EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of retailers still have him. Hunt about.
You are right of course. I think part of my issue is a mentality that I've got to break myself of around these figures. The only time prior to tmp Kirk I've ordered a figure that was at all hard to get was the never-produced 2nd run of QMx Scotty and Sulu from BBTS. Not BBTS fault..they can't give me a figure that wasn't made... but it created this thought that if it's rare, a third party pre-order doesn't guarantee you anything, and it's one of the reasons I vastly prefer direct ordering. It feels safer from a "yes you'll get your figure" pov to me now, and if I use sideshow or somebody else it feels more like a 50/50 thing.

As I said... I'm mental :)

Yes demand will be higher, but we don't know how many they plan to make for WOK. I assume these TMP figures are much more limited. It might balance out to not be so crazy.

Just in the span of time it took me to take my son to the doctor, Spock was sold out. It's just disheartening to know that I've nearly got to sit and spin on exos site until the minute of release to get a figure. Sucks the fun out...
I don’t know…they announced the exact date and time that it would be on sale in advance…at that point, one either puts it on their calendar, sets a reminder, and plans to buy it at that time, or they don’t and then they don’t get it…not really sure what’s so awful about that…

I don’t know…they announced the exact date and time that it would be on sale in advance…at that point, one either puts it on their calendar, sets a reminder, and plans to buy it at that time, or they don’t and then they don’t get it…not really sure what’s so awful about that…
Not only that, but it took over an hour to sell out after that.

This wasn't a Sideshow Endgame Stealth Suit Cap debacle of people failing to check out, the site falling over and them being evasive about quantities.

It was advertised as limited, an exact time & date was given, it didn't sell out on the dot and is still available from other retailers.

The timings don't affect me, but I do have some empathy. It was released at 9am on a work day, East Coast, and 12, West. People work, have kids to take places etc, and not everyone can access a computer during those times. If you don't have someone to sit at a screen with Paypal details for you, the only other option is a retailer. I'd much rather go direct, so can understand some frustration. However, Nanjin clearly picked 9am taking into account the whole world and not just the US.

Well, my wife just showed me she ordered Kolinahr Spock from EE. Floored me. Should be shipping in February. Never had a problem with EE in the past so that's incredible. Actually quite a shock and relief! :oops::eek::LOL:

Last edited:
So it looks like it was up for instant purchase for about 1.5 hours. Does that sound about right?
Maybe that means that TWOK Spock and Kirk may only be available for half an hour to 45 min.
since those will likely be more in demand.
Isn’t the situation that TMP he made a set amount (no one but the almighty knows what that number is) that are premade and ready to go. Whereas “preorders” are manufactured after the preorders are placed and at least that many are made and guaranteed to those who have placed a deposit.

Plenty of retailers still have him. Hunt about.
Retailers have them up for what they are calling “preorder”. They don’t have them currently in hand. It will be interesting to see if they get the allotment they think ( hope) they were alloted. Cotswold Collectibles have already admitted to to misunderstanding they had regarding the Admiral Kirk figure.

Retailers have them up for what they are calling “preorder”. They don’t have them currently in hand. It will be interesting to see if they get the allotment they think ( hope) they were alloted. Cotswold Collectibles have already admitted to to misunderstanding they had regarding the Admiral Kirk figure.
Yes, I know.

I hope they do TWOK figures in both a basic and deluxe version. I don’t need Spock’s warp core thing. But I want to display Kirk in the basic uniform with the book and also with the winter jacket.

Well, my wife just showed me she ordered Kolinahr Spock from EE. Floored me. Should be shipping in February. Never had a problem with EE in the past so that's incredible. Actually quite a shock and relief! :oops::eek::LOL:
Still in stock at EXO-6 and you can have it in 21 days instead!

Back