G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harsh critiques! Although not entirely unfounded.

That 12" Sideshow line revitalized the GI Joe spirit in me. Ever since growing up, I've found that 3 3/4" quite boring and underwhelming probably because of the scale. I get it, you are kind of locked into that size you can do the vehicles, but I needed a Renaissance to get me interested in the Joe brand again and that line did it for me, despite some lackluster designs, truncated license time and missing some key characters. I think that's why I like Classified: New scale, great MODERN designs of familiar characters and a continuation of maybe my favorite fictional property.

Agreed. This is why I love the Classified line too. I'll keep my 12 inch Joe figures always if I can (I only have six in total now) but the new six inch Classified designs and modernization really has me excited. Plus I can collect many more Joes/Cobras as I know Hasbro will make more characters whereas Sideshow really should have done Scarlet, Tomax and Xamot at least before walking away from the line.

You never know, Sideshow could do a one-off and make a new ARAH-style v1 Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes to celebrate the 2021 movie. This would be enough for new 12 inch fans for an awesome desplay and pay a bit of love to Gi Joe again without having to redo the whole 12 inch line. Who knows. I'll be all about buying the Classified line from this point on though but I'd also grab a new V-1 Sideshow Strom Shadow if they ever make one again to go with my Camo one :wave

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s worth hunting for the Cobra Island exclusives this week , probably only see Roadblock in the wild :slap

Good points. I only kept six of my Sideshow Gi Joe 1/6 figures over the years. They are:

1)Baroness
2)Cobra Commander
3)Destro
4)Firefly
5)Zartan
6)Storm Shadow Camo

I got into the line way too late and only managed to pick up Zartan and Destro. Love them both and I will never part with them! To this day, Destro has some of the best accessories I've seen for 1/6 scale.

Try using Brickseek or Popfindr. It will save you some time and headaches.

At least in the Kansas City area, I can verify that both of those websites aren't even close to 100% accurate (as they admit they're not). But apparently, they're great in other regions, so the best of luck to you all.

Thanks but I can wait on Beachhead

I’m gunning for Trooper and Baroness

No worries. I have a feeling that Baroness won't be hitting until the 14th at the earliest. I haven't seen any on eBay and no one has identified any Targets with stock. I'm planning to stalk the website on the 14th to see if I can score one online. I'll probably be beaten by the bots though.

For those inquiring about my second Beach Head, my wife pointed out that one has blue eyes and the other brown. Not sure which one I want to keep now. The promo images show blue eyes but his eyes appeared brown in the original show. Weird.

Hmm. That is odd. I'd still take whichever you decide to sell, if any.

My third GI Joe figure arrived today - Destro!

Every figure so far has smashed it, I love this line!

f07b72478a2f749df1900d0da218afd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. This is why I love the Classified line too. I'll keep my 12 inch Joe figures always if I can (I only have six in total now) but the new six inch Classified designs and modernization really has me excited. Plus I can collect many more Joes/Cobras as I know Hasbro will make more characters whereas Sideshow really should have done Scarlet, Tomax and Xamot at least before walking away from the line.

You never know, Sideshow could do a one-off and make a new ARAH-style v1 Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes to celebrate the 2021 movie. This would be enough for new 12 inch fans for an awesome desplay and pay a bit of love to Gi Joe again without having to redo the whole 12 inch line. Who knows. I'll be all about buying the Classified line from this point on though but I'd also grab a new V-1 Sideshow Strom Shadow if they ever make one again to go with my Camo one :wave

I think Sideshow's G.I. Joe license from Hasbro is gone and to be honest, I don't see them going back to it.

You can hold out hope for Hot Toys though. They did an awesome G.I. Joe Retaliation Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I got them back then but have since sold them.

One thing I will note and HOPE for...is that Hasbro does NOT screw up their G.I. Joe Classified line with the Snake-Eyes 2021 movie. They need to keep them DISTINCTLY SEPARATE and ensure that the card art/box shows that and that they are releasing the traditional Classified Series figures alongside the Snake Eyes movie stuff.

