First Look at Elm Street Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastichorror

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Take a look at www.latinoreview.com features a great video all about the Freddy franchise and a first look at the script for the new nightmare on elm street. Most entertaining 5 minutes if you're a Freddy fan!

Oh. Goody. Another senseless re-make. The first Elm Street was a classic of the genre. Even if it was a more modern release. By all means, lets do it "better".:rolleyes:

Hollywood really needs some people who can make up new crap like, SAW. Even thoguh its gruesome...its was pretty original in its concept.

No...i'd say this is a much needed remake. The last ANOS films sucked beyond repair.

So, I say, bring it on. I'd love another take on the Freddster.

I hope Jackie Earle Haley plays him. Even though he's already been a sexual pervert.

Possible Spoiler:

Looks sweet. I'm glad they're going to the child molester route again. He's much more scary that way. And I love the reboots. If that the way we get our favorite characters back on the big screen again so be it.

Possible Spoiler:

Looks sweet. I'm glad they're going to the child molester route again. He's much more scary that way. And I love the reboots. If that the way we get our favorite characters back on the big screen again so be it.

and they're scary again cause of how they make the killers more intense and pissed off and brutal in the remakes. Like they did with Jason and Leatherface.

No...i'd say this is a much needed remake. The last ANOS films sucked beyond repair.

I hope Jackie Earle Haley plays him. Even though he's already been a sexual pervert.

because the last ANOES sucked, the far superior original needs to be remade?

Ok . . .

I haven't seen a single horror remake in recent years that I thought was really necessary, or an improvement over the original (including the vastly over-rated, though admittedly half-way decent Dawn of the Dead re-do), but it doesn't hurt my feelings toward the original, and often makes for a worthwhile couple of hours watching, so. . .power to them. Remake 'em all, for all I care.

because the last ANOES sucked, the far superior original needs to be remade?

Ok . . .

Sorta. I mean, kinda like Batman Begins.

A restart of the series. I thought it worked for Friday the 13th, and Freddy is a great villain, and I want to see him again on the big screen.

I like wisecrackin funny Freddy, I just wish his kills were less lame and more brutal like somebody that has it in him to kill children. I don't want a non Englund Freddy though. Many have played Jason, but there will only ever be one Freddy to me.

I hope Haley passes , he got a home run with watchmen but if he does this it's going to destroy his career....

I haven't seen a single horror remake in recent years that I thought was really necessary, or an improvement over the original (including the vastly over-rated, though admittedly half-way decent Dawn of the Dead re-do), but it doesn't hurt my feelings toward the original, and often makes for a worthwhile couple of hours watching, so. . .power to them. Remake 'em all, for all I care.

Same ............... what the frig difference does it make? They're all cheap horror flicks the last time I checked.

Still i'll always be a fan of the originals.

the last???

how about ALL?:duh

I would love to see the Coen Brothers take on, say, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Woody Allen do a Friday the 13th. Neurotic Jason could be funny. . .

Yeah but the difference is, with specifically BB it was a BRAND NEW STORY. That's the thing: all these rehashes aren't adding anything new. They're simply reusing the same exact story.

Bingo. In addition, they also pretty much "end" the old era/franchise for good. In other words,from now on the only "Halloween" entries we will see will be a continuation of Rob Zombie's re-boot. Same with Friday the 13th. Which is sad considering I don't want to see a movie where every other word is a profanity and there are graphic depictions of rape, and everyone is naked all the time. I know the older films had the naughty bits in them, but the new F13 and Halloween by Rob Zombie cannot be watched by my kids, who are fans of these particular boogey men. Its too heavy for them, and I personally find them too heavy for me. It is possible to make a good horror film without appealing to the most extreme crowd, and still have the gore score and body count.

Besides, when you remake movies that just aren't that old to begin with, you not only end the old "mythos" for good, you change the characters to the point that they aren't the same anymore, even thoguh you use the exact same story. I don't know how I feel about Robert Englund no longer being "Freddy". The first film scared the crap out of me, and he was really scary in it.

I never thought I'd see the day when a film that came out when I was in high school was now considered old enough to be a "classic" and in need of a re-launch. Who knows, maybe it will be good.

From what Latino review said, he may be a man falsely accused of any wrongdoing. Ala Peter Cushing's Grimsdyke character from the original Tales from the Crypt movie. He was just a nice old guy that people lied on. Then they drove him to hang himself. he came back as a very pissed off ghost/zombie. To me, that would be an angle I would like.

One of my relatives was molested as a kid, and I gotta tell you, that leaves scars that never really heal all the way. Probably why the original Freddy was referred to as a serial child murderer and not pedophile.

Its just sad that there won't be any more films with Englund as Freddy, and that Michael Myers mask has changed to that ragged/jagged thing he wears now.:monkey2

Back