Final Fantasy XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you're talking about that teenage girl with the pink hair. I hear she has an australian accent but she's obviously a Japanese girl when it comes to mannerisms and gestures.

You've pretty much got it there but there's also one with the "Can't do" attitude. I think Sazh is probably the furthest from an anime character. The way his VA carries him out actually had me laughing a few times.

One thing that you guys should know is that the game isn't really 'open' to you during a large part of the beginning. The battles right at the beginning don't count count for anything at all except maybe small amounts of gil or item drops. Every option to enhance characters or battle strategies is limited to a certain point depending on where you're at. Expect to be stuck with the same weapon for a while as well because you barely get any gil to buy weapons from the shop and the items dropped by monsters aren't very sufficient for upgrading (which isn't available until much later as well).

I've actually run into battles in the game where I've had quite some difficulty. Some battles require you to change your strategy frequently via the Paradigm system, which I think is pretty cool because you get to open yourself up to more skills during play.

I'm still pretty 'early' on in the game and I'm enjoying it like crazy.

I actually think this game might be tailor made for me. I love RPG's but I hate the exploring part and I hate having to talk to a bunch of random people and get a bunch of useless information from them. So I think Square may have given me the perfect game. LOL! I pre-ordered my copy today and can't wait to play it. My favorite FF game and I know this will be like pissing in the fanboys cheerios but I loved 10. Thought the story was fantastic. Can't wait to play this one on Tuesday. :rock

True, but the PS3 version requires an install too, just not the same kind as on the 360. How big is the 360 install? Must be tremendous, but can't you just install one disc at a time?

I must make some room on my ps3 hard drive. Last I checked, I only had about 3 gigs left.

You don't have to install games on the Xbox, in some games it can make things load faster but in some it doesn't, most of the time the decreased loading time isn't worth the trouble.

Oh yeah, slipped of the tongue (or I guess the finger), I forgot because I've installed practically every 360 game I own.

Even so, After what I've heard about the game's performance on the 360, I'm sure most would prefer to install FFXIII.

Still, FFXIII is a game that should be played on the PS3. That's the only time I'll ever make such a console-bias statement, I think. Mainline 3D FF games belong on Sony consoles. Call me a traditionalist, but whatever.

True, but the PS3 version requires an install too, just not the same kind as on the 360. How big is the 360 install? Must be tremendous, but can't you just install one disc at a time?

I must make some room on my ps3 hard drive. Last I checked, I only had about 3 gigs left.

I hate the playstation. However, I will always play on the system that is going to give me the best experience regardless. This game I am all PS3.

Oh yeah, slipped of the tongue (or I guess the finger), I forgot because I've installed practically every 360 game I own.

Even so, After what I've heard about the game's performance on the 360, I'm sure most would prefer to install FFXIII.

Still, FFXIII is a game that should be played on the PS3. That's the only time I'll ever make such a console-bias statement, I think. Mainline 3D FF games belong on Sony consoles. Call me a traditionalist, but whatever.

Actually, the Xbox 360 version has a better framerate than the PS3 version, but it's rendering at a lower resolution (like Halo 3) and the cinematics are much more compressed.

But really, there are some games that run slower when installed to the Xbox hard drive.

Actually, the Xbox 360 version has a better framerate than the PS3 version, but it's rendering at a lower resolution (like Halo 3) and the cinematics are much more compressed.

But really, there are some games that run slower when installed to the Xbox hard drive.

In that case I'll take the better looking game over slightly more consistent framerate. But priorities are priorities. I'm sure most will enjoy FFXIII on whatever console they have to get it for.

I've heard that some games run slower installed, but is FFXIII one of those games? If not, and even if FFXIII runs exactly the same installed as from the disc, wouldn't it be recommendable to install it so the disk drive doesn't have to spin?

In that case I'll take the better looking game over slightly more consistent framerate. But priorities are priorities. I'm sure most will enjoy FFXIII on whatever console they have to get it for.

I've heard that some games run slower installed, but is FFXIII one of those games? If not, and even if FFXIII runs exactly the same installed as from the disc, wouldn't it be recommendable to install it so the disk drive doesn't have to spin?

I install games on mine for that reason, no spin and less noise and less heat.

I bet there's a list somewhere saying which game runs better when installed. I think some people install it so they don't have the disc drive so loud

I usually install games on my 360 that has lots of talking. The damn system is so loud! It's my only gripe on the 360. The PS3 is nice and quiet. Lets just say I'm glad the bluray player is in the PS3 and not the 360. :lol

Damn I can't wait for this game. Although I just started Mass Effect 2. So it will be interesting trying to find the time to play them both.

The Final Fantasy XIII install is only 500 kb and even then, you don't see it under Game Data.

Like, come on guys, I have the game and questions are allowed :D

Last edited:
IF i buy this, i'll be buying it for the PS3. even though i love my xbox much more, FF games have always been Sony... so Sony it will stay.

500kb?

Is it a Flash game?

I don't really know why it's so small but it is an indicator of how little is done with it. You're not prompted to install so I'm guessing it's just randomly accessed whenever it's needed. There are still "now loading" screens from time to time.

Or it's probably just a requirement and has nothing to do with installing. I've decided to take a break from playing. I get sooo addicted while I'm in the game sitting straight through 4 hours or more. The cutscenes in particular really draw my attention because of how fluid some of the movements are and for once we have proper mouth movements to fit the english voiceover.

One weird thing to note about the sound is that in some areas or battles, there's a lot of 'echoey' effects when it comes to voices or sound effects where there shouldn't be any.

Last edited:
Back