Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
twistedfreak said:
Les, you are amazing. Your work is top notch. You should be hired by SS. lol
That Joker and Batman are AWESOME!

Thanks TF. Very appreciated!
Just for that, here is a quick set of shots of my BATMAN 1939 set, as it is so far. Look for a Catwoman and some others added to it soon.

Batset1939001a.jpg

And a serious closeup of my 1939 Batman

BatmanrealCU1.jpg

Again, appreciated. :D

1939 Batman... Man I love that piece. Did you ever make a Bruce Wayne to go with it?

Figuremaster Les said:

Yeah. I've decided that I don't like you. Not one bit. :rolleyes:

Those are just beautiful. Miraculous work! Are those the original sculpted heads or did you recast them?

Is it ok for me to be jealous to the point of resentment? Anyway, that is an awesome pick Les. Got anymore of the Mr.Freeze? Is that a full custom or what??? Info, man, I need info.

ooh I love that Anakin evolution thing. I might have to try that at some point to go along with my resculpt Ep III version. Seriously good repaints there.

(along with every single other thing you do)

well done sir

King Darkness said:
Is it ok for me to be jealous to the point of resentment? Anyway, that is an awesome pick Les. Got anymore of the Mr.Freeze? Is that a full custom or what??? Info, man, I need info.

You kill me King! :lol Remember who has ALL the Jasons and Freddys! (I only got one of each! :D )

Yeah, that Mr. Freeze, Joker and Batman 1939 are all original customs. I took some weird 21st Century, bald general head and repainted him up for the Mr. Freeze. The costume took me four months to make. Lots of bits and pieces.
Here is a fun shot I did with Photoshop of him in action...

BOF015Agooddaytoyoutoo.jpg

And a face closeup...note the reflective eyes.

BOF004headCU.jpg

The Joker was a SS Phantom of the Opera that I resculpted into a Joker face, and added a purple zoot suit.

39Joker002a.jpg

The Batman, he was tough. I got a nice Dragon head (Wish I got two, or at least recast it first) and sculpted the Batman cowl right onto it with Magic Sculpt, two part epoxy putty, so Mikey, it is THE original! A one of a kind. The suit is a vastly reworked original Dr. Mego original, and I handmade the cape. Slowly. Glued wires into it and all. No sewing. Tiresome stuff. But, it came out. Made the belt and bits, and tried to capture what an original '39 style Batman would be, filtered though the notion of how he would be portrayed nowadays, but as an old Serial look (note the un-made-up style eyes) and went with it.

The Batman for this was actually an afterthought when I made the Dr. Death figure. I may post my full Figure-Foto-Action Batman Comic I did to display them better. You'd like that. Here's a page from it....

Batman1939p3.jpg

That's it. Working on more for that 1939 ongoing set. It's like a personal project.

Hunky Artist, thanks about the Anakin set. Would love to see someone else's set o' Anis! :D

BatmanrealCU1.jpg

I love this shot, Les. The eyes and mouth are amazingly life-like. Beautiful work!

OMG Les that is freakin awesome!!!!!! My jealousy has officially become resentment....Not really, but DAMN!!!!! I so wish I had stuff like this in my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOF004headCU.jpg

Les, you should seriously consider changing your name to FigureGOD. All others bow before you. Absolutely astonishing work.

decadentdave said:
Les, you should seriously consider changing your name to FigureGOD.

I'll secound that......and third it just for good measure!

i've been in awe of that Mr. Freeze since i saw it on ur site months ago. now all these others just blow my mind! u are the Wolverine of customizers. the best at what you do!!

Figuremaster Les said:
Thanks guys.

Speaking of ANAKINS....

Here is a shot of my set of THE EVOLUTION OF ANAKIN...

Anakinset1.jpg

Woww..Id love to own this set !!!! Grand Master Figure God Rules !!!!

Wow! I'd be scared to display the originals with sculpied parts. Sooo delicate.

Les, if you ever make a Penguin to go in this set, you need to put me in your will. :monkey3

Truly amazing work. I bow before you.

On a side note, seeing that Ep I Anakin has inspired me to do my own, Watto-style with added articulation etc. He'll go great with Qui-Gon and the Wattster.

Go for it Mikey! I was never motivated enough to make Lil Ani be all that mobile. You got a good Ep1 set going now. DO IT!

"FigureGOD!" :lol You guys! :rotfl

Thanks though. Always nice to get "good" feedback.

The evolution set looks wicked.
Episode 2 Anakin looks the best:D

Great batman custom by the way.

Figuremaster Les said:
Go for it Mikey! I was never motivated enough to make Lil Ani be all that mobile. You got a good Ep1 set going now. DO IT!

"FigureGOD!" :lol You guys! :rotfl

Thanks though. Always nice to get "good" feedback.

I think it'd be fun to do, and I'd like him to be able to sit in front of Watto or Qui-Gon. How did you dothe helmet? It looks great, but I don't remember him coming with the Podracing helmet....

Ditto on that Ep II Anakin. Superb repaint there. Figure"God" indeed.:cool:

Figuremaster Les said:
I wanna see that HT Supes when you can. Have you done the feet yet? Pjam? Have you??? C'mon man! It's not that hard. Ask GDB!
It's so easy...I gotta say this...A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT! :lol

Let's go P! You can do it!

Oh, Les...guess what I did today? And I have the scars to prove it! :lol

His shoulders are now higher than HT BB. Will take pics to show him off! Stay tuned....:D

Holy goodness, Les! That Freeze is UBER AMAZING! Wow. I love your custom work so much. And thanks for this pictures man! Rock on! :D

LES!!! That Boba is mine if you decide to sell it. Dibs on that :)

TOE said:
LES!!! That Boba is mine if you decide to sell it. Dibs on that :)

SELL! THAT Boba?

ARE YE MAD?!?!?! :D

But Thanks Toe.

I got that at a huge Toy con, The FX show in Orlando, like ten years back or so, whenever, and walked RIGHT BY JEREMY BULLOCH right after buying it! IT WAS A SIGN! I didn't think to get him to sign the box or it would be beyond all else...dummy me! But still...very little chance of ever selling it. It is one of my favorite top ten figures in my entire collection. It's that Japanese release Kenner tie in figure/model that came out years back. You'd probably know the "actual" Brand name, but it has this white ball for a head :lol , that I have thought about replacing with a Jango head and all. But not yet.
I repainted the heck out of it, and need to get some detailed photos. I tried to make him as ESB accurate as I could. I'll get shots soon.
Wicked version though. So, unless SS does a great Jedi version of him, I am settled for him now. For all time. Great figure out of box already. I think it has always been the one to beat. (Was expensive too, even back when I got it! Not sure what it goes for now...)

Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back