Faramir PPO details + pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
If Josh says it's only OK, that means it's not good at all. I don't know what happened but at least from this pic, it looks nothing like Faramir.

This is the beginning of the realistic protoypes. Sideshow doesn't want to get our hopes up again only to dash them. This way when Faramir comes out we'll talk about how awesome the production piece is compared to the prototype.:D

I think it looks good. Anyone that doesn't like this figure want to order anyway and sell it to me later for retail? :monkey3 I need 2 volunteers :monkey3

TOE said:
I think it looks good. Anyone that doesn't like this figure want to order anyway and sell it to me later for retail? :monkey3 I need 2 volunteers :monkey3

....sure...but I must charge you a $150 dollr shipping fee...:monkey1

hmm.. He looks fine... Nothing extrodinary but ok...

I've still haven't decided if I'm gonna collect this line, have everything on pre-order, waiting for Aragorn to come and then decide the faith of the rest :)

Yeah. I don't think it looks like him either. I guess one reason it doesn't bother me so much is I love the movies but I really love the books. I don't need it to look like the character in the movies. My need with the LOTR line is for them to approximate what the characters could look like from the books. I realize this is not the case for everyone. It makes it easier for me to be forgiving when it comes to the likenesses in this line.

Maybe this really will be a case where the production piece looks better than the prototype.:)

Hmm, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at that picture.

And I think once everyone sees a wider range of angles on the face they'll be pleasantly surprised.

Darklord Dave said:
Hmm, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at that picture.

And I think once everyone sees a wider range of angles on the face they'll be pleasantly surprised.

You sound like a man of experience! :monkey3

Not seeing the likeness. The unpainted head (what was seen) looked like him. Look at that costume though!

I'm with Dave. I wanna see more angles before I say anything. Besides, IT'S FARAMIR!!!!!!!! Am I biased? You bet I am! I'm getting 2! Why? 'Cause he's the coolest character ever, that's why!

I've waited so long for this........
:blissy

I hope the exclusive isn't something important again like his cloak. If Faramir’s exclusive piece is another item that is essential to the character, I will most likely be dropping this entire line and sending my Aragorn exclusive to ebay. I can’t afford or want to buy direct anymore and pay 40 bucks for a cloak that should be a standard item in the first place.

I'm surprised a lot of you aren't seeing the likeness of the actor in the sculpt. It looks just fine to me, maybe a custom paintjob might help.Although honestly I think it's just the usual thing of Sideshow's photos not making the figures look as good as they really are.

Faramir_Compare.jpg

I made this image of the two faces side by side and have to say that I am actually quite impressed with the likeness from the Sideshow sculptor here. The nose, eyes, brows, and forehead are all pretty spot on. The whole head/face is a bit to ROUND and needs to be a bit longer in my opinion. But the biggest thing I think is the scruffage and paint. While the lighting is dark it is tough to make out details, but the REAL Faramir has SO much scruffage on his face (way more than Aragorn) and once again, I think the scruffage on this figure is too BEARD-like. But this is a major difficulty in these 12-Inch figures...capturing the 5 O'clock shadow...

All in all...a very good likeness in my opinion...at least when you compare to the real thing!

Geb

Aragorn was scruffy, Faramir has a beard. The beard looks fine, but as you can tell in the pics above, the face is too round and short.

I still want to see more pics and I will get him on order but keeping that order may be a different matter.

you can't tell anything from those pics regarding round face/long face. They're different angles taken with different lenses from different distances. The only way we'll be able to tell is to have one in hand and compare it to reference pics.

anyway, looks good to me so far (although I won't be getting it... i'm restricting myself to the characters and versions of characters i really like) :)

The roundness of the face was my first impression, Wenham has a much more long face and what would appear to be a bigger schnoz.

His eyes though, man he looks tired or ....

:chug

Well I'll be in the minority here but I think it looks pretty good. The face does seem a little round but in the end I do see David Wenhem in that sculpt. I can't wait to order it!

Now, when are we going to get a female character in the line???? Or a hobbit???

Back