Figures that stood the test of time...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the ones I own, DX Jack Sparrow is my favorite. Red Skull was also pretty awesome... That Hugo Weaving sculpt will never be topped!

ETB_JACK_BAUER.jpg

Enterbay Jack Bauer. Second 1/6 figure I bought (SS Raiders Indy was the first). I signed up for this forum because of that figure. That was seven years ago. Still the best sculpt I've ever seen.

SnakeDoc

Original Kenner Star Wars 12" (minus Boba Fett). "Stood the test of time" and I see figures from less than 5 years ago here.. :slap

If you want to step back a few more years for HT, Space Adam made for Winson Ma from 2008 or version 2 Firefighters from 2009 (minus facial paint application, HT doesn't make anything half as good any more overall)

I'd love to have HT's Hellboy, but I also realize I'd have to replace the entire lower half of the body. I'm not sure anyone still has an original without plastic breakage (like with Spider-Man 3 - the only people I know who say they have no breakage are people lying or mistaken)

I have the 2 firefighters and the reason i picked them up is because i am a firefighter. I know what everything should be like so was not expecting much but i was stunned at how HT got everything right, it was like they took a fullsize outfit and just shrunk it. Very well done. HS are not the best but you can tell who they are supposed to be.

DX Jack Sparrow still my fav. everything from packaging, accessories, headsculpt, tailoring are just perfect. Likeliness still stand out until now

Used to own that. Looked even better wearing Subway season....8(?) clothes (brown leather jacket)

Yeah, I've seen pictures. The Medicom Season 5 ...

IMG_2263-1.jpg

and the Subway Ssn 8 stuff ...

24-5.png

both looked really good on the Enterbay. Never got around to getting either, though. Same goes for getting around to using an Enterbay David Palmer to make a Snake Doctor/ Jonas Blane from The Unit.

SnakeDoc

Definitely some of the older SSC figures have stood surprisingly well. For Hot Toys, I'd say DX Michael Jackson Thriller, and DX EtD Bruce Lee (from the ones not mentioned thus far). In both cases, you get several display options, excellent sculpt and paint, great tailoring, and although Bruce fans will debate sculpts till they're blue in the face, this one is surprisingly good.
HTThriller.jpg
HTThriller3.jpg
DXBruce.JPG

Definitely some of the older SSC figures have stood surprisingly well. For Hot Toys, I'd say DX Michael Jackson Thriller, and DX EtD Bruce Lee (from the ones not mentioned thus far). In both cases, you get several display options, excellent sculpt and paint, great tailoring, and although Bruce fans will debate sculpts till they're blue in the face, this one is surprisingly good.
View attachment 257077
View attachment 257078
View attachment 257079

Awesome choices man.

Too bad my Hellboy didn't stand the test of time though, neither did my Mars Attack Ambassador...
-----

Back