive giant monsters.

There seems to be a disconnect here..

It doesn’t have to be Minus 1 serious.

In fact I have yet to see anyone ask for that. Not one person. It’s just that after the masterpiece that was G:MO this abomination of a trailer dropped. Comparisons are going to be inevitable. I’ve been most vocal and I think KvG is a perfect blend of serious/not serious approach.

This is going beyond stupid and so far has none of the feel or atmosphere of all legendary films that have come before it.

******* cartoon baby Kongs :lol

And this constant reminders of how bad some of the old Godzilla films were.. well if they were released today everyone would ***** then too. Can’t we expect more?

In fact I have yet to see anyone ask for that. Not one person. It’s just that after the masterpiece that was G:MO this abomination of a trailer dropped. Comparisons are going to be inevitable. I’ve been most vocal and I think KvG is a perfect blend of serious/not serious approach.

This is going beyond stupid and so far has none of the feel or atmosphere of all legendary films that have come before it.

And this constant reminders of how bad some of the old Godzilla films were.. well if they were released today everyone would ***** then too. Can’t we expect more?
Every movie in the Godzilla brand doesn't have to be a Minus One, in fact it's better if there is diversity.

I don't deny the quality of filmmaking 2014 was, but I had more fun watching KOTM and GvK than 2014 and prefer them more for rewatch.

If you're going to go "realistic" and deep with a story, you need to go a Minus One route, otherwise, have fun with the idea of radioactive giant monsters.

lol jaws why did you post this three times? 😂. Did you mean to do that?

Here I’m going to say it.

Real Godzilla fans don’t want this movie and they go see G:MO in theaters

Picking in Ironwez20 here :lol
lol do t you worry imma see the movie…. On streaming 👀. Lmao

Back