G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend going to Timewalker and checking out all the cool Hot Toys and Sideshow statues but I don't think they allow walk in's anymore. Call them and find out.

Timewalker is only taking appointments at the moment while they expand their shop and redesign the layout. I picked up a couple of 1/12 Pocket Cosmos pieces a few weeks ago to build on my Classified collection. I even checked out the comic store a few doors down and they don't carry GIJOE figures.

I went to a Target in Johnson County and on State Line Road. Both places have the figures...but...here's the kicker...they won't sell until 8/14. :)

Friday is going to suuuuuuuck!!!

Boy did I have a strange day. I spent most of the day helping clean out my great grandmother’s house as she’s needing to move to nursing care center. Everything from spackling nail holes in the wall, to moving couches and everything in between. The house is about 3 hours from home so when we’re done for the day I check to see if any not so close to home Targets have any Joes. One showed they had 7 Cobra Troopers. Score I thought! When I get there, an employee is literally on the phone with someone asking about them. She looks at the shelf tag and confirms this second location didn’t have any either and the stock number must be an error. So no chance of them looking in the back. Also confirms again they are stocking these in both the regular figure aisle and a special collectors end cap.

So I drive home empty handed and look up my local targets and find out they were busy today and had of course stocked them the day I’m out of town. A couple show 1 or 2 left in stock. I jump back in the car and start hitting them. No luck at the first. At the second, there’s an employee stocking the aisle. No cobras unfortunately but she was able to see another store did have them. I rush over there as they close in 20 minutes. When I get there I hear the 10 minute warning. I had checked out this target yesterday without luck but had an employee show me both stocking locations so I check them both. No luck. I’m getting ready to look for an employee to see if they might help one last customer before the end of the day.

As I look down the end of the figure aisle, across the way there is a stocking cart parked. I practically saw the rays from heaven shining down on them. There they were just sitting there. It was a surreal moment after so many strike outs. I rush over and clap the lot of them between my hand and beelined it to the self check out feeling that surely an employee would try and stop me or even tackle me to prevent me from getting them at long last. I make it to the checkout with so much as an actual look from a single employee and check out without any issues. I even took a few extra seconds and applied a circle coupon for $10 off $50 and left the store with not one but two employees thanking me for coming in and wishing me a good night. :lol

It felt like I pulled off an Ocean’s 11 style heist without raising the alarm. What a rush! Such a sad story for such an amazing feeling. These highs almost make up for the countless lows of empty handed disappointment. I haven’t had that feeling for a while as I’ve largely given up on finding figures at retail and just preorder everything online. I would have LOVED to have done that with this wave but we all know how that went. I guess I’ll appreciate these figures so much more than I probably would have had they been easily orderable. But toys just should not be this hard to get. I’m glad I can finally rest easy now until Baroness hits. I like to think I built up some good karma helping family out for the majority of the day but I sure didn’t just blindly luck into them either.

The one true blessing in all of this fiasco of a wave is that each figure has their own unique DPCI number and that has at least made the hunting more strategic and calculated and less blind bumbling luck. I can only hope more figures get that unique treatment and make them easier to track them instead of having one product number for the line in general.

Boy did I have a strange day. I spent most of the day helping clean out my great grandmother?s house as she?s needing to move to nursing care center. Everything from spackling nail holes in the wall, to moving couches and everything in between. The house is about 3 hours from home so when we?re done for the day I check to see if any not so close to home Targets have any Joes. One showed they had 7 Cobra Troopers. Score I thought! When I get there, an employee is literally on the phone with someone asking about them. She looks at the shelf tag and confirms this second location didn?t have any either and the stock number must be an error. So no chance of them looking in the back. Also confirms again they are stocking these in both the regular figure aisle and a special collectors end cap.

