EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yar should just be the version from Yesterday’s Enterprise. One of the best episodes of the show and her character is handled well in it. Plus having just her in a season one uniform would look odd.

I'd be happy with either one. And whether you have her in a S1 uniform or alternate YE uniform, she's going to stand out and look a bit out of place in the collection.

I guess I'd give a slight edge to the YE uniform though, since it's got the shiny silver belt to give it more visual interest.

I'd be happy with either one. And whether you have her in a S1 uniform or alternate YE uniform, she's going to stand out and look a bit out of place in the collection.

I guess I'd give a slight edge to the YE uniform though, since it's got the shiny silver belt to give it more visual interest.

I have to agree. It would stand out either way. Despite how the Playmates figure looked, the YE uniforms were distinctly different.
Plus, if we were to only get one representation of that uniform from Season 1, Yar would be a good choice.
But you'd also have to make sure she came with the Hoover hand vacuum phaser from season 1 too.
1000004612.jpg

Yeah it would be fun to have at least one figure with that ridiculous Dustbuster Phaser. And plus Yar did look a lot more fetching with that S1 hairstyle, and was also the only one that the S1 uniform actually looked good on.

I'm sure YE would be the better seller though, so that would probably be a big factor in Nanjin choosing to go with that one.

I totally get that Sideshow has a good rewards program and maybe there's a different reason you use them for Trek figures but it's honestly so simply to order from EXO-6 directly. Never once had a problem and you get them as soon as they're done producing them and ship them out.
I seem to remember reading posts on this and other EXO-6 forums about people having their shipments stuck for weeks and never getting them from EXO-6 directly.

I'm not sure I agree about which Yar would be a better seller. The YE uniform would stand out, but it's also not as iconic as those first-season ones. I think people would care more about the character, and the "normal" version of the character, I'd think, is the one most people would like
Look, for instance, at all the people complaining about Q in his judges robes, even though it's an iconic outfit that has shown up in three different series (TNG, VOY, and LD)

I seem to remember reading posts on this and other EXO-6 forums about people having their shipments stuck for weeks and never getting them from EXO-6 directly.
I've only bought from Exo directly and they call get to me in the UK in about two weeks no issues. Though only 3 bought so far (and 2 more pre-ordered).
The trackers they used don't work at all here but that doesn't seem to matter.

I'm a fan of their immediate purchase too. If you miss a pre-order there's more!

Sign me up...
Always kinda wondered what would have Tasha ultimately been like had Crosby stayed. None of the characters were quite "right" in S1 as everyone, actors and writers, were still trying to find their way.
Well it definitely would have prevented Worf from moving onto head of security. I wonder if he would have stayed at the Conn or moved somewhere else? It's definitely a shame Yar couldn't benefit from the better writing that came along in S3 though. Although I suspect they still would have struggled to come up with stuff for her just like with Troi, Crusher and Geordi, as there wasn't much of a character to work with.

Crosby has stated that she has no regrets in leaving TNG when she did, but I find that hard to believe. Her career didn’t really seem to take off other than a few appearances here and there. From what I gather she left because she felt the character had limited growth potential but it’s naive to make that assessment based on one season. Sounds like a small element of entitlement may have existed there.

The show only got exponentially better and Worf became a fan favourite.

Not sure if I’d pull the trigger on a Tasha Yar figure or not, she was in TNG such a short time she doesn’t really come to mind when I think of the bridge crew. I think her greatest contribution to the series was her Yesterday’s Enterprise / Sela arc.

Crosby has stated that she has no regrets in leaving TNG when she did, but I find that hard to believe. Her career didn’t really seem to take off other than a few appearances here and there. From what I gather she left because she felt the character had limited growth potential but it’s naive to make that assessment based on one season. Sounds like a small element of entitlement may have existed there.

I have a feeling there were sexual harassment shenanigans going on. 2/3 of their female cast gone after 1 season? And then Diana Muldaur doesn't even want to TALK about it.

But, Crosby's pretty active in the community now, so I guess maybe she really doesn't have regrets.

I have a feeling there were sexual harassment shenanigans going on. 2/3 of their female cast gone after 1 season? And then Diana Muldaur doesn't even want to TALK about it.

But, Crosby's pretty active in the community now, so I guess maybe she really doesn't have regrets.
Yeah apparently some of the early writers or producers had some very sexist attitudes that the women didn't care for. Plus the fact they were given hardly anything to do.

Yeah, the true reasons for Gates McFadden's departure haven't "stayed consistent" over the years- but seem to involve interactions with a certain Producer (who created the Borg).

Diana Muldaur just seemed to not enjoy her time on TNG, & Patrick Stewart hints at her not jiveing with him professionally in his Autobiography...

Denise Crosby has career aspirations that quickly proved to be unrealistic; I thinks she's fortunate that the writers conjured up "Yesterday's Enterprise" & Sela 👍

On Facebook Nanjin confirmed that Picard will have a regular uniform option.

"TNG Picard will have standard uniform. There will be Standard and Essential Edition of TNG Picard.
Yesterday's Nanjin will have to bend the knee or be destroyed. Looking forward to destroying this dude for a long time. He's in really deep shxt."

I'm very happy about that.

Diana Muldaur just seemed to not enjoy her time on TNG, & Patrick Stewart hints at her not jiveing with him professionally in his Autobiography...
If you watch the Center Seat documentary, there's something going on she really doesn't want to talk about. And she will not even consider coming back for any appearances on Trek, which is really weird since she was on TOS and TNG both.
I'm not sure star the deal might have been between her and Stewart, but I think there's a lot more than just that going on.

"TNG Picard will have standard uniform. There will be Standard and Essential Edition of TNG Picard.
Yesterday's Nanjin will have to bend the knee or be destroyed. Looking forward to destroying this dude for a long time. He's in really deep shxt."

The only question is will the standard uniform be the "regular" option, or only included with the "deluxe" version?

1711760509024.gif

As am I, uniform Picard is the definitive Picard.

As am I, uniform Picard is the definitive Picard.

It's great when the cheaper option covers one's needs eh?

I got away with that on Sisko, but I love the Captain's Jacket option for JLP. I was bummed they didn't do a Captain's Wraparound for SNW Pike as well.

Back