EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say of the more classic era Star Trek shows that Voyager is my least favorite. Largely in part because I just really don’t care for Janeway. Also the show overused the Borg. They went from being creepy on TNG, but didn’t show up too terribly often to being regularly featured on VOY.

Yes, I found Janeway a really annoying character.

As for DS9, it often lacked the journey of exploration into the unknown, by nature of its static location. For a while it was like the pub or meeting place in a soap opera. Later on, as I remember, it got bogged down in episode after episode of a seemingly never ending war.

TOS is very nostalgic from watching re-runs as a child, and the films in the cinema. TNG had a great ensemble cast.

With QMx Trek it was a matter of assembling TOS crewmates, and was going well up until Sulu. That's how I see my collection: assembling crews rather than jumping in here and there with random characters in random uniforms from lesser ventures (such as First Contact).

Enterprise, Discovery and Picard were all watchable, but not particularly memorable. Of the later series Lower Decks has actually been my favourite! Star Trek meets Futurama. :lol

There were parts of Voyager i liked(Mainly Seven and the Doctor, purely based on their characters), and i'd welcome a Voyager-Era Doctor most of all(Like, he would be my high priority as a purchase), but i do accept that not everyone would want him.

Voyager did have some good characters. The Doctor was fun with his prissy manner, and Seven of Nine, of course, with her particularly stern manner. Both made for great comedy.

From DS9 I liked Dax and Odo, and as characters they could easily slot into a TNG display since the timelines cross.

TOS and TNG lead my love for Star Trek.

DS9 and Voyager were fine and some of their episodes are probably ranked up there (for me) as some of the best in any ST series.

Of the films, TMP, WoK, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, Generations and FC are my favorites.

I actually really like the first JJ Abrams "Star Trek" film. The second was "ok", the third, "meh"...

NOT a fan of Discovery and found Picard so disappointing that I cancelled CBS All Access immediately after the season one final episode.

Love all Star Trek shows. DS9 has the distinction of not only being my favorite Trek show but my favorite all time television show.

I just got the confirmation from a Netherlands' dealer that they will be carrying Exo-6' Star Trek figures, beginning with Data, in the very near future.

www.actionfiguren-shop.com

So Europe is starting to get distributed by Nanjin's company. I contacted more EU dealers and will come back here to let you know.

There were parts of Voyager i liked(Mainly Seven and the Doctor, purely based on their characters), and i'd welcome a Voyager-Era Doctor most of all(Like, he would be my high priority as a purchase), but i do accept that not everyone would want him.
I have a scratchbuilt holoemitter on my desk here at work that i had signed by Robert Picardo when i got a chance to chat with him for a bit at a modelling convention in Louisville.
There are parts of Voyager I do like. The Doctor is a great character. One of the best Trek characters actually in my opinion. Tuvok is okay. I like Seven of Nine, but she kind of took over the show when she came on board. Interesting character for the fact that she breaks free from the Borg Collective and aside from Hugh is the first to do so that we really get to know. Also I like the design of the Voyager itself. The Intrepid Class ship is kind of cool.

For me TOS is what I grew up with, which is funny because I was a kid in the nineties watching a show that was already old at that point. I just always really liked it though. A lot of the reason is the characters. That core dynamic of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy is so strong. Add in Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov and it’s a solid cast. Also really enjoyed the TOS movies.

TNG I didn’t like as much when I was young oddly. Even though it was more of my era. As time has gone on though do like it a lot and it’s one of my favorite shows. Possibly even like it slightly more than TOS now. I didn’t watch it as much as a kid, but I remember going to Generations in the theater with my dad, grandpa, uncle, and cousin. Probably why I have a soft spot for that movie.

DS9 and VOY I really didn’t watch much at all, but I do like DS9 quite a bit. VOY I don’t hate, but it just isn’t my favorite at all.

I quite like ENT and think that it’s underrated. In terms of being a prequel I think it works quite well. Obviously the aesthetics are different from TOS, but it still feels like an earlier set show. The technology isn’t quite there yet and the ship looks like an old submarine or Navy ship or something almost. It feels like an early, imperfect design. I also like most of the characters. Bakula as Captain Archer is pretty good. Also like T’Pol, Trip, and Phlox.

I actually don’t mind the 2009 Star Trek. It’s different, but got enough right that it worked for me. I didn’t care for Into Darkness, and truthfully I haven’t even seen Beyond yet despite the fact that I own it on Blu-ray.

The less said about Discovery and Picard the better.

Last edited:
It's funny, as I get older, I like TNG less and less, especially in the later seasons. It got way too preachy for me. TOS and their movies will always be my favorite.

There are parts of Voyager I do like. The Doctor is a great character. One of the best Trek characters actually in my opinion. Tuvok is okay. I like Seven of Nine, but she kind of took over the show when she came on board. Interesting character for the fact that she breaks free from the Borg Collective and aside from Hugh is the first to do so that we really get to know. Also I like the design of the Voyager itself. The Intrepid Class ship is kind of cool.

For me TOS is what I grew up with, which is funny because I was a kid in the nineties watching a show that was already old at that point. I just always really liked it though. A lot of the reason is the characters. That core dynamic of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy is so strong. Add in Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov and it?s a solid cast. Also really enjoyed the TOS movies.

