G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Mutt & Junkyard along with Metal Head will be going up for pre-order on Halloween, also back to the window packaging!

Photo courtesy of Classic Toys UK.

Attachments

• IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0
I've never liked Metal Head despite me being a metalhead, the idea of a guy running around the battlefield with an awkward rocket launcher strapped to his back and legs just looks stupid.
But.... Looking at pics, it might be possible to use it as a rocket pack setup.... I kinda like the design now.

I've never liked Metal Head despite me being a metalhead, the idea of a guy running around the battlefield with an awkward rocket launcher strapped to his back and legs just looks stupid.
But.... Looking at pics, it might be possible to use it as a rocket pack setup.... I kinda like the design now.
I loved the Iron Grenadiers troop builder as well as IG Destro. I even had the Despoiler and the DEMON as a kid. Metal-Head came along a while after I stopped collecting.
That being said, I’m all about this guy joining Classified. He looks just 🦇 💩 insane and I love it! The bulk of my collection is getting the figures I had as a kid but I’ve made some exceptions like the Alley Viper, Range-Viper and Big Ben while passing on the likes of Kamakura and Nunchuck.

I loved the Iron Grenadiers troop builder as well as IG Destro. I even had the Despoiler and the DEMON as a kid. Metal-Head came along a while after I stopped collecting.
That being said, I’m all about this guy joining Classified. He looks just 🦇 💩 insane and I love it! The bulk of my collection is getting the figures I had as a kid but I’ve made some exceptions like the Alley Viper, Range-Viper and Big Ben while passing on the likes of Kamakura and Nunchuck.
Metal-Head is one of those exceptions for me. Had never seen or heard of that character but he looks so cool and outrageous, that I must order!

Doing the same. Have Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Low Light, Firefly, three alley vipers, buncha vipers and Baroness, like I did as a kid. Just need them tk make Hardball and Deep Six, then have all the ones I had when younger.

Be cool of they did a Jungle Viper as well, was one of the newer figures I liked

Doing the same. Have Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Low Light, Firefly, three alley vipers, buncha vipers and Baroness, like I did as a kid. Just need them tk make Hardball and Deep Six, then have all the ones I had when younger.

Be cool of they did a Jungle Viper as well, was one of the newer figures I liked
That's a problem if I was doing the same, I had just about all of them before '89. :lol Except for the figures that come with the Dragonfly, I'm already keeping up with that goal. I still need Shipwreck, regular Tunnel Rat, regular Bazooka, and a couple others but, I can get them easily, not so with the Dragonfly figs.

s-l1600.png

s-l1600 (7).jpg

So I got both these sets on clearance years and years ago at KayBee. ( I think I got both sets for like 8 bucks plus tax) I don't have it anymore, I'm pretty sure I just gave away the parts over the years.
But the beer bottles, grill, cases of beer, etc, I thought about it, and that would be an interesting dio backdrop for Chuckles. Or pretty much any Joe set up.

Just some thoughts.

Never bought the McKenzie Bros even though I was a fan of Strange Brew, don't know why. Maybe if they came with the dog wearing a cape. :lol
I should look into eventually picking them up.

I got the latest batch of figures in for the year. Happy to report that there wasn’t any QC issues with any of them. I also picked up some sweet custom add-ons for the Cobra Flight Pod.
All that’s left for 2023 is the HISS, General Hawk, Shockwave, Ripper and Helix. I’m thinking of canceling my HISS Fire Team for space and cost, at least for a while, since they haven’t sold out.

Attachments

• IMG_2115.jpeg
    IMG_2115.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hey Joe.
What vehicle is that behind Shooter? Is it that New Bright 1/12 ATV radio control?

I got the latest batch of figures in for the year. Happy to report that there wasn’t any QC issues with any of them. I also picked up some sweet custom add-ons for the Cobra Flight Pod.
All that’s left for 2023 is the HISS, General Hawk, Shockwave, Ripper and Helix. I’m thinking of canceling my HISS Fire Team for space and cost, at least for a while, since they haven’t sold out.

The contrails on the Flight Pod looks awesome.

Looking at your photos, the red version of the Crimson Twins, IMHO, I think they look better that way versus the classic blue/silver look. I wish they came with more guns obviously.

I do wish Hasbro gave the classic Crimson Guard a much longer rifle with bayonet ( maybe a FN FAL/SLR like the SSC 12 inch Crimson) so someone could pose them at parade rest. Inclusion of the sword is pretty cool though.

Great looking squad you got there. Something I've observed while in more brick and mortars lately, and this also applies to Marvel Legends figures, that most stock production grade/promo photos don't really do the headsculpts justice. It's hard to translate that kind of detail into a photo maybe, but just looking up close at the store, the headsculpts are generally done really well. Maybe because I was out of the hobby so long, I just wasn't around for the progressive improvements in quality. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
Back