G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your email, I got an early processing notice on the Cobra EELS from Amazon, Mine should ship on Wednesday.
I really hate when companies promise a delivery date and then change it to a month early.

Check your email, I got an early processing notice on the Cobra EELS from Amazon, Mine should ship on Wednesday.
I really hate when companies promise a delivery date and then change it to a month early.
Usually it’s the 2 year estimate takes 3 so a little early is a nice change. Hasbro’s dates have been over estimating rather more and more lately.

Curious, anyone have pics of your Classified collection? I’m wondering how they are displayed. Looking for ideas. Thanks.
Here's some older pics from around February of my classified corner. It's pretty much the same setup now, just with more figures added.
PXL_20230204_070849680.jpg
PXL_20230204_070953923.jpg

The first EEL review:

I wish they made the backpack and spear RAH accurate, still looks great though!
I've contacted Gridiron Studios about making a RAH accurate Backpack and Speargun with an APS underwater rifle for these guys. If that sounds like a good idea, I suggest everyone do the same!

Well, my 6 EELS shipped from Amazon! So did my Retro CG from Walmart, and my Retro Snake Eyes from Pulse! When it rains it POURS!!! My wallet is drenched!
I had both Retros pre-ordered from Walmart but, they only sent the CG. Bird in the hand and all that, I decided to cancel my doop order of SE from Walmart. Kept both orders just in case Walmart canceled them, I'd at least get SE.

Though this is a little long, it's a good Eel Review:

Got my 2 eels early in the week and regret not getting another 4. I’ll be watching the restocks like a hawk now. The scuba figures have come out so well! Really hoping that the next Haslab is water themed since we have ground and air covered with the first two.

Got my 2 eels early in the week and regret not getting another 4. I’ll be watching the restocks like a hawk now. The scuba figures have come out so well! Really hoping that the next Haslab is water themed since we have ground and air covered with the first two.
What would they do, the Whale? Hydrofoil?

What would they do, the Whale? Hydrofoil?
Well, it’s Cobra’s turn next time. Not really thinking the Water moccasin would need to be a Haslab when the Fortnite boat was available at retail under $100. Might be a good opportunity for them to create a new vehicle. Something to deploy Eels, gather heavy water, and fend of Joes and sea worms of death.

Well, it’s Cobra’s turn next time. Not really thinking the Water moccasin would need to be a Haslab when the Fortnite boat was available at retail under $100. Might be a good opportunity for them to create a new vehicle. Something to deploy Eels, gather heavy water, and fend of Joes and sea worms of death.
what if they do a Dreadnok Haslab?
We have a Cobra HISS and the Joe Dragonfly....😇

Think hydrofoil would be a good bet, lots of unlocks comes with Lamprey… lots of weapons… just not sure it has the following… whale would also be a classic

That's describes the Hydro Sled. Though it wouldn't surprise me for Haslab to ask for $$$ for one, I think it should go to retail. Gives them a good excuse to re-release the popular EEL in a non-exclusive way. A new vehicle could be the sphere sub Baroness was in and the cartoon version hydro sled subs you see in that episode (I just watched it last night). Maybe three vehicles with the Cartoon version of the Shark (That version looks way cooler than the toy imo).
If they're going to stick to a theme, the Moray would be the next logical Haslab. The Swampfire or Water Moccasin are smaller and they did say that they wanted to make smaller, less expensive Haslabs in the future....
I had them all and I loved the Moray (btw it didn't float very well), I'd buy one for sure.

After that, continuing the theme the next vehicle would be a ground vehicle for the Joes, probably the Wolverine or Mobat. I'd prefer the APC or Mauler myself (never had a Mauler).

Last edited:
Based on them making the Eels an exclusive, I get the feeling they were a little hesitant with water based figures. Torpedo turned out amazing as did the Eels. So I’m hoping the repose to them shows that water figures are going to be very much in demand, maybe even more so than air based figures. There are only so many helicopters and jets you can display and the figures aren’t as front and center with those. Wild Weasel is probably the last air figure I would really need. But from Deepsix to the aforementioned scuba Baroness, there are plenty of fun water figures and vehicles we could see.

I mean look at this! How cool does this look and that’s just 7 figures!

I think they really ought to lean into those big Sunbow arcs/events and give us a Mass Device and Weather Dominator themed figures and, more importantly, the devices to go with them. I wonder if those could be retail or pulse/fanmazon exclusives or if they’d need to be Haslabs? Would expect either to scale they were in the episodes but they could still be rather large.

I've come to a theory that kids gravitated to one theme or the other with RAH. You preferred the water, the snow, the air, or the ground themes as a kid. Because I grew up in Southern California with very few trips to the snow and mountains; more tips to the seashore/Catalina island/ocean fishing and a swimming pool that my Grandparents had, I've always preferred water themed characters and vehicles. So I'm more on board with any water themed stuff.
I love the Air vehicles but because they take up so much room, they'll have to be small for me to buy. I think the only large air vehicle I'd be tempted by is the Rattler. A Classified scale Weather Dominator or Mass Device is interesting. It would be a good idea to make Cartoon version of characters to go along with them to make the purchase more enticing. If they weren't that expensive, I'd buy.
I hope they make the orange Joes & red Cobras scuba versions with a couple of switch out character heads included for mass retail. I'll buy multiples!

A sub preference would be preferring the green Army men with a more realistic military aesthetic, the mix of bright over the top & military characters at the height of RAH popularity or, the neon and ninja crap at the end.

Just noticed that g.i.joe_classified guy on Instagram has a modified Torpedo in that awesome display! I've been thinking of doing that myself with paint removal from the legs then dyeing the rest black. Looks awesome! It'd be better for Hasbro to just release that on it's own but, it's a look that is so simple that it's unappealing for the Classified team.

The one small vehicle I am hoping Hasbro makes (and at retail, not HasLab) is the Skyhawk. Loved those as a kid, I think I had 3, but they were smaller and cheaper then. Oh and the AWE striker.

I got a bunch of damn slimy EELS in the house!
Classified Cobra EELs 001.jpg

The helmets are a b!tch to put on right. I found I had to remove the heads, heat the helmet until soft, then push the head inside with a butter knife pressing on the chin to get the eyes lined up right. The paint on the helmets could be a bit better, a little black overspray and missing grey paint. All the spear guns were warped out of the box, the plastic is just too soft. I would be disappointed by the lack of guns if I wasn't sure they'd come out like wet noodles. I have plenty of guns available. Only one of the dudes has wonky eye paint, the others look great!
Anthanatos announced on Instagram they're making underwater rifles showing the APS & BR18 assault rifle (can fire after being submerged). Gridiron is also making an EEL Loadout.

My final two EELs arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back