TNG I didn?t like as much when I was young oddly. Even though it was more of my era. As time has gone on though do like it a lot and it?s one of my favorite shows. Possibly even like it slightly more than TOS now. I didn?t watch it as much as a kid, but I ......

The less said about Discovery and Picard the better.

Able to watch Generations with your own generations must be fun. If someday theres a Trek movie marathon at a Trek con, it could be really enjoyable (in trek uniforms of course [emoji6])

I didn't like Voyager, DS9, or even Ent until this year. (I don't like TNG S1 at all, still dont).

Voyager mainly because 7 showed up in Picard, and this gave me another look of Seven and of course, Janeway. With discussion with the younger Trek fans (late 20s to mid 30s), now I kind of understand why they love Janeway. She had a strong image of the 90s Single Parents. Seven is no longer a walking eye candy who kept telling the crew that carbon based humanoids were inferior. Seven has a soul now. The Voy eps which 7 dropped her first tear for ichab and her debut scene in STPicard secured her position in my Trekverse most favorite characters list.

Used to call DS9 Trek Boat (ST Love Boat), and care less with the Dominion War. After re watching DS9 this year, I found out Sisko said a lot of things that my grandpa told me when I was little about war. Sisko able to live with his discussion got me hooked on him. My grandpa spent the rest of his life self punishing himself for the right decisions that he made as a general but truly wrong as a human being. He couldn't live with his decisions like Sisko. He hold these pains with him till he die. Sisko won his place in my Trekverse.

Ent....as of today, I am still doing random watch of the series.

TOS is a no brainer. There's where this all started, and will be always at the top in all my lists.

My work style, and the team i built at Wynn were based on Picard and Enterprise D. TNG not just a favorite show, it was my work ethnic reference book.

We are all going to have our 1/6 Trek. I will be the one who has the most [emoji4] because I love Trek, including the bad Trek. So KTL fans don't need to lose hope. I am on to KTL too (confirmed sizable market among ladies in Asia)

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I would love to see a great figure of Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan, Eric Bana as Nero and Idris Elba as Krall. That trilogy had cool villains.

I can't quite wrap my head around why they don't set a series, not just an episode here and there, in the mirror universe. Its the one thing that hasn't been done to death.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

It's funny, as I get older, I like TNG less and less, especially in the later seasons. It got way too preachy for me. TOS and their movies will always be my favorite.

Yeah after recently doing a rewatch, TNG has gone down quite a bit in my mind as well. There were some truly great iconic episodes, but for the most part the writing was pretty stale and formulaic, and visually the show was just very dull to look at.

I loved the first season of VOY, but after that they started taking the premise far less seriously and it became another formulaic "alien of the week" show. And ENT felt tired and generic to me from the start.

The Kelvin movies and DSC I really enjoy watching, but are far more frenetic and fast-paced than I'd prefer for Trek.

So really just TOS and DS9 for me, thanks. :)

I can't quite wrap my head around why they don't set a series, not just an episode here and there, in the mirror universe. Its the one thing that hasn't been done to death.

I feel like it would get old after a while. Doing an episode here and there is a better approach with the Mirror Universe in my opinion.

I feel like it would get old after a while. Doing an episode here and there is a better approach with the Mirror Universe in my opinion.

I think i heard they are giving Michelle Yeoh a spin-off from Discovery, that would be in the mirror universe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority but I would love these three as a figure set.

Kirk,_Pike,_and_Spock.jpg

I would like a Jeffrey Hunter Captain Pike figure from The Cage. Might be too niche though seeing as he’s only in the original pilot episode (well and flashbacks in The Menagerie two parter, which is just footage from The Cage).

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

The Yeoh spinoff is not set in the mirror universe to my understanding.

The blurred face in the EXO production photos looks more like Pike than Kirk to me. I mean its probably Kirk but \_(ツ)_/ why not start unfounded rumors

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

The Yeoh spinoff is not set in the mirror universe to my understanding.

The blurred face in the EXO production photos looks more like Pike than Kirk to me. I mean its probably Kirk but \_(ツ)_/ why not start unfounded rumors

You?re right, i just looked it up.

I guess i made that up based on the events in Discovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like a Jeffrey Hunter Captain Pike figure from The Cage. Might be too niche though seeing as he’s only in the original pilot episode (well and flashbacks in The Menagerie two parter, which is just footage from The Cage).

Yeah I'd absolutely love a Hunter Pike, but agree it might be a risky figure to make given how little we saw of him. An Anson Mount version would probably sell a lot better these days given how fresh he is in people's minds and how excited people are about the spinoff (and of course I'd love to have that figure too). :)

I’ll only buy an Anson Mount Captain Pike figure if I see and like Strange New Worlds when it eventually premieres. He may be one of the best parts of Discovery, but that’s not saying much.

I?ll only buy an Anson Mount Captain Pike figure if I see and like Strange New Worlds when it eventually premieres. He may be one of the best parts of Discovery, but that?s not saying much.

All the shows are run by the same people with the same ideology. They are and will always be garbage until they are replaced.

Back