EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird shade for the skin but otherwise solid. What else does Regula include other than the field jacket for the extra.$70?

For $70 more that seems a bit excessive. Mondo exclusive 1:6 Phantasm includes a whole additional torso, base and hood for only $20 more. Of course I could just go with the essential edition but who wants to do that? I feel Nanjin's taking a little advantage of the situation...again.

For $70 more that seems a bit excessive. Mondo exclusive 1:6 Phantasm includes a whole additional torso, base and hood for only $20 more. Of course I could just go with the essential edition but who wants to do that? I feel Nanjin's taking a little advantage of the situation...again.
Look at it this way, for $70 you can give more character to your figure that you otherwise cannot. Every piece of accessory is already tailor made to look good on this figure so you don’t have to worry about what ifs or missing out on a certain look. It’s better they do it this way rather than releasing a variant.

The tailoring is pretty amazing for this scale and Exo 6 is one of the best at that.

Considering unique 1/6 clothing like the jacket that comes with the Regula version can cost up to 50.00 on its own, I don't think the 70.00 difference is that extreme.
Yeah this jacket is massively more complex than a VOY or FC uniform, so I'm not surprised at all by the higher cost. And even the standard monster maroon is probably costlier to make.

Yeah this jacket is massively more complex than a VOY or FC uniform, so I'm not surprised at all by the higher cost. And even the standard monster maroon is probably costlier to make.

Only issue now is, since I went with Regula One Saavik, I’m now pretty much committed to Regula One EVERYTHING, and I was originally hoping that all these TWOK figures that I have to have would not reach Hot Toys level pricing each. I guess I can always sell a kidney.

I kinda think they should have offered a third option with just the field jacket, for those who only want the Regula One look on display.

Plus it would be cheaper for those who want to get both versions.

Only issue now is, since I went with Regula One Saavik, I’m now pretty much committed to Regula One EVERYTHING, and I was originally hoping that all these TWOK figures that I have to have would not reach Hot Toys level pricing each. I guess I can always sell a kidney.
Yep, I’m feeling the same. They cost more than Hot Toys now, but I’m willing to take a hit to get these uniforms. TWOK has been my epitome of movie Trek and these are the magnum opuses in this medium.

You are comparing Mondo to EXO 6! Lol

The cut and sew, extra accessories and hands for $70 is good value.

You are comparing Mondo to EXO 6! Lol

The cut and sew, extra accessories and hands for $70 is good value.

Have you looked at Mondo lately? They've made a massive improvement in product (choices and sculpting). Plus that's with FREE shipping. Yes it's not tailored clothing and I'm sure that adds some to the cost. But I still think this is upper level pricing (and certainly my limit). You're making your point to someone who does not regularly spend $300 on Hot Toys or Sideshow anymore. 1:6 pricing has gone bananas in the last several years. The only reason I'm even entertaining the idea is this is a one and done not likely to be repeated or bested in most of our lifetimes.

From Nanjins facebook page;
Guess how many seperate pieces of fabrics that we need to pre-cut to make this jacket? Over 52 pieces or under? The number of pieces mean thats the minimum times that the jacket will have to go through a production line. From here, think about the detailings. If 52 pieces is the factor, then the jacket needs to run through the production line close to 65 times.
Everything has to be custom made. Nothing is available in the production material market such as the D-Ring at this size and the orange zipper. Some of the parts are diecast. We decide depending on the appearance. Some things are better using plastics. Molds costs are practically the same for die-cast and plastics materials.

Went with Kobayashi on Saavik. As cool as the jacket is, I'd rather save the money on something I'll never display. With regard to Regula 1 jackets in general, I think I'll only get Kirk in the jacket, and that only if there's a Khaaaan! scream alternate head. I would buy one of each in that case and display both. Honestly, when it comes to Kirk specifically, in addition to the above, I'd like a bloody uniform variant, and I'd probably display those 2 rather than a standard one. The bloody uniform represents that desperate initial battle with Khan and the scream is iconic on its own.

From Nanjins facebook page;
Guess how many seperate pieces of fabrics that we need to pre-cut to make this jacket? Over 52 pieces or under? The number of pieces mean thats the minimum times that the jacket will have to go through a production line. From here, think about the detailings. If 52 pieces is the factor, then the jacket needs to run through the production line close to 65 times.
Everything has to be custom made. Nothing is available in the production material market such as the D-Ring at this size and the orange zipper. Some of the parts are diecast. We decide depending on the appearance. Some things are better using plastics. Molds costs are practically the same for die-cast and plastics materials.
Sounds like the cost is justified. Also, I don't know what a D-Ring is, but if it is what I think it is Saavik's a lot freakier than I thought.

Back