EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do have to admit, a Spock death scene would make for a cool display option.
I hope he makes it a for those (the majority of Trek collectors) who want to spend the extra jack on that kind of "scene building." My displays are more minimal, highlighting the figure/sculpt itself and not a tiny diorama, so I don't need all the accessories. But this is all conjecture and if I had to bet Cpt Spock will be one offering only, with whatever that entails.

It does sound like some kinks needs to be worked out because you sure don’t want to lose retailers or potential customers but it might not be EXO’s fault. If EXO gave Sideshow a specific know allotment amount then the fault would not be EXO’s it would be Sideshow’s. Not saying that is the case but it very well could be. What seems to be true is that some retailers buying from Sideshow were given a certain time frame to place their orders (my guess is that timeframe was provided to them by Sideshow) for Kirk (and sounds like Spock) but before that time frame had expired Sideshow’s allotment of Kirks was already sold out and they could not place their order through Sideshow.
Yeah, admittedly I'm still getting my hands around how this supply chain works. For me personally, ordering through EXO-6, while a bit more expensive, is off-set by earlier delivery. But if I miss out on an immediate purchase figure, I think I would want to go to BBTS next because it seems they are not reliant on Sideshow. It seems like BBTS has one less step in the chain to get screwed up.

It does sound like some kinks needs to be worked out because you sure don’t want to lose retailers or potential customers but it might not be EXO’s fault. If EXO gave Sideshow a specific know allotment amount then the fault would not be EXO’s it would be Sideshow’s. Not saying that is the case but it very well could be. What seems to be true is that some retailers buying from Sideshow were given a certain time frame to place their orders (my guess is that timeframe was provided to them by Sideshow) for Kirk (and sounds like Spock) but before that time frame had expired Sideshow’s allotment of Kirks was already sold out and they could not place their order through Sideshow.
I agree, retailers will just take the information from their suppliers and only those who are dealing with Nanjin directly or have an interest in these figures themselves as a collector may actually know the difference between these two figures and their past releases.

I'd say it was SS acting like it was a regular PO which messed that retailers plans up - with next years promise of releases being a mix of traditional PO's (if yet having shorter windows) and immediate figure drops its going to be really confusing for retailers who unlike us aren't paying attention to all the announcements on a daily basis.

We know what lane(s) we are in where as the retailers are trying to cover all of the lanes that all of us and weaving in and out of... I'm glad I'm not a collectible retailer!

Technically, Isn't Exo-6 still considered to be a comparatively smaller company? I think that could account for how their products are being sold and distributed at the moment. I think in time, with continued growth and success, the kinks will be worked out. Personally, I kind of like ordering direct.

Perhaps Sideshow just sold the figures alloted to other vendors, themselves. Wouldn't be the first time Sideshow sold allotted figures of someone else's....qmx Sulu & Scotty spring to mind

The inside information I’ve received from a US retailer is that Sideshow limits stock allotments on EVERYTHING they hold distribution rights to (Hot Toys being the one most heavily restricted), so they can get the majority of sales. This is why so much product sells out or goes to wait list quickly at other retailers.

Perhaps Sideshow just sold the figures alloted to other vendors, themselves. Wouldn't be the first time Sideshow sold allotted figures of someone else's....qmx Sulu & Scotty spring to mind

The inside information I’ve received from a US retailer is that Sideshow limits stock allotments on EVERYTHING they hold distribution rights to (Hot Toys being the one most heavily restricted), so they can get the majority of sales. This is why so much product sells out or goes to wait list quickly at other retailers.

Kirk is still up at Popcultcha so I can only hope they get theirs.

Well, I stand corrected. I really didn’t think folk would throw down this kind of cash but there it is :O

Attachments

• 04587A41-E098-4BBD-8F93-4A57D4CBD4A9.jpeg
    04587A41-E098-4BBD-8F93-4A57D4CBD4A9.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 0
Received my shipping notice for TMP Spock. Looking forward to posting on Ebay for $100K... :wink1:

But seriously, was the Bones pre-order date announced already? I can't recall.

Received my shipping notice for TMP Spock. Looking forward to posting on Ebay for $100K... :wink1:

But seriously, was the Bones pre-order date announced already? I can't recall.
Nope. Seems like he'll be a ltlle way off. At one point, I thought Nanjin hinted at a couple of months, but not sure.

Back