EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously there are a number of reasons companies don't announce releases schedules & timetables, but it would be helpful. Weta for example have just announced 3 Dark Crystal statues & a diorama from LOTR, totaling almost £2000 and they will all be released within months of each other. It is a nightmare to choose what to buy especially limited editions
Maximize profit and minimize risk. When all the fishes are in the net (pre-order) then produce this amount + X amount of extra. Is like knowing the future! Plus, a secured Account Receivable. If aggressive enough, use AR to secure a quick money loan to invest in some quick return production or other investments.

If I do it this way, I can roll out 5x my initial capital investment (use 200k like 1 mill) but I will also eventually give up Trek and move on.

No schedule is like I have the call. You follow. I control the situation. I decide according to my decision. No complaints.

Then there is this industry wide attitude, on-time is something to cheer, and late is something understandable because you can't do anything

I know they will all demand their own attention! However, I have my display in our living room, and can't add another detolf. Only one shelf is currently for Star Trek, so my top choice is Data & Picard from TNG.

I could imagine rotating my figures and sometimes using three side-by-side detolf shelfves to recreate part of the TNG bridge, with Worf behind Captain Picard's chair and the walnut wooden arch, Riker and Ro on the left, and Troi & Data on the right. My detolfs are actually arranged in a corner with each one facing 45 degrees from the other, so it would suite the bridge well.
When I used to have a home and my own office, I rotate the displays every 2-3 weeks.

After Sept/Oct, the main lines will have their schedules.
If the schedules are known in advance is it possible to do something like a subscription to guarantee that we get them all without worrying? Something like a TOS subscription or Captains subscription? It might be more work than it is worth on your end.

Another question, on the small run figures will you be putting in buying limits or measures to prevent flippers and bots from buying the bulk of the figures to sell on eBay? This may not be an issue with Trek but I have seen it in other lines like NECA Ninja Turtles and the Target exclusive GI Joe figures where they sell out instantly only to be put up on eBay with huge markup.

In the end I have full confidence with you at the helm doing the best that you can for us fans while making sure the line can run and be successful for the full 5 years.

Robed Vulcans?! Jesus. Nanjin, you are about to show every action figure company how it's done. It's like you're basically assuring us we are gonna get EVERYBODY and I am super hyped. Can't wait to see what's announced first.

On another note- Data is still in Shenzhen. Hasn’t moved since the 24th. Wonder how long the outbreak will slow down the mail service.

On another note- Data is still in Shenzhen. Hasn’t moved since the 24th. Wonder how long the outbreak will slow down the mail service.
Dare say it will be a while. I’m sure they’re trying fast. Hopefully everyone stays safe and our Data’s arrive safe and sound. On the plus, it potentially means the time between Data and Picard arriving might be reduced. :)

Many figures, for collectors like me... that's exciting!!
I'd like to see your figures now... all of them... the captains and everything.
When I get Mr. Ears -- I can make him do anything -- whirl around, laugh... anything.

In terms of secondary/supporting/iconic characters, if you could only choose one figure to be made from each series who would it be?

TOS - The Gorn
TNG - Q
DS9 - Garak
VOY - ?
Ent - Shran
DISCO - Harry Mudd
Picard ?
SNW ?
TOS movies - Khan (although Chang would be a very close 2nd)
TNG movies - Borg Queen
KTL - Jayla

I would buy the obvious villains like The Gorn Captain, Khan (movie version since I’ve got the TOS one), and Q. Maybe Lore would be another good one that would also be easy.

Last edited:
Nanjin, I have a question about Saavik. With Wrath of Khan figures, would she be considered crew or an offshoot figure? Technically, she was crew of the Enterprise, but I wanted to check.

EXO-6 1/6 Trek figures have height differences. Taller doesn't mean bigger chest or biceps.

Average 1 inches difference in 1/6 scale is about slightly more than 4mm.

Not very noticeable unless you look at the figure at eye level. Nevertheless, we will include the differences accordingly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-084435_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-084435_Gallery.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20210627-084559_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-084559_OneDrive.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 129
They really nailed her likeness in fairness. I think both her and maybe Seven and the Doctor are being announced soon.

Putting my request in for Chakotay, Paris, Tuvok, Torres and Kim here too. Love that crew's chemistry.

Back