EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing who is supplied directly by EXO-6 is the key. The only two I think I'm aware of in the US are BBTS and Sideshow? Is that correct, and are there others?
Good to know… I have Locutus, Archer and Shran on order with BBTS currently.

It seemed to be a pretty open and known fact that this was a limited edition. Nanjin was explicitly clear on that.

Not everyone is hardcore enough to be following Nanjin on social media or communicating with him on forums.

In hindsight I shoulda ordered direct, but I took a chance on PC to save a few bucks and blew it.

There are still a few UK sellers offering “preorders”, hopefully they’re not in the same boat.

Last edited:
Not everyone is hardcore enough to be following Nanjin on social media or communicating with him on forums.

In hindsight I shoulda ordered direct, but I took a chance on PC to save a few bucks and blew it.

There are still a few UK sellers offering “preorders”, hopefully they’re not I the same boat.
As far as I'm aware, Planet Action Figures were the only direct stockists and they sold out quickly.

All the rest likely order from Sideshow or other third parties.

Spock came in today!
E77F7D7F-CAC5-4CD0-96C7-2766F332AE1B.jpeg

Without knowing the business or how things are done between manufacturers and retailers, it is easy to throw stones but difficult to accurately blame anyone. Nanjin is easier for some to blame since Exo-6 is newer and popcultcha has a longer and larger customer base. Kneejerk customer loyalty certainly playing a part in some of the vitriol I’ve seen on FB about this.

I would not be surprised if Nanjin made TMP McCoy an Exo-6 direct exclusive.

Btw, “Disco McCoy” has always been the nickname, but what do we think he will be named on the package? “Frontier Doctor”? “Reserve Activated McCoy”?
I like both “Frontier” and Reserve Activated”
Having recently rewatched the movie I can say that “Disco” could be used to describe any of the outfits McCoy is wearing in that movie.
So much collar…. so much chest…

So, are the TMP Kirk, Spock not being made anymore? I was waiting for those in particular.

So, are the TMP Kirk, Spock not being made anymore? I was waiting for those in particular.
Unfortunately, if you have not ordered either from a reliable source by now, you are probably looking at having to purchase both on the open market.

I think Nanjin thought TMP was unpopular and massively under produced them but TWOK will be available for pre-order.
I'm actually ok getting TWOK versions, they are great. Did he give a time frame for when those would be up for order through SS?

I'm actually ok getting TWOK versions, they are great. Did he give a time frame for when those would be up for order through SS?
He has returned to China to oversee production but has released no pre-order dates yet. It will be a significant window I expect.

I've read some of the criticisms of the Kirk figure having legs that were too long. Actually, it's his jacket that is too short, making the legs appear longer. In this screen shot, the bottom edge of the jacket hangs below the sleeves.

00913e8c967104a84f940bbfd6395cdb.jpg

The prototype is screen accurate as well.

admiral-james-t-kirk_star-trek_gallery_637401764b9bd__95692.1668709799.450.600.jpg

Unfortunately, the production version falls short (literally). The only way to rectify it, is to shorten the torso, but then you lose some of the overall height as well.

I've read some of the criticisms of the Kirk figure having legs that were too long. Actually, it's his jacket that is too short, making the legs appear longer. In this screen shot, the bottom edge of the jacket hangs below the sleeves.

00913e8c967104a84f940bbfd6395cdb.jpg

The prototype is screen accurate as well.

admiral-james-t-kirk_star-trek_gallery_637401764b9bd__95692.1668709799.450.600.jpg

Unfortunately, the production version falls short (literally). The only way to rectify it, is to shorten the torso, but then you lose some of the overall height as well.
Sounds like we need to do a group but form GeeWhiz or Yunsil to have it corrected

It would be interesting, if not impossible, to see the waitlist numbers and cancelled pre-orders to gauge how many people missed out on the TMP figures. It could suggest a potential market for a second small run. I would love a chance to get Kirk at a realistic price (not secondary market ones).

It would be interesting, if not impossible, to see the waitlist numbers and cancelled pre-orders to gauge how many people missed out on the TMP figures. It could suggest a potential market for a second small run. I would love a chance to get Kirk at a realistic price (not secondary market ones).
Nanjin is adamant that's not going to happen.

Back