EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone has advertised a Kirk and Spock set for sale on the Star Trek Motion Picture Appreciation Facebook group. Dread to think how much he wants.

How long does shipping usually take to the USA If purchased directly from EXO-6? My figure says shipped on 1/11 with an estimated arrival on 1/28.

How long does shipping usually take to the USA If purchased directly from EXO-6? My figure says shipped on 1/11 with an estimated arrival on 1/28.
Sounds about right. Fastest I got a figure direct from Exo was just over 1 week, but usually they take 2-2.5 weeks.

Admiral Kirk body modification.
IMO, Kirk came in a little tall and I also feel some other proportions need adjusting. The neck needed to come down and his legs shortened. This was a tricky one. Exo-6 Sulu legs & waist. Asmus Legolas chest rig and arms. The arms have a taper to them that mimics Shatner’s limbs a bit better. Kept the rubber chest overlay, cutting the neck off. Kirk neck peg, modified to fit. Kirk padding…really well done, helping replicate a certain physique. Neck plug removed, new hole created ti fit on peg.
B3B7F7DA-7301-4402-BC0E-806C23072052.jpeg
3E3562ED-5DE9-41BB-BAB2-B1A0CB8305C1.jpeg
565F27E5-BFF4-4C96-BCB0-4B24B904D5DE.jpeg
DC7B0BF5-3C99-4BB2-9171-6291A42F2552.jpeg
69A31FD2-B2E5-4E9B-8290-B7ED5E76882F.jpeg

Last edited:
IMO, Kirk came in a little tall and I also feel some other proportions need adjusting. The neck needed to come down and his legs shortened. This was a tricky one. Exo-6 Sulu legs & waist. Asmus Legolas chest rig and arms. The arms have a taper to them that mimics Shatner’s limbs a bit better. Kept the rubber chest overlay, cutting the neck off. Kirk neck peg, modified to fit. Kirk padding…really well done, helping replicate a certain physique. Neck plug removed, new hole created ti fit on peg.
View attachment 618183View attachment 618184View attachment 618185View attachment 618186View attachment 618187
How do people come up with these recipes? I can't even find compatible necks for any of my female figures.

View attachment 618183View attachment 618184View attachment 618185View attachment 618186View attachment 618187
Do you have any pic's of before and after the modified head and body?
Thank you!

Do you have any pic's of before and after the modified head and body?
Thank you!
I didn’t use any of Kirk’s original body. It has the same arms, legs and torso as Spock (the torso is the same on most male exo figures), with a shorter (sulu sized) waist. An odd choice, but I imagine the reason is so Kirk will look good in the chair.
I made a clean cut and took the neck plug off and dremeled a hole in the remaining rubber to fit snugly on the neck peg.
Original Kirk body:
42CD0845-C863-404D-AB23-AE003C62D699.jpeg

So 24 spares of Kirk get put up for sale but I can't get mine that was ordered on day one that has a defect exchanged? I never even got a reply from Exo-6 from the couple of emails I sent. I was told in the general discussion thread that "Nanjin can't get another one, and his Kirk has a smudge on the white part of his uniform. There are no more to replace and defects with."

Last edited:
So 24 spares of Kirk get put up for sale but I can't get mine that was ordered on day one that has a defect exchanged? I never even got a reply from Exo-6 from the couple of emails I sent. I was told in the general discussion thread that "Nanjin can't get another one, and his Kirk has a smudge on the white part of his uniform. There are no more to replace and defects with."
What’s wrong with it?

I'd love a couple but the postage to the UK is crazy.
Yep. And import duty. Would fit in a small envelope. $25 is not too bad for the time involved. I have a 3D printer, so the actual part is pennies, but decals would take some time to get right, hence that price.

Yep. And import duty. Would fit in a small envelope. $25 is not too bad for the time involved. I have a 3D printer, so the actual part is pennies, but decals would take some time to get right, hence that price.
Maybe when a few more of my custom figures are complete I will invest in some props. I stole wrist communicators off the 7" figures.

Back