EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by all the responses to his post, you'd be unlikely to snag one anyway. 24 went in 30 seconds last time.

Seems like he's saying he will scrap TMP entirely. It's a shame. I would've bought one. TWOK with have to surfice.

Mind you, Nanjin is also claiming a quality 3D print of the chair would cost $1000 which is utter rubbish. I have a resin printer, and a large print like that would probably set me back ten to twenty bucks. Then time to paint etc.

There are plenty of TMP chair files online to purchase. I just haven't looked into how accurate they are. That's the thing with Nanjin, you'd know the EXO-6 version would have been almost perfect, even with scaling trade-off.
He is a bit of a perfectionist, whereas I think most of us are willing to trade perfection for practicalities. It isn't clear if this is any TMP chair or just the TMP chair with bridge but since he mentions only TWoK when answering questions, possibly both. Most likely he will go back to his original plan which was TWoK flooring with a choice of two cushions for each movie. Most collectors would be willing to accept that I think. I could live quite happily with a TWoK chair if it comes to that as long as I have the TMP backdrop.

Seems like he's saying he will scrap TMP entirely. It's a shame. I would've bought one. TWOK with have to surfice.
I never understood a chair for TMP because these figures were supposed to represent how each character looked the first time they returned to the Enterprise. Kirk was purposely head sculpted to reflect the joy he had returning to the Enterprise when he standing in the shuttle pod. Franky, he'd look pretty stupid sitting in a chair with that bemused expression.

I also think they shot themselves in the foot with a TMP chair by making these figures so limited. I'm not sure what percentage of people that buy a figure buy the chair that is supposed to go along with them, but I bet its pretty low and a lower percentage of a limited run like TMP probably didn't make it feasible.

I never understood a chair for TMP because these figures were supposed to represent how each character looked the first time they returned to the Enterprise. Kirk was purposely head sculpted to reflect the joy he had returning to the Enterprise when he standing in the shuttle pod. Franky, he'd look pretty stupid sitting in a chair with that bemused expression.

I also think they shot themselves in the foot with a TMP chair by making these figures so limited. I'm not sure what percentage of people that buy a figure buy the chair that is supposed to go along with them, but I bet its pretty low and a lower percentage of a limited run like TMP probably didn't make it feasible.
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that. Two very good observations :clap

If I remember correctly, Kirk never sat in the TMP chair in his Admiral's uniform. By the time the ship left spacedock, he had changed into the grey uniform.

Actually, the TMP chair would suit a TWOK Khan, since the original Enterprise chairs were used for the Reliant.

Truthfully I’m not super upset over the TMP chair being cancelled. Not exactly a necessity, especially since we’re going to get the version from TWOK.

Realistically I’m not sure how many chairs I want or will purchase. Already have the TOS one by QMX. Enterprise E one is on pre-order. I’ll probably get the one for TWOK and if an Enterprise D one is made I’ll likely get it too. Four already seems like a lot.

Last edited:
Truthfully I’m not super upset over the TMP chair being cancelled. Not exactly a necessity, especially since we’re going to get the version from TWOK.

Realistically I’m not sure how many chairs I want or will purchase. Already have the TOS one by QMX. Enterprise E one is on pre-order. I’ll probably get the one for TWOK and if an Enterprise D one is made I’ll likely get it too. Four already seems like a lot.
Yeah I won't really miss it either. Even if he includes swap out cushions for TMP I wouldn't be likely to use them, as I just think it would make for a much better display with the TWOK figures. And I'm too much of a stickler for film accuracy to have Kirk sitting in the chair with that TMP uniform.

I'm happy with screen plausible rather than screen accurate. Who knows when Kirk changed the cushion? ;-p

Last edited:
Nanjin posted on FB he'd come into another two dozen TMP Kirks he would sell privately - but the post has been taken down. Guess he found enough takers already. :confused:

They must ship in lots of 24.

Judging by all the responses to his post, you'd be unlikely to snag one anyway. 24 went in 30 seconds last time.

Mind you, Nanjin is also claiming a quality 3D print of the chair would cost $1000 which is utter rubbish. I have a resin printer, and a large print like that would probably set me back ten to twenty bucks. Then time to paint etc.

There are plenty of TMP chair files online to purchase. I just haven't looked into how accurate they are. That's the thing with Nanjin, you'd know the EXO-6 version would have been almost perfect, even with scaling trade-off.
Yeah you could probably print the whole bridge for under $1000 and with the smooth detailed resin too.

Yeah you could probably print the whole bridge for under $1000 and with the smooth detailed resin too.

There is a guy on Etsy and Ebay that offers a finished 1/6 TOS bridge sections. It is also lighted and looks gorgeous. I keep thinking about getting a few of the stations. Probably will once the TOS figures start shipping.

There is a guy on Etsy and Ebay that offers a finished 1/6 TOS bridge sections. It is also lighted and looks gorgeous. I keep thinking about getting a few of the stations. Probably will once the TOS figures start shipping.
I saw those! They are amazing as well as the animated screen. I know is it like $1000+ for the playmates size one and like 500 per section of the 1/6 one but if I can find 5 feet of spare room I would start buying it lol.

I saw those! They are amazing as well as the animated screen. I know is it like $1000+ for the playmates size one and like 500 per section of the 1/6 one but if I can find 5 feet of spare room I would start buying it lol.
Lol. I wondered if a custom built glass table with a shelf underneath would save space. Have to be a big table to avoid hitting your knees...

For TMP, I think I would have to settle just for the back wedge from the conn as far as the doors. Even taking it out as wide to the engineering and communications stations might be too wide for display.

I have two handmade bridge sections and a chair with lights from someone else. They're superb.

The problem with that Etsy shop, in my own opinion, is the sections are all 3D printed, so you get those terrible lines in everything. Still cool, but I paid not far off those prices from a proper model-maker with no FDM 3D printing.

Lol. I wondered if a custom built glass table with a shelf underneath would save space. Have to be a big table to avoid hitting your knees...

For TMP, I think I would have to settle just for the back wedge from the conn as far as the doors. Even taking it out as wide to the engineering and communications stations might be too wide for display.
I actually have the playmates sized bridge from him and did just that - built a coffee table with a glass top for display. It works really well and looks great, but I can’t imagine how big the table would have to be for 1/6 scale. I will probably end up getting the nav/helm console though once Chekov is released.

Finally received my TMP Spock today and yeah... the sculpt isn't working any better for me in hand. And he once again seems way too tall. But the outfit is great and the figure should still look nice enough in the collection.

Finally received my TMP Spock today and yeah... the sculpt isn't working any better for me in hand. And he once again seems way too tall. But the outfit is great and the figure should still look nice enough in the collection.
Interesting observation as most all here have been so complementary about the figure.

My one and only gripe with TMP Spock is that form certain angles his face can look a touch long/narrow, but when you find the RIGHT angle, the figure sings. Easily one of the best, if not THE best likenesses in the entire EXO line.

60548F82-DA07-4F64-A6D7-E53EFF6243D6.jpeg

Last edited:
My one and only gripe with TMP Spock is that form certain angles his face can look a touch long/narrow, but when you find the RIGHT angle, the figure sings. Easily one of the best, if not THE best likenesses in the entire EXO line.

Yes the right angle really brings out Nimoy quite well.

nim.jpg

I find his eyes are a fraction too small if the shadows fall wrong but I agree that it is the best likeness so far. I really like him.

Back