Faramir PPO details + pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are a few rose tinted spectacles floating around here. Yes, there are some parts that look like Wenham, but overall the likeness just is NOT there - as has been said, the face is far too round and different angles etc might go some way to explain this, but the bottom line is that the face is too full. I'm still awaiting my Aragorn exclusive (UK late as ever...) so have still to witness the "its better when you have it in your hand" experience, but if this is the prototype that they've worked really hard on (aka the Aragorn) then it doesn't bode well for the final version (going off pictures of the prototype and production Aragorns). I'll still get it because at this stage I'd like a full set of these to pass on to my children when they're old enough to watch the movies (still arguing with my wife as to whether 6 is too young!!), but how anyone can truly say that this is a good likeness of the movie Faramir is beyond me... The costume looks amazing, although again the prototype/production differences may come into play again - time will tell

If production looks anything like prototype, I will not be a completist of this line. And if I don't like Legolas when he ships, I may just drop it all together. Especially with how great the GG busts are looking.

I think he looks okay. But I'm not blown away by it. Such a shame as I wanted to really like this figure. No matter, as I'm not buying the 12" figures anyways. I just can't get excited about them. It's poly and PF for me from now on.

Darklord Dave said:
Hmm, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at that picture.

And I think once everyone sees a wider range of angles on the face they'll be pleasantly surprised.

You're right I'm sure once we see more it will look even better. I'm just not as blow away as I've been by the others. It still looks good just not as good as I thought.

I like the 12" figures they are really nice. I'm very excited by this line and glad they are being made.

jlcmsu said:
You're right I'm sure once we see more it will look even better. I'm just not as blow away as I've been by the others. It still looks good just not as good as I thought.

I like the 12" figures they are really nice. I'm very excited by this line and glad they are being made.

Well, I'm sure everyone remembers that when the first photo of Boromir was posted, he looked more like Theodon! Further photos revealed a really nice sculpt...Provided it's painted well (see the SDCC photos on Rebelscum for proof!) I'm sure Faramir will be the same. I think it looks pretty good and I'm very excited about this figure. Can't wait to see more photos of the FULL costume...It looks GREAT from what we can see so far!

Being our token optimist and, of course, Faramir's biggest fan (at least I think so :rolleyes: ), I think he looks just great, and besides, this first pic is really not enough for me to say yea or nay. The costume is looking unbelievably good, and the accessories are great looking so far. Besides, I'm as much a book fan as a movie fan, so I'm more generous here than I would be for Star Wars. Boromir was kind of the same thing; people saw flaws in the first pics, but after seeing the preview they saw just how great he was. I think Faramir will be just the same.

Even if he isn't, he will still be my favorite figure and the centerpiece of my entire collection!

Captain Aldeggon said:
By the way, if anybody knows how to make that new picture into an avatar or signature, I would really love one.....:monkey3

Hey Captain, just did a really quick avatar for you in Photoshop...hope this helps for now...

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks dude, that's really cool of you. Hope you're not all sick of my rantings; but then, when your dream figure is made, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am, because DUDE I'm happy right now!

I love you Sideshow.........

Edit: can you make that any smaller? Thanks

Last edited:
Captain Aldeggon said:
Wow! Thanks dude, that's really cool of you. Hope you're not all sick of my rantings; but then, when your dream figure is made, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am, because DUDE I'm happy right now!

I love you Sideshow.........

Oh, and a new CIVIL WAR signature too...

Last edited:
Blast! Can anybody help me figure out how to change my avatar and signature with those new pics? I'm really bad with computers and can't quite figure it out. :monkey2

Thanks

Hi Cap. I uploaded the sig to an image hosting site. Go to your 'User CP' and enter this url and your sig should work.
https://i17.tinypic.com/43560bt.jpg

Then you can save the Faramir pic you want to use for your avatar. Right click on the pic and save to a folder on your comp. Then go to 'User CP' and you should be able to upload the pic you saved for your avatar. If you have any more probs, ask again.

Indiana Fett said:
Well, I'm sure everyone remembers that when the first photo of Boromir was posted, he looked more like Theodon! Further photos revealed a really nice sculpt...Provided it's painted well (see the SDCC photos on Rebelscum for proof!) I'm sure Faramir will be the same. I think it looks pretty good and I'm very excited about this figure. Can't wait to see more photos of the FULL costume...It looks GREAT from what we can see so far!

I'd agree with that. Though I thought Borormir looked like SB from the start.

Back