EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering if TMP Spock will go up for order this week or next week.

I thought I heard my new Admiral Kirk saying, "we need him, I need him" :)

2 weeks since Kirk went up for sale and a fair few collectors have him in hand already. Let's just take a moment to realise how incredible this is, not only because of the usual wait time in the 1/6th market, but also the logistics of getting these shipped out during China's strick covid lockdowns.
Hopefully Spock will be soon...maybe in time for Christmas?

I am wondering if TMP Spock will go up for order this week or next week.

I thought I heard my new Admiral Kirk saying, "we need him, I need him" :)
I feel like it’s going to be next week at this point. We would have gotten some kind of a notification by now.

I feel like it’s going to be next week at this point. We would have gotten some kind of a notification by now.
Nanjin indicated early this week, then changed it to 2 weeks from Kirk. He's also said he'll only give less than 24hr notice to the start of ordering. So, even if he does the heads-up today, ordering won't be until tomorrow.

Facebook post reply from Nanjin yesterday.

Good. Gives me more time to save :lol

And he didn't even say early, just "maybe following week".

Nanjin just posted "Kolinahr Spock production samples are on their way".

Last edited:
Amazed that my Kirk arrived today…as others have pointed out, for the figure to show up a couple of weeks ago and reach me in Orlando so soon is miraculous! It really makes Hot Toys seem like they are in the dark ages as you see preorders for Q4 2023 going up and you know that the earliest those figures will ship is Q2 2024…

Admiral Kirk has arrived! Beautiful figure honestly. Any doubts I had were dispelled when I opened the box.

Presentation in terms of the packaging is superb and classy. The figure is very basic but what I expected.

My biggest complaint with these figures is the stands. I just don’t really care for them. They eat a lot of shelf space and are awkward when you have multiple figures on a shelf.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This figure may be the best thing to come along since I heard Shatner cussing in that very earnest-sounding Admiral Kirk voice. :giggle:

Yeah I'm still not loving the stands either. The transporter idea is a good one, but the execution just isn't working for me and they come across a bit cheap and nowhere near as classy as the figures deserve.

Yeah I'm still not loving the stands either. The transporter idea is a good one, but the execution just isn't working for me and they come across a bit cheap and nowhere near as classy as the figures deserve.
I'm glad I am not the only one who thought they look cheap. I wasn't a fan of all the plastic.

I've been looking about for inspration on smaller stands. Something a little better than generic ones, but not as bulky as what's supplied.

Going to try a waist-grabber and see if it hides well under the tunic. The fabric is thin, so guessing it won't. Don't really like crotch-grabber stands.

I’m honestly tempted to just forgo stands. My QMX Trek figures are actually all free standing. I just worry about knocking them over by accident.

I agree the transporter stands are a good idea but not only are awkward but a bit chintzy. I often feel like I’m going to break the clear topper (actually one of the pegs on one them did break off but it’s not too noticeable).

I buy those thin metal stands so that my entire collection has the same stand type. All of the branded stands out there take away from the figure's presentation imo.

Personally I'd be happy with just a series of simple black stands like the kind Coco offers. I think that would fit these figures much better.

I also think some name plates would help class things up as well.

FB_IMG_1669927515326_1.jpg

Back