EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That means we are the worst.
No, it doesn`t. You do the best you can, considering the warp speed with which you develop, anounce and release. Brand new characters with new sculpt each time. No time to paint, repaint and explore at leisure, which subtle changes could bring out the likeness more. Considering all that, you do a great job!

I respectfully disagree. I have Kirk, Sulu and Spock. none of them have noticeably bad paint apps, or nothing that I wanted to change as soon as I opened the box.

Buried deep in the Snake Plissken thread, someone posted a before and after repaint of the SS sculpt which instantly transformed the figure. That is what I want to do for this figure, as I really love the character. Fresh out of the box, it gets a passing grade, but I want the quality of the paint to match the quality of the tailoring and accessories.
Go on, and good luck with your idea! Don`t forget to share the result, as it will be fascinating!)

Me too. I had no idea about the film on the bases and name cards. Plus I wont have to experiment with which hand holds the scanner best.
I had no idea, there were films to be removed 😅 And I`m glad about the info on that tiny scanner, and how not to loose it

I had no idea, there were films to be removed 😅 And I`m glad about the info on that tiny scanner, and how not to loose it
I don't like to create non useful things such as instruction pamphlet that less than 2% buyers will ever read it. But 100% of EXO-6 customers will somehow watch the video.

We will only use instructional pamphlet for figures or dioramas that need buyers' own preparation.

I don't like to create non useful things such as instruction pamphlet that less than 2% buyers will ever read it. But 100% of EXO-6 customers will somehow watch the video.

We will only use instructional pamphlet for figures or dioramas that need buyers' own preparation.
You said dioramas again!!

Sometimes when I think of the possibilities, I’m more excited for those then the figures.

A console with a chair and a bit of backdrop would be a dream.

Last edited:
Received my EMH today (the one that the Shop app tells me is still in Vancouver)
A very nice figure once again, faultless tailoring, nice accessories and a well sculpted figure. The paint app is great too, my only nit is a small one. The eyes need a bit of that gloss stuff to give it the natural glaze/moisture look.
Aside from that its another quality figure from EXO-6
Wow, that was quick delivery. My Janeway was posted on the 6th Dec' and it reached the carrier/airline on the 20th Dec' and no update since then. Have messaged exo-6 twice via their site and received no reply.

Nanjin & Fellow Voyagers,
I want to add to the CONGRATULATIONS to EXO-6 and many thanks for what you have released so far, Nanjin! As others have wrote, the dedication, speed and quality of production in this line is not like anything we've seen in the 1/6 field.
There are collectors that have the need to customize their figures: more power to them. The fact that EXO has given us the chance to add a wonderful line of figures from a ground-breaking series of television and film series to our collections is a dream come true! THANK YOU!

A friend of mine, despite using the hot water method, managed to break a Janeway wrist peg. I have a spare one I can give to her, just wanted to check - has anyone replaced them already? You can just pull them out right? They're not glued in or something? Do you need hot water to pull it out easier as well?

I wanted to take a picture of Janeway and Scully together, but I had forgotten how much smaller in scale Scully is. Her head and hands are definitely too small! They really messed up there.

DSC07616.jpg

I did manage with playing with angles though.

DSC07627.jpg

The wrist pegs come out fine, no glue, just tight. I did post a pic of them some way back but don’t recall where.

edit.

Attachments

• CEEAC867-F03F-4DD8-9D48-194A7D8DD7CF.jpeg
    CEEAC867-F03F-4DD8-9D48-194A7D8DD7CF.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 14
Janeway beamed in today, despite the snow, and she was very happy to end her journey. Got her unpacked and showed her around.

Having a chance to unbox her, I'd like to weigh in on the peg issue. The pegs are so tight. Too tight. I took the hand pegs out of both sockets on either side to pre arrange their position per the EXO tutorial and definately felt like I was going to break them because they were so tight. Not so tight in separating the hand and body from the peg but rotating the peg itself. In fact, they "snap" when moving into a new position and I actually thought I'd broken one despite being meticulously careful (though I didn't actually break it). I even used a hairdryer to try to soften the peg plastic where the two pieces are connected together because they were so stiff. Certainly stiffer is better than flopping around but these pegs need some improvement as I feel like adjusting the hands certaiy risks breaking these pegs, even if you are careful. The pegs structure needs some adjustment and, as others have said, an extra peg or two should be included. I would say the overly tight wrist pegs knock this release down for me a little because instead of enjoying posing, I'm a little afraid to adjust her wrist position at all.

I also (still) think that she has a bit of a caricature feel on the hs, especially the jaw line, but I saw that before buying her. Nevertheless, her tailloring is done well and I am happy to add another captain to my collection.

I wonder if we can buy a pack of replacement pegs from EXO eventually to have just in case or if they eventually include backup sets like Hot Toys and Asmus. I wouldn’t mind paying an extra dollar or two for the pegs. Shoot I would go as high as $5 just for the peace of mind that if I break one or get a defective one I can just swap it out instead of going to the internet trying to buy a replacement. I cannot believe it would be very expensive to include them. Might be more expensive to make the packaging accomadate them than the cost of the pegs themselves.

Wow, that was quick delivery. My Janeway was posted on the 6th Dec' and it reached the carrier/airline on the 20th Dec' and no update since then. Have messaged exo-6 twice via their site and received no reply.
I had the same thing posted 6 December, and she got here today. The best thing I do once I receive a shipping notification is forget about it.

EMH arrived today!
The uniform isn't quite as nice as Data (still waiting on my Picard from Sideshow, and my Janeway is still lost somewhere in the Delta Quadrant). The slightly asymmetrical cut to the blue shoulder section around the neck is a bit disappointing, but overall I'm very pleased. The collar itself works so much better than Data's one, which kept slipping down on me every time I would re-pose.

Skin tone looks very good to me both in hand (and in the very quick shot on my desk below!), and - to me - the sculpt looks so much better than the prototype images. 2022 is off to a good start!

2022-01-07 16.58.16.jpg

Back