So I drive home empty handed and look up my local targets and find out they were busy today and had of course stocked them the day I?m out of town. A couple show 1 or 2 left in stock. I jump back in the car and start hitting them. No luck at the first. At the second, there?s an employee stocking the aisle. No cobras unfortunately but she was able to see another store did have them. I rush over there as they close in 20 minutes. When I get there I hear the 10 minute warning. I had checked out this target yesterday without luck but had an employee show me both stocking locations so I check them both. No luck. I?m getting ready to look for an employee to see if they might help one last customer before the end of the day.

As I look down the end of the figure aisle, across the way there is a stocking cart parked. I practically saw the rays from heaven shining down on them. There they were just sitting there. It was a surreal moment after so many strike outs. I rush over and clap the lot of them between my hand and beelined it to the self check out feeling that surely an employee would try and stop me or even tackle me to prevent me from getting them at long last. I make it to the checkout with so much as an actual look from a single employee and check out without any issues. I even took a few extra seconds and applied a circle coupon for $10 off $50 and left the store with not one but two employees thanking me for coming in and wishing me a good night. :lol

It felt like I pulled off an Ocean?s 11 style heist without raising the alarm. What a rush! Such a sad story for such an amazing feeling. These highs almost make up for the countless lows of empty handed disappointment. I haven?t had that feeling for a while as I?ve largely given up on finding figures at retail and just preorder everything online. I would have LOVED to have done that with this wave but we all know how that went. I guess I?ll appreciate these figures so much more than I probably would have had they been easily orderable. But toys just should not be this hard to get. I?m glad I can finally rest easy now until Baroness hits. I like to think I built up some good karma helping family out for the majority of the day but I sure didn?t just blindly luck into them either.

The one true blessing in all of this fiasco of a wave is that each figure has their own unique DPCI number and that has at least made the hunting more strategic and calculated and less blind bumbling luck. I can only hope more figures get that unique treatment and make them easier to track them instead of having one product number for the line in general.

THIS is amazing. Congratulations. Those Cobra Troopers are some of the best figures I've seen in a while. Can't wait for the next wave and maybe some Vipers

If anyone happens to stockpile cobra troopers and is willing to sell to me two cost plus an extra few bucks for your troubles, please let me know.

As we all know, these have been a pain to find and I as well get the runaround from target employees. Not their fault as they are doing their job, but I think Hasbro and Target?s miscommunication has complicated people being able to find these.

Last edited:
Found Cobra Island Roadblock at my local Target. They had at least 6 in stock, 1 Beach Head remaining, 1 Duke, 1 Scarlett, and 1 wave 1 Roadblock. First wave 1 restock I’ve seen in my area. Still waiting for my Snake Eyes and Destro that have been in USPS limbo.

Edit: Unrelated, but also found Gwen Stacey from the new Spider-Man ML line. Too good looking of a figure to pass on.

Anyone planning on getting the Articulated Icons second release Red Ninja?
I have a couple of the other types and they're close to GI Joe scale (just thinking these Ninja are a bunch of short guys) and I'd love to add the Red ones but I just can't pull the trigger at the $40 price tag.

Marauders series#2 1/12 weapons just went live on the site for some Classied Joe weapons replacements.

https://www.marauderinc.com/category-s/2088.htm

I bought them! Marauder's has been around for a LOOONG TIME. Last time I bought a weapons pack from them was back in the ol' JvC/Spytroops/VvV/25th Ann. days! Great guys and awesome work!

I'll be on the hunt for these on Friday. A Target I swung by today actually had "8/14" written on all the little barcode tags on them.

Boy did I have a strange day. I spent most of the day helping clean out my great grandmother’s house as she’s needing to move to nursing care center. Everything from spackling nail holes in the wall, to moving couches and everything in between. The house is about 3 hours from home so when we’re done for the day I check to see if any not so close to home Targets have any Joes. One showed they had 7 Cobra Troopers. Score I thought! When I get there, an employee is literally on the phone with someone asking about them. She looks at the shelf tag and confirms this second location didn’t have any either and the stock number must be an error. So no chance of them looking in the back. Also confirms again they are stocking these in both the regular figure aisle and a special collectors end cap.

