1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can thank Phicen for the sculpt.
phicen.jpg

Rogue costume is a private commission. I'm getting two of the Jim Lee style outfits done, because I had two similar heads done with slightly different hairstyles. The one I posted first is the "animated" look. The one next to Gambit is more of a Sideshow Premium Format look. The third is completely different and will be used for Savage Land version. I'll do everything on that one myself.

This is the second Rogue head.
View attachment 339449

I would sell my first unborn child for that sculpt.

I would sell my first unborn child for that sculpt.
Id do the same for the jim lee cyclops sculpt shown a couple of pages back.

Unfortunately the seller only offers the sculpt as part of the full figure set which I can't afford :(

I know there's a Last Stand Beast in the works, but I'm still hoping there's a First Class version being developed.

I'm sure both would look great, but the First Class costume just pops for me a bit more.

0546C7DB-0B99-4CC2-B8D2-13155C225CA4.jpg

I thought Beast in X3 was probably the best thing in the movie, with a cool, self enclosed plot arc. He really channelled Hank McCoy. Hoult still lacks the gravitas and love of word play. He feels too hesitant to me.

I thought that was more about the script and his character during that time of his life.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

X3 Beast nailed character's personality.
FC Beast nailed character's looks.

99% we won't get any.

I thought that was more about the script and his character during that time of his life.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Admittedly in Apocalypse his character is only about 40, and opposed to late fifties in X3 but there seems to be a big leap to get from Hoult to Grammar in a rapidly reducing time frame. Are we supposed to believe that Hank has spent 20 years pining for Mystique? Surely a good looking smart-alec could pull the local librarian at some point during that time? It will be interesting if they move the characters more towards the personalities from the first trilogy. I'd love to see Lawrence play Mystique with cocky self-confidence. Presumably Jean has to go away to medical school.

Grammer Beast for the win. He was/is my favorite X-Men. He's the smartest guy in the room, and he's stronger than Wolverine. I thought it was stupid he, of all the X-Men, didn't survive into the future for that DOFP movie. Hoult's Beast comes across as a bit of a bumbling, insecure not-wit, which he never was, even in the early comics.

Grammer Beast for the win. He was/is my favorite X-Men. He's the smartest guy in the room, and he's stronger than Wolverine. I thought it was stupid he, of all the X-Men, didn't survive into the future for that DOFP movie. Hoult's Beast comes across as a bit of a bumbling, insecure not-wit, which he never was, even in the early comics.

But mostly the voice. Kelsey Grammer has been the voice I hear in my head when I read beast comics for like the past decade -- it's perfect.

I do need to do a rewatch. I usually leave out first class and wolverine origins just because the continuity errors wind me up too much. Grammer 's voice was perfect but also his vocabulary. I don't recall Hoult's dialogue being anything other than ordinary. He needs to be more verbose.

View attachment 339011
Here is my custom Rogue wip. It's a Phicen Sunny head with a slight repaint to make eyes brown, eyebrows darker and lips plumper. Still needs more work to make her more An a I think. Kudos to Shane Poole's skill with the hair though. she is looking great!
I can't find the head used for this anywhere
can anyone help?

Back