First Look at Elm Street Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mistake that most horror films make, is that you dislike the victims so much that you don't care if they live or die.
If they don't want the hero to be Freddy, they need well developed characters like the original.

No, its just that people see these movies to watch people die in creative ways. Thats the whole point. So a lot of people root for the villain.

The mistake that most horror films make, is that you dislike the victims so much that you don't care if they live or die.

So true!

I would also like to see Freddy developed a bit more. I want to hate and fear him, you know what I mean? Fred Kruger has so much potential. Written correctly he could absolute evil incarnate.

No, its just that people see these movies to watch people die in creative ways. Thats the whole point. So a lot of people root for the villain.

Then it's not really a horror.

Look at Halloween, Michael Myers is a cool psycho character, but you still care about Jamie lee curtis

Only "MTV generation, instant gratification, cant focus for more than 10 minutes douches" just watch to see that.

Bingo. In addition, they also pretty much "end" the old era/franchise for good. In other words,from now on the only "Halloween" entries we will see will be a continuation of Rob Zombie's re-boot. Same with Friday the 13th. Which is sad considering I don't want to see a movie where every other word is a profanity and there are graphic depictions of rape, and everyone is naked all the time. I know the older films had the naughty bits in them, but the new F13 and Halloween by Rob Zombie cannot be watched by my kids, who are fans of these particular boogey men. Its too heavy for them, and I personally find them too heavy for me. It is possible to make a good horror film without appealing to the most extreme crowd, and still have the gore score and body count.

Besides, when you remake movies that just aren't that old to begin with, you not only end the old "mythos" for good, you change the characters to the point that they aren't the same anymore, even thoguh you use the exact same story. I don't know how I feel about Robert Englund no longer being "Freddy". The first film scared the crap out of me, and he was really scary in it.

I never thought I'd see the day when a film that came out when I was in high school was now considered old enough to be a "classic" and in need of a re-launch. Who knows, maybe it will be good.

From what Latino review said, he may be a man falsely accused of any wrongdoing. Ala Peter Cushing's Grimsdyke character from the original Tales from the Crypt movie. He was just a nice old guy that people lied on. Then they drove him to hang himself. he came back as a very pissed off ghost/zombie. To me, that would be an angle I would like.

One of my relatives was molested as a kid, and I gotta tell you, that leaves scars that never really heal all the way. Probably why the original Freddy was referred to as a serial child murderer and not pedophile.

Its just sad that there won't be any more films with Englund as Freddy, and that Michael Myers mask has changed to that ragged/jagged thing he wears now.:monkey2

Let's be honest. The remakes are no worse, and in my opinion a lot of times better that the sequels of the originals. People complain that remakes ruin the original. If that's true, so do the original sequels.

Let's be honest. The remakes are no worse, and in my opinion a lot of times better that the sequels of the originals. People complain that remakes ruin the original. If that's true, so do the original sequels.

Sequels do take away from the originals slightly, but honestly, they aren't trying to "remake" the original. For instance, while Psycho 3 and 4 suck they didn't leave me half as cold as the "re-make".

Sequels do take away from the originals slightly, but honestly, they aren't trying to "remake" the original. For instance, while Psycho 3 and 4 suck they didn't leave me half as cold as the "re-make".

Everyone involved with that Psycho remake should've been beaten to death for even attempting such a blasphemy.

Remaking a slasher flick is one thing, but one of Hitchcock's greatest masterpieces, and shot for shot no less? That took some big brass ones.

well, let's see what happens. not going in with high expectations, but will definitely still see it. love the series (except for #6 - freddy's dead) - first one and last one were scary, the rest were just fun. let's see...

Speak for yourself, aside from watching ANOES at the ripe age of 7 I was NEVER EVER even remotely scared of Freddy. Parts 2+ sucked massive balls imo. Friday 1-4 were decent, Halloween 1 & 2 good but the nightmare movies were just plain dumb.

In fact I will even go as far as saying that most everything "New Line" produced was or is near horrid. They even managed to make a worse Jason film than part 8 and thats AMAZINGLY hard to top.

But they did.

I gotta agree with you 100% hands down. Although I think as far as the Halloween movies go I'd include H20 as 2nd best Halloween film after the first.

if the rumors are true Jackie Earle Haley is in final talks as the new Freddy Krueger! also being cast is The Haunting in Connecticut's Kyle Gallner as Quentin (Johnny Depp's character in the original).

Back