So I drive home empty handed and look up my local targets and find out they were busy today and had of course stocked them the day I’m out of town. A couple show 1 or 2 left in stock. I jump back in the car and start hitting them. No luck at the first. At the second, there’s an employee stocking the aisle. No cobras unfortunately but she was able to see another store did have them. I rush over there as they close in 20 minutes. When I get there I hear the 10 minute warning. I had checked out this target yesterday without luck but had an employee show me both stocking locations so I check them both. No luck. I’m getting ready to look for an employee to see if they might help one last customer before the end of the day.

It felt like I pulled off an Ocean’s 11 style heist without raising the alarm. What a rush! Such a sad story for such an amazing feeling. These highs almost make up for the countless lows of empty handed disappointment. I haven’t had that feeling for a while as I’ve largely given up on finding figures at retail and just preorder everything online. I would have LOVED to have done that with this wave but we all know how that went. I guess I’ll appreciate these figures so much more than I probably would have had they been easily orderable. But toys just should not be this hard to get. I’m glad I can finally rest easy now until Baroness hits. I like to think I built up some good karma helping family out for the majority of the day but I sure didn’t just blindly luck into them either.

I had a feeling they might be out before Friday..your story confirms I should check out my Targets before this Friday because come Friday I might be too late.

Also..did you find any Baroness in the process ?

No and I really haven’t heard of anyone finding her yet. I’ll be surprised if she’s available anywhere by the 14th (at least in any decent numbers). I don’t think she’ll be as hard to find based on how the ML Legendary Riders sell. She’s going to be more desirable than most of those, but she’s not exact an army builder either so that helps.

It appears to be completely random if stores are sticking to the street date or not. The registers have zero problem selling them so the challenge is just getting them in your hands. Once you can achieve that, you’re golden. I’ve read that having them call the guest services number will confirm the street date has been lifted and that can help convince them if they are sticking to the street date. When asking for help be nothing but kind and patient and they will be so much more willing to help you. Playing a little helpless and dumb has also worked for me. The two stocking locations is a great opener. The scanners will list the locations and the figure isle is easy enough to read but the end caps aren’t marked as well. Asking about where that second location is your ticket to get them to check the back once they realize they’ve got two empty shelf locations. They only have the street date excuse to fall back on then and then it’s 50/50 if they’ll budge. Luckily the one time I got them to pull a Beachhead from the back they knew the street date was a mistake and chalked it up to a COVID mistake that someone didn’t get around to fixing. Funny how some take it so seriously and some realize the absurdity of it. I was sure to leave that employee a shout out on the receipt survey. It always helps to return the favor.

No and I really haven’t heard of anyone finding her yet. I’ll be surprised if she’s available anywhere by the 14th (at least in any decent numbers). I don’t think she’ll be as hard to find based on how the ML Legendary Riders sell. She’s going to be more desirable than most of those, but she’s not exact an army builder either so that helps.

It appears to be completely random if stores are sticking to the street date or not. The registers have zero problem selling them so the challenge is just getting them in your hands. Once you can achieve that, you’re golden. I’ve read that having them call the guest services number will confirm the street date has been lifted and that can help convince them if they are sticking to the street date. When asking for help be nothing but kind and patient and they will be so much more willing to help you. Playing a little helpless and dumb has also worked for me. The two stocking locations is a great opener. The scanners will list the locations and the figure isle is easy enough to read but the end caps aren’t marked as well. Asking about where that second location is your ticket to get them to check the back once they realize they’ve got two empty shelf locations. They only have the street date excuse to fall back on then and then it’s 50/50 if they’ll budge. Luckily the one time I got them to pull a Beachhead from the back they knew the street date was a mistake and chalked it up to a COVID mistake that someone didn’t get around to fixing. Funny how some take it so seriously and some realize the absurdity of it. I was sure to leave that employee a shout out on the receipt survey. It always helps to return the favor.

Glad you got Beachhead!

