EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have plan for Tribbles. I haven't started any deep planning for TOS because I don't know the size of the market after being destroyed to the ground 3 years ago.

There are thousands and thousands of Kirk, Spock, McCoy out there already. If our 3 kings under perform, TOS will have trouble going deep and wide. It will finish the main crew but no romulans, no klingons, no Andrea, or anyone of these (except personal collection)

Not going to make a move when I hesitate to move.to any direction. The previous license holder have made 1/6 TOS a landmine and can easily goes off. One false move, TOS will go down hill. I love TOS, I want to go deep and wide, so I am not going to move a feather until I know what to do.

I have been trying to make Tribbles for a long time already just continuing.
Then do the classic crew in the Star Trek II-VI uniforms. There haven't been any mass produced 1/6 of those since Playmates made the KB Toys exclusive.

2022 is the 40th anniversary of The Wrath of Khan. They need representation.

I would guess the plan is to do figures from The Wrath of Khan at some point next year. EXO-6 does actually appear to pay attention to anniversaries.

First Contact figures came out for the 25th Anniversary, and next year we’re getting figures from The Next Generation for the 35th Anniversary.

Well as he's a captain wearing the same era outfit as Jean-Luc in First Contact, then he should or will have the jacket option...
Right, but what I was referring to was that the FC Picard figure apparently is designed to wear the vest OR the jacket, not both at the same time. Also, the jacket apparently isn’t designed to be displayed open. (I say “apparently” because my retailer hasn’t sent mine yet, so I can only go by photos and reviews I’ve seen.)

With Sisko, I would ideally like to display him wearing his jacket open, showing the vest and shirt underneath. But hey, I’ll be thrilled with a 1/6 Sisko in the amazing quality that Exo-6 has shown so far!

I have been watching (well listening to while multitasking) this series repeatedly.

The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY Channel

They were talking about Ricardo Montalban‘s magnificent performance, hitting every mark in one take.

I really look forward to the TWOK action figure.
Ooh thanks for the reminder. I watched the first two eps of that show and then somehow forgot all about it (just way too many things to watch these days).

Right, but what I was referring to was that the FC Picard figure apparently is designed to wear the vest OR the jacket, not both at the same time. Also, the jacket apparently isn’t designed to be displayed open. (I say “apparently” because my retailer hasn’t sent mine yet, so I can only go by photos and reviews I’ve seen.)

With Sisko, I would ideally like to display him wearing his jacket open, showing the vest and shirt underneath. But hey, I’ll be thrilled with a 1/6 Sisko in the amazing quality that Exo-6 has shown so far!
Trying to layer clothes like this in 1/6 tends to look bulky and out of scale.

I only have plan for Tribbles. I haven't started any deep planning for TOS because I don't know the size of the market after being destroyed to the ground 3 years ago.

There are thousands and thousands of Kirk, Spock, McCoy out there already. If our 3 kings under perform, TOS will have trouble going deep and wide. It will finish the main crew but no romulans, no klingons, no Andrea, or anyone of these (except personal collection)

Not going to make a move when I hesitate to move.to any direction. The previous license holder have made 1/6 TOS a landmine and can easily goes off. One false move, TOS will go down hill. I love TOS, I want to go deep and wide, so I am not going to move a feather until I know what to do.

I have been trying to make Tribbles for a long time already just continuing.
That was a sad read for me, though I totally understand it, from a business standpoint. I didn't purchase a single one of the Qmx figures, but I did get the TOS captain's chair in anticipation for EXO-6. If I can get something that easily, there must be a heck of a 1lot of stock out there.

Not to be long-winded or personal, but I always centered on TNG and VOY; for personal reasons, I avoided TOS. But last year, I watched "Picard" and a lot of very fond memories rushed back. I got the blu-rays of TNG, then dvds of VOY followed by blu-rays of ENT. I gave DS9 a second chance and loved it! Because of events in my personal life, I had been forced to give up Trek in the early 2000's but now it's all back again along with new stuff and it's all wonderfully overwhelming. I had forgotten how very much I love Trek! It also left me hungry to see the series that started it all. I wanted to see what made people homemake their own costumes and props and gather in school gyms for early conventionsor get together at each other's houses for viewing parties. Before I was finished with the first season, I loved the TOS characters as much as I loved the more recent casts. I now wonder what took me so long to discover the foundation of something that is such an important part of who I am.

All of that being said, it was why I didn't purchase the Qmx TOS figs and why I am/ was looking forward to the improved EXO-6 versions. The main seven plus Rand and Chapel, Talosians, Andorians, Klingons, and so many others, I would buy them all and be a first time buyer for characters being repeated and improved. If I must wait, I must wait. Period. I trust Nanjin and the way he's running both his company and 1/6 Trek. He'll make his move when it's right. Unless I get antsy and run off to Ebay! 😝

Strange enough, Do I remember correctly when I say that Nanjin was talking in an earlier post about TOS aliens (andorians etc) to produce and now we learn that’ll be only the main crew from TOS (based on their appearance in Tribbles)?
As all the other factories that release TOS are of much lesser quality than QMx did and seeing Nanjin’s efforts to always improve I do not see any obstacles to go deeper into TOS. I think the market is big enough. That being said Trek Museum definitely needs a full range of TOS unless it would be bizarre to see just all the consecutive franchise… And the museum would be incomplete and TOS is and will ever be what ST is all about.

Can someone please explain why the original series crew from tribbles is a big deal? I’ve not watched the series in a while but are there major outfit differences or something?

Can someone please explain why the original series crew from tribbles is a big deal? I’ve not watched the series in a while but are there major outfit differences or something?

I think he's just referring to Kirk's wraparound costume. Tribbles is probably it's most "iconic" appearance. He showed it in the decorated captains shot, and it's a good way to differentiate a new Kirk from the previous one.

Knowing Nanjin, he's also trying to make sure that any other releases of the crew match that Kirk. Meaning, second season tunics and not the newer material third season ones. But this is just speculation on my part, of course!

Cheers. I’ll take it with tribble accessories. Maybe they can throw in a bag of 100 with him :D

I think he's just referring to Kirk's wraparound costume. Tribbles is probably it's most "iconic" appearance. He showed it in the decorated captains shot, and it's a good way to differentiate a new Kirk from the previous one.

Knowing Nanjin, he's also trying to make sure that any other releases of the crew match that Kirk. Meaning, second season tunics and not the newer material third season ones. But this is just speculation on my part, of course!
It was Nanjin himself who emphasized on „Tribbles“.

I can tell ya! Uhura never looked better (in her S2 appearances, incl. Tribbles).

I'll be surprised if that's the only TOS Kirk we get. I think he's hinted at making a new gold shirt version as well, not to mention a Kirk in one of his dress uniforms or from a Piece of the Action.

Back