EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Tom teaser.
FB_IMG_1682427907033.jpg

I’m wondering if exo-6 is hitting some kind of cap on how many people are on their e-mail list? Not super familiar with mailchimp but I’d imagine there are different tiers with how many you can send (ie, 10k, 20k, etc). Would make sense why some of us stopped receiving emails, we may be getting bumped off 😂🤣
I get some emails and miss others. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.

Thank you. I will try it. How long do you hold the wrists in the boiled water?
A few seconds are enough. Hard do tell, I never counted. But plastic softens very quickly.

Then wriggling. If it doesn't work at first, do the water a second time. But it needs to be freshly boiled, as it quickly cools off. You think it's still hot but it isn't. So boil it a second time and again

Oh my poor wallet... I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with EXO, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I enjoyed Voyager quite a bit, but it was never at the top of my Trek love list. But I have Janeway, Chakotay, and Tuvok now, and B'elanna is a "for sure". So in that light, it doesn't seem right not to add Tom and Harry. But every time I add a figure that doesn't initially strike me as a "must have" I could be limiting what I can afford down the road....but am I strong enough to say no!? Unlikely!

Like so many of you, the TWOK big three are at the pinnacle of my "MUST HAVE" list. Nanjin's instinct to hold those back was an obvious move. A TON of folks would likely tap out after getting those and possibly completing the TOS and TNG bridge crew. That might have been me too, to be honest, but now I'm hooked on the entire line (just as Nanjin knew many of us would be).

I'll also need Jadzia (for obvious reasons), Kira, O'Biran, and possibly Julian from DS9 as well...in that order!

Unlike many of us, however, I absolutely love Discovery (and I say this as a loyal Conservative, so apparently the perceived "wokeness" of the series is not an issues at all for me). Not every season was a home run, but I got hooked on the serialized plot line early and never looked back. So if EXO decides to gamble on a few more of those figures, I'm sure I'd cave like a house of cards! That said, given the fact that Disco is clearly considered the red-headed step child of Trekville, evidenced by many opinion offered here as well as the fact that both Disco figures remain in stock at EXO with most everything else close to being sold out, more Discovery is probably risk EXO won't take. And a the end of the day, I think I'm OK with that to conserve on my figure funds.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I hope I have the willpower to carry through on my plan not to pick up everything just because it's available. Wish me luck!

Oh my poor wallet... I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with EXO, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
You are definitely not alone!

My plans for Star Trek keep changing and shuffling based on whims of the day - I honestly wish sometimes I was a "die hard" fan of only one thing but with Trek, like the rest of my collecting seemingly, I like a bit of everything at least to a degree.
I enjoyed Voyager quite a bit, but it was never at the top of my Trek love list. But I have Janeway, Chakotay, and Tuvok now, and B'elanna is a "for sure". So in that light, it doesn't seem right not to add Tom and Harry. But every time I add a figure that doesn't initially strike me as a "must have" I could be limiting what I can afford down the road....but am I strong enough to say no!? Unlikely!
My rule right now is any series where I'm tempted on more than one figure it's going to centre round the Captain and 2 supporting characters / officers to try and not go down the rabbit whole.

I currently have Janeway but I resisted the other members of the crew (as amazing as they all look and I know I'm going to be jealous seeing everyone displaying all 9 of them!) as I always planned by 3 to be Janeway, Tom and B'Elanna.

Paris was my favourite character watching through for the first time and he and B'Elanna's relationship from becoming friends all the way to becoming parents in the finale is at the very least one of the better Trek relationships and I would argue is the best.
Like so many of you, the TWOK big three are at the pinnacle of my "MUST HAVE" list. Nanjin's instinct to hold those back was an obvious move. A TON of folks would likely tap out after getting those and possibly completing the TOS and TNG bridge crew. That might have been me too, to be honest, but now I'm hooked on the entire line (just as Nanjin knew many of us would be).
Agreed - I have thought that from the beginning - give people their choice of Kirk, Spock & McCoy and interest in other lines will drop.

Oddly Nanjin seems to have not shied away from telling people not to buy them, those more cycnical may argue its some form of reverse psychology going on but if it is its worked as some people just want to buy things.

