EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE: MARINE - Code Name: GUNG-HO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE - Bazooka Soldier - Code Name: Zap

The biggest problem is that for every "official" Sideshow release it always ends up costing you more to "upgrade" and customize to make them look just right. Even something as simple as a body swap from the Pro will cost you more. Kitbashing the greenshirts is the most viable option.

I didn't have to upgrade Falcon or Rock 'n' Roll. :huh

As far as the bodies and head paint apps go, that's a bummer but it's something that's unavoidable when they continually do QC upgrades to an existing line.

Next round!!!

Not a fan favorite, but blways liked the colors of Tollbooth. I tweaked my old custom with a ACI body, new vest and the Thomas Jane knock-off head.

tollbooth_1.jpg

tollbooth_2.jpg

tollbooth_3.jpg

tollbooth_4.jpg

tollbooth_5.jpg

tollbooth_6.jpg

tollbooth_7.jpg

tollbooth_8.jpg

Hawk!! I decided to keep the brown hair since the General version is the prefered look of the character. I did a mockup of sillver webgear, but it just didn't look right in this scale, so I went with a light olive drabish color. I made the webgear using SS's as a template and made his holster and alterations to the pouches and such. I'll prolly make a laptop so he can control his Missile System.

hawkgs1.jpg

hawkgs2.jpg

hawkgs3.jpg

hawkgs4.jpg

hawkgs6.jpg

hawkgs7.jpg

hawkgs8.jpg

Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE - Missile Commander - Code Name: Hawk

Missles...or fail. :lol!

Looks great. Still can't believe how much this sculpt looks like my brother.

That pic of Tollbooth about to hit the trooper with his sledge hammer is insane! Reminds me of Braveheart when William Wallace beats the ***** out of the English soldier with the war hammer / mallet.

Hawk looks awesome. I'm tempted to do that to mine. Tollbooth looks like he's on steroids lol

That Hawk is incredible. I am at work on a damned slow connection so the pics of tollbooth never showed up. I'll check those out when I get back to the room.

Did I understand correctly that you made the web gear?

Are you kidding me? These green shirts are bad ass! :rock Love Toll Booth too. I played with the Bridge Layer non stop as a kid.

Great Tollbooth upgrade! I like Greenshirt Hawk too! So dang cool...

This thread is sooooooooooooo epic... T_____T

That looks great, nice set of custom joes you got there, love the pic with all three together and the one with tollbooth high fiving rock and roll after sledgehammering that trooper:rock

Also I like Zap the most. Greatly balanced visually.

Greenshirts looks awesome together! :rock

LOVE the Tollbooth!

Badass work, E!!!

Tollbooth looks tough, I dig it :cool:

Greenshirt Hawk is awesome, loved that figure as a kid. Tollbooth turned out great as well, but I never like the figure.

I would start making my own Greenshirts, but I have no idea if Sideshow was going to make any of the others like RnR, and I prefer only having one representation of each character on the shelf.

Greenshirt Hawk is awesome, loved that figure as a kid. Tollbooth turned out great as well, but I never like the figure.

I would start making my own Greenshirts, but I have no idea if Sideshow was going to make any of the others like RnR, and I prefer only having one representation of each character on the shelf.

I know what you mean, I have the same issue, so I just find a new place for them to sit.

Thanks peps!!!

Did I understand correctly that you made the web gear?

Yea, the pad itself is the SS one, but painted it and re-sewed new belts, straps and buckles to it, the leg pouch and made the holster from scratch. Fun stuff. :lol

Make em. I don't see SS making peps like Grand Slam, Steeler or Clutch. I've got all the GS in the works and would say they average no more than $70. Just fabricate from stuff that is already out there.

Damn EF that greenshirt Hawk is the shiznit. I'd love to see him posed next to the MMS like the box art. Bring on some Short Fuse and Flash!

mms_box.jpg

Last edited:
Back