1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone follow Rob Liefeld on Instagram?
Well apparently he received his Toys Era Cable figure the other day and he is excited!
He loves the thing!
Some one asked him if he’s upset that this company isn’t paying him?
His reply “Do I appear upset in the slightest?”
How cool is that?
Not every creative person is about the money.

Got Iceman the other week, and wow I was really taken aback by the ice parts! Especially they head, they all look so good! And the frost effects on the suit are cool.

While I really like what Toys-era has put out lately, I'd rather see some company like Figure Masters try their hand at a new Cyclops and Jean, as well as maybe do Kitty. I'd kill for someone to do a X3 Beast!

I finally got this finished. Lots of different issues to deal with. I colored the body using pastels. A Hot Toys Alice head was painted and haired, but needed to be done over completely when the sealer made the face a darker blue than the body. Drilling holes through those tiny skulls in the belt was no treat.
20190218_064921.jpg
20190218_065044.jpg
20190218_064950.jpg
20190218_065346 (1).jpg
20190218_065322.jpg

Got Iceman the other week, and wow I was really taken aback by the ice parts! Especially they head, they all look so good! And the frost effects on the suit are cool.

While I really like what Toys-era has put out lately, I'd rather see some company like Figure Masters try their hand at a new Cyclops and Jean, as well as maybe do Kitty. I'd kill for someone to do a X3 Beast!

Where did you order from? I just snagged a FM Magneto and wouldn’t mind adding Iceman to the mix.

I finally got this finished. Lots of different issues to deal with. I colored the body using pastels. A Hot Toys Alice head was painted and haired, but needed to be done over completely when the sealer made the face a darker blue than the body. Drilling holes through those tiny skulls in the belt was no treat.

That looks awesome!

Finally I have my Ice Man! here some pictures and my unboxing&review video for Spanish speakers

2.jpg
3.jpg
ds.jpg
D.jpg

Looks like SooSooToys is ready to reveal their version of Psylocke
It looks like they have the same issue with a gap on the upper thigh like Toys Era too

Attachments

• C9B60C72-0958-4F65-AF11-1031C2AF1AF3.jpg
    C9B60C72-0958-4F65-AF11-1031C2AF1AF3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 234
How can there not be an issue? That's the way most plastic female figures are constructed. If you dress the figure in lingerie or a swimsuit, that's going to happen. They aren't going to use a seamless body because it would add too much to the cost.

Has anyone heard- figuremasters canceled their X3 Beast? When is toys era Mystique coming?

Figuremasters haven't said anything about cancelling their beast figure just not had a update for a while, they were working on the furr getting it to look realistic.

Hopefully we will see mystique soon a year ago they said toys era were swapping factorys as they had trouble with the body.

Next x men i think will be released will be soosoo psylocke, toys era the steel 2, cgl professor x

I think we will be waiting a while for mystique, five star storm is still going ahead according to several people ive contacted but had no update on a release date at all.

Got psylocke and cable. Love them! Ill have to get pics in soon. Great to hear five storm is still a go. Loved that look for storm. .now i gotta get storm ;)

Figuremasters haven't said anything about cancelling their beast figure just not had a update for a while, they were working on the furr getting it to look realistic.

Hopefully we will see mystique soon a year ago they said toys era were swapping factorys as they had trouble with the body.

Next x men i think will be released will be soosoo psylocke, toys era the steel 2, cgl professor x

I think we will be waiting a while for mystique, five star storm is still going ahead according to several people ive contacted but had no update on a release date at all.

Thanks!

Must say I am puzzled with the Mystique delay, I mean it's really difficult to avoid seamless bodies getting dye transfer from clothing so you would think that dyeing one blue wouldn't be that hard to achieve,anyway she's a must have so whoever can get her out first is likely to get my cash.

Beast is another must have, really looking forward to some news, same goes for the DoFP Iceman and Storm, even though I have the excellent Figuremasters Storm I think I'd still by the 5 star version.

Must say I am puzzled with the Mystique delay, I mean it's really difficult to avoid seamless bodies getting dye transfer from clothing so you would think that dyeing one blue wouldn't be that hard to achieve,anyway she's a must have so whoever can get her out first is likely to get my cash.

Beast is another must have, really looking forward to some news, same goes for the DoFP Iceman and Storm, even though I have the excellent Figuremasters Storm I think I'd still by the 5 star version.

Seamless bodies are not a walk in the park. Unless they are collaborating with an existing company like TBLeague/Phicen or Jiaou Doll, they aren't going to be able to develop one themselves without some difficulty. TBL went through a lot of growing pains to get it right. The texture may be an issue as well, even if there is a partnership, since it would require new molds. I don't think the color is the issue here. TBL has already done white, light blue and red.

Seamless bodies are not a walk in the park. Unless they are collaborating with an existing company like TBLeague/Phicen or Jiaou Doll, they aren't going to be able to develop one themselves without some difficulty. TBL went through a lot of growing pains to get it right. The texture may be an issue as well, even if there is a partnership, since it would require new molds. I don't think the color is the issue here. TBL has already done white, light blue and red.

Figuremasters are also doing a jlawrence mystique and are also testing the body last i heard the paint was coming off from the detailed scales after a few months, which makes me think would a jointed body of just a statue be easier, my worry is after a few years im just gunna be left with a head arms and feet on a metal frame 😱

Got an email this morning saying suppliers are expecting five stars storm in the next month or so... But I'll believe it when i see it.

Frasier Beast........

Attachments

• 20190225_211548.jpg
    20190225_211548.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 248
  • 20190225_211736.jpg
    20190225_211736.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 246
  • 20190225_211641.jpg
    20190225_211641.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 249
  • 20190225_212054.jpg