Faramir PPO details + pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Aldeggon said:
I think the avatar pic is too big though. Looks like it's at 100 pixels, shouldn't it be at 80? Not sure....
Did you try to upload it, as per my instructions? It may resize itself. If you know what size it needs to be, because I'm lazy and haven't bothered to look, I can resize it for you and post it as an attachment for you to do the work, if you like. Give it a shot and let us know. Try first, then bellow. :lol

wofford29 said:
anyone else seeing triple H in the sculpt?

It's all about the GAME!!!! The Cerebral Assassin. The King of Kings.

Any guess as to who the sculpter on this is? This sculpt is so close but it just doesn't look that good from the teaser pic. The face obviously needs to be thinned out.

Darth Loki said:

Any guess as to who the sculpter on this is? This sculpt is so close but it just doesn't look that good from the teaser pic. The face obviously needs to be thinned out.

Yea, and his nose looks like it needs to be thinned as well....

Looks good so far, I'll be ordering next Friday. I can only hope that since this is their fourth figure in the 12" line, they have picked up enough "affection" for it, so we don't get the same surprize we got from Aragorn as strider, where the proto pics were "unbelievable", and the final product on pictures was "so so". Well, I know what Aragorn is like, as soon as I have him in hand. Won't be long now, since SSC charged me for it yesterday I belive.

Darth Loki said:

You know I always thought that Sean Bean looked alot like Paul but this Faramir looks close to him after you mention it.

jason2885 said:
You know I always thought that Sean Bean looked alot like Paul but this Faramir looks close to him after you mention it.

Especially with his long hair as Boromir!!!! I've said the same thing many times.

And I too have a feeling this is a Mat Falls sculpt.

I'm not really that impressed by this one. Then again I thought Boromir's preview pic was bad too and I liked that one in the end. I'll get it but its definitely not "wowing" me so far....

Amir said:
I hope the exclusive isn't something important again like his cloak. If Faramir’s exclusive piece is another item that is essential to the character, I will most likely be dropping this entire line and sending my Aragorn exclusive to ebay. I can’t afford or want to buy direct anymore and pay 40 bucks for a cloak that should be a standard item in the first place.

I HOPE the exclusive item is something worthwhile and essential to the character. Makes PPO day much more rewarding. Go Sideshow!

There's worthwile and then there is the Regular version is not complete. Yes for the luck 1500 or whatever they have a complete figure. But when the exclusive is a must have for the figure to be whole like the cloaks so far it hurts all international collectors. Having to buy the exclusive from sideshow means alot more money has to be spent and its simply not fair. The exclusive should be cool and you want to spend the money to get it. Not you have to have it in order for your figure to be complete. So I hope that the LOTR stops having the completley essential rgular is incomplete exclusives. I like the line Aragorn is cool but he was simply too expensive beacuse the cloak was needed.

Serpentor said:
I like the line Aragorn is cool but he was simply too expensive beacuse the cloak was needed.
i'm not sure i agree because i have the exclusive and dont have aragon posed with the cloak. i don't think its needed to complete the character however it will look cool when posed with the other characters that have the cloaks.

I think it's another example where the paintjob is throwing the resemblance off. In this case particularly, the eyes are what throws it off for me. But like in Boromir's case, I think the outfit will be outstanding. Looking forward to this one as well.

But PLEASE Sideshow, give us the Fellowship Nine first. Where are those hobbit and dwarf bodies??

All I can say is that Sideshow better make the hobbits and the dwarves. If they make a LOTR line without them or not use the appropirate buddy if they make them, then I am going to be furious. But for now, I am expecting GG or a Nazgul next.

I'm expecting GTG next in all honesty if they do another hero but if they go villain I think we'll probably see a Ringwrath.

As for the Dwarf and Hobbit bodies, SSC already said at the announcement of the line that they'd be included and that the bodies were being worked on currently the real question is what is causing the delay? I'd love to see a Frodo done sooner than later but I have a feeling that because we have a 1/4 Frodo coming soon that he'll be one of the lasts....

Jedi_Mike said:
As for the Dwarf and Hobbit bodies, SSC already said at the announcement of the line that they'd be included and that the bodies were being worked on currently ....

Thanks for the info! I wasn't awar of it. It gives me hope, but I would certainly like to see some short characters soon. I want to complete my fellowship as soon as possible.

It's curious the way the LoTR 12" line is progressing. Why oh WHY didn't they just go straight out of the gate and produce the Fellowship and THEN produce all other characters is beyond me. I like Faramir as much as anybody, but I would MUCH rather have the full fellowship FIRST, then him. I mean the first 3 figures were part of the fellowship, but then they change to other men. I am thinking they did this because what was left of the fellowship were Hobbits, Gandalf, and Gimli; and their bodies weren't ready yet. That seems to be the only logical explanation. Oh well, I suppose if we get everybody eventually it won't be too bad. Just wish the fellowship came first....

Well we can still get Gandalf next, who knows. Besides, if the just did the fellowship first, a ton of people would quit the line because the "already have the fellowship." It's a smart move to mix it up a little; plus it adds some variety.

(and it let's me have Faramir sooner woo hoo!)

Back