The "big three" is party behind my "3 figures" concept with TWOK I'm going to be getting Saavik though as she was such a big part of that movie and even though I liked the actress from TSFS I wish Alley had come back and played more of a role through the rest of the movies. It would have been good to have had another lady on the bridge crew not to mention if they had continued playing her slightly more emotionally than we expect from a Vulcan (and what we saw in III)
I'll also need Jadzia (for obvious reasons), Kira, O'Biran, and possibly Julian from DS9 as well...in that order!
DS9 is honestly going to be my problem and may end up being the show where I have to get more or look to get them all - which means hopefully there are some immediate purchase Quark's coming up after release which I will have to jump on.

I just can't come up with a definitive duo to join Sisko. O'Brien and Bashir were great friends (and I'd argue the other best relationship in the franchise) but Jadzia would pair well with Sisko and was such a great character (plus if we are thinking "more ladies" in the collection purely for diversity reasons she's a great choice, not that that would factor in) and thats before looking at Garak or Weyoun or I can't believe I have not mentioned Worf yet!

I may have problems coming up.
Unlike many of us, however, I absolutely love Discovery (and I say this as a loyal Conservative, so apparently the perceived "wokeness" of the series is not an issues at all for me).
Theres figures I could propose from that show but the only one I really want I think should match up with Nanjin's plans - I need a Captain Philippa Georgiou, the Emperor will no doubt look stunning and a Section 31 version would look great but I A. want a version of that DSC Captain's uniform and B. I never thought there would be a 1:6 scale Michelle Yeoh never mind a Star Trek one!

I did originally pick up Burnham, good looking figure and the character (and actress) gets more flack than they deserve - it just didn't "pop" enough but the full on Captain's gold on the dark blue will compared to the rainbow of other colours from the other series. Nanjin really enjoys the Burnham character so I think theres a good chance he will try and make another where she's a Captain in the red uniform so there will be another (dare I say it better) version of the character possibly on the horizon.
Anyway, the point of all of this is that I hope I have the willpower to carry through on my plan not to pick up everything just because it's available. Wish me luck!
Good luck to us all... Its a great time to be a Star Trek fan, its also about to become a horrible time to a Star Trek fan(s wallet)!

Nanjin’s plan works well if you only like a certain series. It kind of screws over those of us who are into multiple iterations of Trek. One of the complaints I’ve had since the beginning of EXO-6.

Nanjin’s plan works well if you only like a certain series. It kind of screws over those of us who are into multiple iterations of Trek. One of the complaints I’ve had since the beginning of EXO-6.

Personally I think a better option is to be dabbling into every line simultaneously and rotate every 2-3 months on POs, that way you keep everyone engaged.

I’ve sat out VOY in its entirety (it’s not due to a lack of liking the series) I know which lines I want to dive into so it doesn’t really matter how long they’re dragged out, I don’t see myself really deviating from that.

When this began I definitely felt compelled to order every figure, just on the chance the line might get canceled or because this is our only chance to see these characters get made, but I'm thankfully past that stage now.

When this began I definitely felt compelled to order every figure, just on the chance the line might get canceled or because this is our only chance to see these characters get made, but I'm thankfully past that stage now.
Yeah, I hear you. I’ve been more in on the line than not so far and I do think those first few releases were important to support so no regrets.

The only thing is now since I have some of the VOY crew I’m tempted to keep on going. I’ve skipped out on Tuvok and Chakotay and I don’t have my Seven of Nine yet.

The decision now is do I just keep it at Janeway and The Doctor and call it good or keep going. I do like the character of Harry Kim but then I feel like I almost need Paris (who I like too).

For me it's not really a problem having an incomplete crew, since I have my figures kind of mixed together anyway and it doesn't stand out that much.

I feel the same way. The less concerned with getting the characters in a certain uniform than with having them at all. Like, I'd have preferred Q in a Starfleet uniform, but I'm happy to have him in the Judge robes rather than not at all. And if the only Worf we ever get is the TNG Worf, I'll be happy just to have Worf, even if i prefer the FC uniform on him.

I plan to continue to pretty much display them all together, so maybe that's why it isn't a huge issue for me.

Some excellent points posted above.

As both a Star Trek and Star Wars fan and collector, I think it may be easier to pass on some figures from the "Wars" than it is from the "Trek"...

Trek really is about the crew members and for me it is very difficult to end up having an incomplete crew. Sure, one could go with the big 3 from TOS and TWOK, but it is harder to decide between crew members from TNG and DS9, for example. The ensemble was key and interactions between the characters in those shows were special. Voyager was as well, for me.

mynameischris brought up the hardest part of our hobby: Trying to limit oneself to just one theme or film/series. I've gotten around it by stating "Sci-Fi" as the theme... :monkey3

And Ensign Kim was pre-ordered...

Back