EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin suggested he may product the leather jacket versions as well, but only in very limited numbers at a higher price. But who knows if it'll really happen.
Take my money Exo-6.

1682117568611.jpeg

Just got an email that my chair has shipped. Not an essential piece but I want to support Exo-6 as much as possible.
congratulations on the shipping update, I wasn’t expecting them to start coming through till Monday!

I don’t have either FC figure but Worf from DS9 will be coming sooner or later and it will make for a good stand in for the Titan chair as there’s no guarantee we will see that as a part of the Titan line.

I really would like to see EXO-6 get to primary TOS, TNG and TWOK characters before discussing Kelvin, Over the Hill Gang and tertiary and one-shot characters. I dunno 🤷‍♂️… maybe it’s just me.

I guess everyone is just holding out for their favorites. I know when they were first shown or mentioned I was ready to drop the money on TWOK Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the Cage Pike and Spock. But it’s been so long and really nothing to order. In that time I’ve ordered the Prank Villain (which means I’m going to be picking up the other main villains more than likely), I’ve picked up a Deathwatch Trooper, which then pushed me toward more Mando armored figures and I picked up a Mando and Bo Katan. I’m eyeing some Bad Batch figures as well.

I guess my thought is this - if the Trek stuff had been out or their products reliably projected to be offered at a certain time and followed up on, I wouldn’t have been looking around at other lines and companies.

I admit - it’s a self-control thing on my part. On the other hand, my confidence in getting all of the Trek figures I want is starting to drop.

I will probably pick up the Trek figures when they are available, but at some point I’m going to have think “do I really want another display case of figures?”

I really would like to see EXO-6 get to primary TOS, TNG and TWOK characters before discussing Kelvin, Over the Hill Gang and tertiary and one-shot characters. I dunno 🤷‍♂️… maybe it’s just me.
You’re not alone in that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if those are dead last in the release schedule.

I think there was talk about another TNG character going up for PO this year sometime after Locutus delivers.

I feel like us TOS and TNG fans are going to be waiting until the end. We’ll probably continue getting the other series and if we get TOS and TNG stuff it’ll be just side characters or alternate versions of characters.

Have to admit it's starting to give me flashbacks to the QMX days with all these promised and teased figures that never ended up happening...

Great to see all of those figures being teased.

But like you, my only concern is that we have yet to see any pre-orders for TOS and TNG (regular crew member versions, mind you) IF the initial 5 year mission (time-frame) is actually true. We are around halfway on that mission and assuming TOS has 7 main figures and TNG has 7 main figures, that would be about one figure every other month. That's not counting figures from other series or films. It certainly can be done but definitely a fast and pressured timeline to keep the releases going and at a high or museum level of quality. It would be interesting to see a list of teased, pre-order and shipped figures, with time-frames, just to have a better idea of how it has been moving along.

I'm fairly certain that we'll soon receive another encrypted post saying that the 5 year mission has been extended, thanks to Starfleet...

I'd say the ship has sailed on Star Trek Beyond. Hell, I'd say it has sailed on the whole Kelvin timeline. But what do I know?

In some ways I feel like the Kelvin Timeline is kind of just a weird footnote in Star Trek’s history at this point.

The movies ranged from pretty good to not so good to okay. I like the actors involved, but since they only did three films I never got too attached to any of their interpretations of the characters.

I'm fairly certain that we'll soon receive another encrypted post saying that the 5 year mission has been extended, thanks to Starfleet...
Over on facebook, Nanjin has talked about passing the company on (selling it, I'm sure) to someone else at the end of five years.

Yeah I suppose it's possible he could get all the figures developed during these five years, but the actual production and delivery could extend well beyond that with someone else at the helm.

Probably more likely though that he'll simply extend his stay.

Over on facebook, Nanjin has talked about passing the company on (selling it, I'm sure) to someone else at the end of five years.
Yeah, he’s vaguely mentioned someone else taking over once he leaves. Curious if that means if he doesn’t finish then there will be someone else to take over what he started or if EXO-6 will get other licenses or what exactly.

There was a mention on Facebook from the EXO-6 page that the pace is going to pick up soon.

From their post:
Just a warning, the invoices for ordered items and new pre-orders are going to start moving at translight speeds... Invoices for final balance on the First Contact Captain's Chair will be going out this week.

Not sure if that means more immediate purchase figures or shorter ordering windows or what exactly.

That is quite interesting. What concerns me with that possibility is that Nanjin would most likely need to keep from releasing some of the more popular figures in order to enhance the value of the company, if indeed he is considering selling.

Imagine a prospective buyer being offered the company but all of the key crew members from each series/film have already been released. Sure, there are other great secondary and tertiary characters that the hard-core fans would purchase but it is not much of an incentive for the buyer.

All of the above is speculative so who knows what may happen, except for Nanjin himself. In any case, it makes for some interesting discussion.

I wonder a bit if that’s why TOS and TNG are mostly being held back. The five year mission gives him the opportunity to release as many Trek figures that a normal company wouldn’t release.

Someone taking over would see the appeal in Star Trek with TOS and TNG because they’re the most marketable brands within the franchise.

Bigger curiosity I have is if/when someone takes over EXO-6 will they remain strictly a Star Trek company or will they branch out into other licenses. I would think other licenses would make sense because there’s only so much you can do after a while.

When Nanjin first started he stated that his plan was to do it for 5 years and then leave and open up the school that he has always wanted to open. In the beginning it seemed at least to me that the company might just end after the 5 years but now it definitely sounds like there are plans to keep it going (not sure if that means selling it or just letting others manage it with limited involvement from him). My guess is that once he steps away EXO goes after additional licenses and branches out from only doing Trek. I do believe that the original plan was to complete all Trek within the 5 years but now I could see him going either way. He could try to still fit it within the 5 year period or he could decide to let EXO finish it after he has stepped away (or into the background). I do believe we will see at least the core TOS, TNG & TWOK figures before he steps away. Making these figures means a lot to him and I do not see him leaving the core figures for others to make. That’s just my opinion though.

Back