EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know…they announced the exact date and time that it would be on sale in advance…at that point, one either puts it on their calendar, sets a reminder, and plans to buy it at that time, or they don’t and then they don’t get it…not really sure what’s so awful about that…
Well, sometimes, even if you plan, you can't be available.

I'm not saying it's some sort of debacle. I'm not trying to say Exo-6 is awful, or "how can they do this to me?!" The world doesn't work around mine or anyone else's schedule.

Fundamentally, to some people 1.5 hours is a lot of time... more than enough if you really wanted one... to others it isn't.

Mine was really an expression of fatigue with having to hit what I consider to be relatively tight timing windows to get something (not just exo figs), and knowing that its likely to be more the norm in the future with Exo for the non standard crew. Yes, this is nothing compared to say, a PS5, but that doesnt mean because you missed it you didnt want it, or that it hadn't been on your mind for days beforehand.

It doesn't matter what i think of it though, it's just the way it goes...like it or lump it, as they say, and the disappointment will abate.

Now comes the part where i try to convince myself it was a good thing. Both my Kirk and Spock are pre-ordered at Sideshow, so i probably have a good chance of getting both or neither, which for me is probably best. Having one and not the other would more likely drive me to some scalper in the future.

I forgot and missed it from EXO-6, but was able to use rewards points and get it cheaper through Sideshow. The wait will be longer, but I'm not as hyped for Spock as I was for Kirk.

I don’t know…they announced the exact date and time that it would be on sale in advance…at that point, one either puts it on their calendar, sets a reminder, and plans to buy it at that time, or they don’t and then they don’t get it…not really sure what’s so awful about that…
For me to pre-order the TWOK figures in peace after having purchased this TMP Spock, I will have to tie up the wife and stick her in the closet while I do the pre-orders. The reason for the closet is because I prefer not to put a muzzle on her mouth. She'll be yelling and cursing but since she'll be in the closet the volume of her protestations will be muffled. :LOL:

With news of another COVID outbreak in China, did Nanjin ever indicate, what, if anything, they did to workaround it? I thought I remember someone saying he was looking into that.

I hope they do TWOK figures in both a basic and deluxe version. I don’t need Spock’s warp core thing. But I want to display Kirk in the basic uniform with the book and also with the winter jacket.
I could skip the warp core bit too as with space limitations the only diorama accessories which make sense are the chairs.

That said I think the deluxe version of TWOK Spock will likely depend on what else he comes with vs the more basic version.

For Kirk, McCoy and Saavik the jackets will be in the bigger version so it’s a no brainer… I’m almost tempted to get 2 Kirk’s to have them permanently in the regular uniform and the landing party jacket but I’m sure I won’t by the time he goes up for order.

I could skip the warp core bit too as with space limitations the only diorama accessories which make sense are the chairs.

That said I think the deluxe version of TWOK Spock will likely depend on what else he comes with vs the more basic version.

For Kirk, McCoy and Saavik the jackets will be in the bigger version so it’s a no brainer… I’m almost tempted to get 2 Kirk’s to have them permanently in the regular uniform and the landing party jacket but I’m sure I won’t by the time he goes up for order.
Same. If that happens (big "if") and a basic Cpt Spock is the same as the deluxe minus warp core display pieces and radiation mittens, then I'll definitely get a basic. Just want the figure and head sculpts, but now that I think of it I really don't need a radiated Spock head that I'd probably never display.

Attachments

• BB922577-58B0-48E6-994B-E2867D750A2D.png
    BB922577-58B0-48E6-994B-E2867D750A2D.png
    680.8 KB · Views: 0
Yep…plenty of options for people who want to purchase these figures…for any US customer, ordering directly from Exo 6 is a quick and painless process…can’t speak for the rest of the world, but once again, there seem to be a lot of available options.

Does anyone have a tracking number for Spock? I thought that Nanjin said they would all ship within 15 hours or some such. I’ve got nothing…

Last edited:
Yep…plenty of options for people who want to purchase these figures…for any US customer, ordering directly from Exo 6 is a quick and painless process…can’t speak for the rest of the world, but once again, there seem to be a lot of available options.
It seems like EXO-6 has not done a good job communicating the difference between their immediate purchase and pre-order figures to their partners.

It seems like EXO-6 has not done a good job communicating the difference between their immediate purchase and pre-order figures to their partners.
It does sound like some kinks needs to be worked out because you sure don’t want to lose retailers or potential customers but it might not be EXO’s fault. If EXO gave Sideshow a specific know allotment amount then the fault would not be EXO’s it would be Sideshow’s. Not saying that is the case but it very well could be. What seems to be true is that some retailers buying from Sideshow were given a certain time frame to place their orders (my guess is that timeframe was provided to them by Sideshow) for Kirk (and sounds like Spock) but before that time frame had expired Sideshow’s allotment of Kirks was already sold out and they could not place their order through Sideshow.

Back