I'm part of the G.I. Joe Classified Series Facebook group and there's a lot of stories about the "Street Date vs. Target Employees". Some Target employees are fine with selling them, other stories sound like collectors getting a little confrontation with the employees and calling Corporate in their faces.

Overall, it's just been poorly handled all-around. Hopefully there's enough that becomes available on the 14th for everyone.

Unless the website has massive amounts and measures in place to stop bots, I suspect Friday will be as disappointing as the first day. This whole thing has been a fiasco. Hopefully both Target and Hasbro realize that and stick to preorders like Starboost Iron Man. Zero fuss there. Plenty made. Same with White Widow. I think the fact Hasbro underestimated demand for wave 1 what is causing the problem. There should have been a massive preorder window for a relaunch. The whole cloak and dagger thing with this series will frustrate collectors out of the line before it even really begins. All further proof Hasbro has no idea what they are doing or they would have known the demand for 6” Joes was high before they even announced the line officially. They really just seem to stumble into luck without really trying :lol

Anywho, apparently there is even a variant of Beach Head out there. One with brown eyes and one with blue eyes. I ended up with a brown eyes one, accurate to the cartoon. Blue eyes seems accurate to the mobile game. Why they thought that was a good idea? :lol So if anyone finds an extra blue eyes Wayne let me know!

I found a brown and blue eyed Beach Head quite by accident. There were five on the pegs and I grabbed two at random. Didn’t notice until my wife pointed it out a few days later. I wonder what the cause of the variant is? Factory screw-up? Which one is intentional? I’ll keep an eye out for more blue eyed Beach Heads since they seem to be less common and a few people are looking for them.

Another forum posted there’s also a variant of Destro that doesn’t have a circle on his head. Mine has the circle. Then there are Cobra Troopers with the skin around their eyes painted the same blue as their suit.

I managed to get both Destros by accident similarly. I found the circle Destro at Walmart and got the non circle version from an order with GameStop. I haven’t heard of the trooper variant, although it sounds more like an error.

This might sound crazy, and I apologize ahead of time if it's been brought up, but with the success of this line do you think there is a chance they might try to produce the USS Flagg playset as part of their kickstarterish Haslab division?

I managed to get both Destros by accident similarly. I found the circle Destro at Walmart and got the non circle version from an order with GameStop. I haven’t heard of the trooper variant, although it sounds more like an error.

The "circle" Destro is a weird running change...it looks fine and they already put lines along his mask? I wonder why Hasbro did that.

Blue eye and Brown eye Beachhead...geezus Hasbro. Maybe this is a factory misprint? Most media depicts him with brown/hazel eyes so that's likely the "correct" one.

I think COVID-19 obviously messed up a lot of the initial roll-out of this line and instead of holding up and "fixing" things (i.e. overall weird distribution of figures, strange running changes, floppy torso on Snake-eyes, etc.)..Hasbro just pumped everything out for the money. I don't blame them, I think they get a "pass" this time around because the line is awesome. But if these bungles continue, I think you might see people get frustrated and abandon the line.

This might sound crazy, and I apologize ahead of time if it's been brought up, but with the success of this line do you think there is a chance they might try to produce the USS Flagg playset as part of their kickstarterish Haslab division?

That is SUPER ambitious. I think the likelihood of this is basically NONE. The scale would be MUCH bigger than any other HASLAB offer and would probably be $800+, maybe even $1000 and I don't see folks putting out that kind of money. HASLAB's other big offerings were the Sentinel ~$350 and Unicron ~$600. I just don't see many Joe fans diving into a new 1/12th scale Flagg that could take up a whole bedroom floor.

Now ANOTHER SMALLER 1/12th Scale Joe or Cobra Vehicle as a HASLAB offer? I think that is more likely. I'd actually wager that you would see a 1/12th scale HISS Tank (as one of the "flagship" Cobra vehicles) as a HASLAB kick-starter. The HISS Tank is arguably the quintessential Cobra vehicle. Or some other "flagship" Joe vehicle, like a Rattler, HAVOC, Snow Cat, Skystriker or a Night Raven.

Back