G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only found the Cobra Island Roadblock and that's it.

There's been MASSIVE confusion on the Target Wave. Both Hasbro and Target F'ed it up. Target had a "shelf date" of 8/14, which apparently may have changed/set in confusion for their store employees. Target Corporate and Hasbro agreed to put the figures ON FLOOR SHELVES in late July but not all the Targets know that.

Lots of Cobra Island AND even Wave 2 (Cobra Commander, Red Ninja, etc.) popping up on the West Coast already. I'm on a couple of Joe groups and people are posting photos of their picks. Of course, people are grabbing lots of the Troopers for army building. I don't understand why Hasbro agreed to make this Wave 1.5 a Target Exclusive Wave...seems like a stupid decision unless Target paid them lots for it.

Don't worry everyone...I went ahead and overpaid for Beach Head and a trooper so with my luck there will be plenty on the shelf for everyone any day now. That's just the way my luck goes lol.

I made a list of the announced/released Joes and their corresponding numbers, for anyone interested:

00 - Snake Eyes (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
01 - Roadblock
02 - Snake Eyes
03 - Destro
04 - Duke
05 - Scarlett
06a - Cobra Commander
06b - Cobra Commander (Regal variant)
07 - Gung-Ho
08 - Red Ninja
09 - Supreme Leader Cobra (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
10 - Beach Head (Target exclusive)
11 - Cobra Island Roadblock (Target exclusive)
12 - Cobra Trooper (Target exclusive)
13 - Baroness w/C.O.I.L. (Target exclusive)
14 - Arctic Mission Storm Shadow (Amazon exclusive)
15 - Profit Director Destro

There's a visual checklist someone made that was circulating as well. I have it saved on my home PC but couldn't find it again with a quick Google search.

I made a list of the announced/released Joes and their corresponding numbers, for anyone interested:

00 - Snake Eyes (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
01 - Roadblock
02 - Snake Eyes
03 - Destro
04 - Duke
05 - Scarlett
06a - Cobra Commander
06b - Cobra Commander (Regal variant)
07 - Gung-Ho
08 - Red Ninja
09 - Supreme Leader Cobra (Hasbro Pulse exclusive)
10 - Beach Head (Target exclusive)
11 - Cobra Island Roadblock (Target exclusive)
12 - Cobra Trooper (Target exclusive)
13 - Baroness w/C.O.I.L. (Target exclusive)
14 - Arctic Mission Storm Shadow (Amazon exclusive)
15 - Profit Director Destro

LOL. I just made this list for myself the other day.

For you and anyone else, any guesses on who's #16-#20?

LOL. I just made this list for myself the other day.

For you and anyone else, any guesses on who's #16-#20?

I’m guessing:

Flint
Barbecue
Storm Shadow
Zartan
Cobra Viper

Not my personal favorite picks, just the ones I think are likely. There’s a possibility we’ll see a regular Baroness release and/or more variants. Only 15 figures announced and they’re already doing variants, three for Cobra Commander alone. Variant Storm Shadow before we’ve even seen the regular. Pretty crazy.

I’m guessing:

Flint
Barbecue
Storm Shadow
Zartan
Cobra Viper

Not my personal favorite picks, just the ones I think are likely. There’s a possibility we’ll see a regular Baroness release and/or more variants. Only 15 figures announced and they’re already doing variants, three for Cobra Commander alone. Variant Storm Shadow before we’ve even seen the regular. Pretty crazy.

Right on! I think the Cobra Viper would look so bad ass in 6" scale. The Vipers and the B.A.T.S. are the best army builders IMHO. The Baroness NEEDS to have a single release and hopefully will be painted like the one packed with the COIL.

I've heard rumors and leaks that Wave 3 will consist of:
Major Bludd
Barbeque
Zartan
Lady Jaye
Flint
If this is true this is the Wave that my pocketbook is looking forward to the most, since I'll buy doubles of Bludd, BBQ and Zartan to open up since I'm not a big fan of Flint and Lady Jaye.

I expect another Fan First Friday soon to not only announce Wave 3 officially, but to address the Target (and exclusives in particular) debacle.

Went out to a different Target to see what they had, didn't expect to find this there:
GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander 001.jpg

They didn't have any Red Ninja or any thing else, just the one CC figure.
I also asked an employ there about the excl. CI figures, they knew all about them from being asked multiple times, and said 8-14 is the street date, have to wait until then.

Went out to a different Target to see what they had, didn't expect to find this there:
View attachment 492606

They didn't have any Red Ninja or any thing else, just the one CC figure.
I also asked an employ there about the excl. CI figures, they knew all about them from being asked multiple times, and said 8-14 is the street date, have to wait until then.

Nice score! Not even a whiff of that figure in my area yet. Crazy that most online retailers have these listed as being months away and yet they're popping up in brick & mortar stores already.

Anyone have any advice on the best place to order wave 2 to get it the fastest? I generally pre-order through BBTS but their prices are getting out of hand and they seem to be getting their orders in much later than other retailers.

I like the deco on CC a lot more in person and prefer the dark blue color. I also love his crazy sci-fi Flintlock and Sword. Not a fan of the unusual cut of his jacket, that said, it doesn't get in the way of his hip articulation much at all. He can still sit, the coat tails are flexible and get out of the way. He has drop down hips but they don't move much. The double leg cut joints at the hip and top of his boots can get a bit out of whack with each other, but I still appreciate the extra articulation. The helmet, cape, gauntlet and boot deign look fantastic.
Now I need to find at least one Ninja.

GI Joe Classified Cobra Commander & Destro 001.jpg

FINALLY received my Hasbro Pulse exclusive Snake Eyes that I ordered many months ago. The packaging is top notch. I feel like there's a lot of value here for $40. Really, the whole line seems very fairly priced to me so far.

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

Saw CC , red ninjas and Gung Ho today...meh

In person they look boring . I don’t like the dull paint they used on CC..he looks so much better on the photos I’ve seen on the internet and social media for some reason.

BTW..they had 4 Red Ninjas at Target..he isn’t as rare as I thought :dunno

Damn. More plentiful than my area. Haven't seen all of wave 1 or any of wave 2. Their distribution on this one is a real crapshoot.

It's been uneven here. One Walmart had full stock, doubles of each, the Target across the street a couple weeks later only had a Roadblock and Scarlett. The weekend following the same Target had none. Today, a Walmart had one each of Duke, Roadblock and Snake Eyes. Almost bought SE, but decided to save for next Friday. The Target nearby just had the one CC that I bought. I've had good luck with pre ordering on Amazon so that's my go to.

Blue Springs. That was the only Joe figure they had, so now they'd have none.

Awesome, thank you. The Northland has had jack $h!t when it comes to Wave 2 or Cobra Island. Next Friday morning will be a nightmare for me I predict.
I have to go to Johnson County later today so I'll see what they have to offer on the Kansas side.

Awesome, thank you. The Northland has had jack $h!t when it comes to Wave 2 or Cobra Island. Next Friday morning will be a nightmare for me I predict.
I have to go to Johnson County later today so I'll see what they have to offer on the Kansas side.

I'd recommend going to Timewalker and checking out all the cool Hot Toys and Sideshow statues but I don't think they allow walk in's anymore. Call them and find out.

Back