EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's good to know. Anyone get him in-hand yet? Even one of those quick and dirty "crappy" reviews would do lol

It's too obviously fake though. Different strokes. For instance, I would have really dug if they gave us the "shaggy Spock", but "disco Bones" just seems silly to me.
Yeah of all the different McCoy figures we could have, this is at the very bottom of my list. Even below an old age TNG McCoy. But it does have a great sculpt and I suppose could be a unique one to have in the collection, so I'll have to get it anyway.

I’ll be getting the TMP McCoy just to complete the trio, but I feel like it’s a figure a lot of us don’t actually “want”.

It’s an odd choice for a figure in my opinion. Again I understand the idea Nanjin is going for but.. eh.

I have the Kirk and have ordered Spock, not sure if I will go for the Disco McCoy. IF we had been talking about Spock in grey duty uniform and McCoy in his white medical outfit then I would have been much more interested. I also really liked the look of the away team jacket from the end of the movie.

I have the Kirk and have ordered Spock, not sure if I will go for the Disco McCoy. IF we had been talking about Spock in grey duty uniform and McCoy in his white medical outfit then I would have been much more interested. I also really liked the look of the away team jacket from the end of the movie.
I sort of agree. But, the nice thing about this Spock, is that we saw him use the robe outside of TMP

Love that I will get to display a bearded McCoy! Could not be more excited about this figure!
Just goes to show that everyone connects with different things and you never know.
I remember seeing TMP as a child on TV for the first time and when McCoy showed up with the beard and civilian clothes, and looked so different, I knew that I wasn’t just watching a random episode of the TV show. That was a key Trek moment for me! Looking forward to having it immortalized on my shelf!

I'm ambivalent. I have a custom Rand so would just need a uniformed Scotty to complete the transporter scene. That said, my preference would be to display everyone in uniform on the bridge, so bearded McCoy may not be the best fit for that.

My current display…

Note to self…dust soon.
4D87D6D1-5072-473F-AD76-80DE646CBD5F.jpeg

Still, looks fantastic. That the pre-built version or you do it yourself?

Love that I will get to display a bearded McCoy! Could not be more excited about this figure!
Just goes to show that everyone connects with different things and you never know.
I remember seeing TMP as a child on TV for the first time and when McCoy showed up with the beard and civilian clothes, and looked so different, I knew that I wasn’t just watching a random episode of the TV show. That was a key Trek moment for me! Looking forward to having it immortalized on my shelf!
I’ve got similiar feelings. I watched TOS in first run as a kid and saw TMP in the movie theater the first week. I thought McCoy’s first appearance was quite an appropriate and funny scene. I never considered that he was in “Disco” garb. I thought he had retired from Starfleet and was a humble small town ”Country” doctor. He made me think of a Doc in a Western … Seems fans have taken to calling him “Disco McCoy” —- have taken a little of that mystique out of him. Although I’ve always been a Rock n’ Roller, I guess the movie came out in the Disco Era and I didn’t really notice anything so unusual in his outfit.

I wish I had the skills necessary to warrant buying one of those kits - every time I see someone post pictures of their 350 scale refit I get envious!

Space is obviously another issue but that besides the point.

Back