Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks BD.

Here are some more random 12" customs to ponder over...

A Billy Zane Phantom with Hot Toys body:
ZP001.jpg

My reworked Medi Rocketeer 1.0 and an original one of a kind Spy Smasher for a very special client...
IMG_0024.jpg

An in-progress 1927 silent movie NAPOLEON...
MyNap009.jpg

An original Professor Moriarty, for my Holmes set, made with the Sideshow Get Smart Chief figure...
P6060028.jpg

Ponder those while I gather more pics and things...

Very cool!!!!
Is Napoleon a reworked DML Adam figure/head? How did you do that Phantom uni? I have had the Phantom on the burner since the film came out but have never found an adequate outfit. Very, very cool stuff. And, I hope you're making enough Darkness for all of us. :D

....He is not called the freakin 'Grand Master for nothing !!!! love that phantom figure ,by the way.

Thank ya's all guys!

And Ironman, yup, dat's da Adam 12! As I call him...:D
He looks EXACTLY like the actor, Albert Dieudonne, that played Napoleon in that movie! Almost like Dragon modelled the Adam after him....dead on. All I had to do was paint and add hair.

More to come!
:monkey5

Your work kicks ass, which I'm sure you are quite aware of. I am honored to consider a man of your talents a friend and fellow Krusader!! Please, more pix!

More pix indeed!

Here I am purging some shots of older works, so bear with me.
This is my repainted SS Washington

Wash001.jpg

Here I show my original custom 12" POSABLE, (yes, he's posable under all that hand wrapped gauze...) Lon Chaney Jr. KHARIS! He's a fave!

Kharis004.jpg

Repainted Nosferatu with a clothing switch from the SSE figure. (I never did like him all burgandy...)

Nos006.jpg

And, one of my older works, from about ten years ago, back when I could SEE, before I needed glasses to do all this...
The wonderful 1/6 Artomic resin kit of Nosferatu...from way back before the SS edition...sculpted by Thomas Kuntz.

Nosferatu.jpg

That Mummy kicks ASS!!!!!! Absolutely awesome!!!! Like Shai has said before, you ARE the Grand Figure Master!!!! Love the Nos resin kit paint app. Under and around the eyes, and the eyes themselves, prove that you are a true professional!!!

Nosferatu.jpg

That kit Kicks ass !!!I think your one of the best at painting eyes..

Shai Hulud said:
That kit Kicks ass !!!I think your one of the best at painting eyes..

Indeed, Les is THE BEST, he is in a league of his own IMO! :D

Thanks guys.
Appreciated.

I just wish I had my own 30 year old (or younger!) eyes again!! No more looking through lenses! :lol

Here's that Nosferatu a tad closer up. This one's for you Shai! :D

NOScu.jpg

Figuremaster Les said:
Thanks guys.
Appreciated.

I just wish I had my own 30 year old (or younger!) eyes again!! No more looking through lenses! :lol

Here's that Nosferatu a tad closer up. This one's for you Shai! :D

NOScu.jpg

That is so life-like !

The paint job is absoulutly amazing.

Les, for the eyes do you use a pearl white for the white part or an eggshell white? It looks so natural.

decadentdave said:
Les, for the eyes do you use a pearl white for the white part or an eggshell white? It looks so natural.

I did that one over ten years back Dave, but on it I think I did a base white, I always do a base of pure white, and then some layers of silver mixed with clearcoat. Then painted the iris and then recoated with just clean clearcoat several times. Sometimes I then even run a slightly ruddy clear over that to gather in corners etc. On this it would have been a slightly purplish clear...slightly...

Any help? :D

Figuremaster Les said:
I did that one over ten years back Dave, but on it I think I did a base white, I always do a base of pure white, and then some layers of silver mixed with clearcoat. Then painted the iris and then recoated with just clean clearcoat several times. Sometimes I then even run a slightly ruddy clear over that to gather in corners etc. On this it would have been a slightly purplish clear...slightly...

Any help? :D

That's an interesting method, Les! I'm going to give it a try.

My method has been to paint the whole socket taupe, then do a little deep portrait pink at the edges, go over the eye in dirty white, then I daub a little pure white on the lower half. Then a touch of unbleached titanium at the corners. Basically, lots of differen shades of white applied individually, then the iris.

Mikey, I have been looking for taupe at the hobby store and they do not sell that specific color. What would be the best colors to mix to get a taupe shade? Is this just brown, white and black?

Here's my latest 12" custom, now in the hands of it's new owner, collector extrordinare, Bob Burns.
He's the Purple Monster from the 1945 Serial
The Purple Monster Strikes.

Bob met PM actor Roy Barcroft while this was filming, and this event, and the on-set experiences he had from there on, led to his enthusiasms for collecting movie memorabilia.

It is my honor to have been able to make this figure for this great collector!

PM10.jpg

Some closeups...(I did darken the PM hands once I saw the actual costume in person...never leave home without a paint kit!!!...just in case!)

PM3.jpg

PM5.jpg

PM8.jpg

What he looked like in the show for real...

PM1.jpg

And mine...

PM2.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back