That is what happened with the "Rise of Cobra" movie and essentially led to the end of the 25th Anniversary line and the inevitable end of the most recent G.I. Joe toyline. Hasbro bled the 25th Anniversary line into the "Rise of Cobra" line, followed by the "Pursuit of Cobra" line and then "Retaliation". "Renegades" was also blended there but where was this show even available to watch? It was very confusing, similar to their "G.I. Joe RESOLUTE" mini-show. They released some cool figures here-and-there, but it wasn't the same (combine that with the fact that the movies were crap...Retaliation was a little better but still..Hasbro tanked G.I. Joe). I don't think the RAH fans were buying up much of the movie stuff as they wanted to stick to the "traditional" incarnations of the figures (with the exception of "masked" characters like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, etc.).

I think Sideshow's G.I. Joe license from Hasbro is gone and to be honest, I don't see them going back to it.

You can hold out hope for Hot Toys though. They did an awesome G.I. Joe Retaliation Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I got them back then but have since sold them.

One thing I will note and HOPE for...is that Hasbro does NOT screw up their G.I. Joe Classified line with the Snake-Eyes 2021 movie. They need to keep them DISTINCTLY SEPARATE and ensure that the card art/box shows that and that they are releasing the traditional Classified Series figures alongside the Snake Eyes movie stuff.

That is what happened with the "Rise of Cobra" movie and essentially led to the end of the 25th Anniversary line and the inevitable end of the most recent G.I. Joe toyline. Hasbro bled the 25th Anniversary line into the "Rise of Cobra" line, followed by the "Pursuit of Cobra" line and then "Retaliation". "Renegades" was also blended there but where was this show even available to watch? It was very confusing, similar to their "G.I. Joe RESOLUTE" mini-show. They released some cool figures here-and-there, but it wasn't the same (combine that with the fact that the movies were crap...Retaliation was a little better but still..Hasbro tanked G.I. Joe). I don't think the RAH fans were buying up much of the movie stuff as they wanted to stick to the "traditional" incarnations of the figures (with the exception of "masked" characters like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, etc.).

I agree. No I was only referring to comic-style portrayals of GI Joe from Sideshow. I don't think what they did with the Joe line can ever be topped by them and to re-do the line would be nearly impossible as there are so many characters and it would be too time consuming. The six 12 inch Joes I have from Sideshow are stunning and not many are available on ebay which means a lot of people are holding them in their collections. I only meant that if Sideshow did go back, they should re-do Storm Shadow V-1 and Snake Eyes. I also doubt Sideshow has the Joe license now anyway. It was great while it lasted but now we have the new awesome CLASSIFIED LINE!!

As for Hasbro Joe Classified, I agree with what you're saying. Too much confusion years ago but now the Classified line has pulled me right back into collecting. As I've said before, I love the size, price, quality, modernization that's brought the Joes right into the 21st century, AND the happy-coincidence "corona-masks" on all the Cobras lol. The line is superior in quality to what we've seen before imo and with the launch of the video game as well, I'm looking forward to diving right in. Hasbro has done a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the rest of the line. BTW I see a lot of similarities in Sideshow's 12 inch Baroness and Hasbro's 6 inch figure. Both are beautiful designs imo. Now if only I could come by the Target exclusive in Canada but I guess I'll have to wait for a regular Baroness when Hasbro releases her, soon I hope... :)

Last edited:
It's amazing to see what Hasbro can do with their own license and pump out fantastic figures at the $20. I'm hoping we get Flint (my preferred "leader" Joe over Duke) in the next wave or two. I assume we'll be getting Hawk, Rock & Roll, Stalker, Dusty, and MAAAYBE Lady Jaye or Jinx in the next few waves for the Joe side. On Cobra we'll more than likely be seeing Firefly, Zartan, maaaybe Zarana, and probably another army-builder like a Crimson Guard.

Does anyone else here collect Hasbro's Marvel Legends? I wanted to get your perspective on seeing what Hasbro is capable of (i.e. the Classified Series) and compare that to the CONSTANT re-use of the same body molds on the Marvel Legends side-of-the-house. How do you all feel about that?

I'm sure we'll inevitably see re-used parts for the Classified Line, but I don't think to the extent of Marvel Legends!

They’ve already used a lot of unique parts and the released Joes so far mostly have different proportions, which really sets them apart and makes them unique. Hopefully that trend continues and we see a lot of unique figures.

Back