EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE: MARINE - Code Name: GUNG-HO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE - Bazooka Soldier - Code Name: Zap

Green shirt Zap is fantastic.

EVILFACE is the vintage Joe connoisseur :rock

Dig the update SB. Looks better on the new body also.

Well done good sir.

Thank ya. Yea yea I like vintageness. :rock :rock

reen shirt Zap is fantastic.

EVILFACE is the vintage Joe connoisseur :rock

Dig the update SB. Looks better on the new body also.

Well done good sir.

Thank ya. Yea yea I like vintageness. :rock :rock

zap is excellent. the shot of the Sb taking the cobra by the neck is epic. love your SB figure.

Thanks!!

Zap looks better than I ever thought a figure of him could! :clap

Dig the Steel Brigade upgrades too. I may have to grab some of those Z-Fett gloves.

Thanks. Can't wait to finish the rest of the group.

AWESOME!

ZAP was one of very first 1:18 JOEs I got (the other being BREAKER).

This is not a criticism, but I thought a modern interpretation of ZAP would utilize a bigger anti-tank gun?

I went with a vintage style. I don't think the Greenshirts need to be mondernized. Need to add a second handle for it.

Zap looks better than I ever thought a figure of him could! :clap

Dig the Steel Brigade upgrades too. I may have to grab some of those Z-Fett gloves.

I have 2 Boba Fett hands. They are the left and right trigger fingers, you can always paint them black. Im not using them Pm your address and they are yours if you want them.

Great job on Zap!:clap I like how you tried to match up the coloring with the 1983 figure!

Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE - Infantry Trooper

I'll start it off with a Greenshirt, who are the very foundation of GIJoe. And who better to kick off with than Grunt!

I wanted the original look of course but in style with the current SS offerings.

grunt1.jpg

grunt2.jpg

grunt3.jpg

grunt8.jpg

grunt4.jpg

grunt7.jpg

This is awesome:clap:clap:clap I love grunt and I'm planing a the same style custom as yours. I ordered the parts yesterday, I saw a head by x-toys that I'm using for my bash that to me screams grunt. Great custom really like the running pose, its looks like it came right off the cardback:)

Great job on Zap!:clap I like how you tried to match up the coloring with the 1983 figure!

Thanks. The color is pretty close, a bit more green than the orignal figure, but it works.

God damn, you're knocking these greenshirts out of the park, E! :rock Zap looks fantastic!

Great looking greenshirts!

:rock

This is awesome:clap:clap:clap I love grunt and I'm planing a the same style custom as yours. I ordered the parts yesterday, I saw a head by x-toys that I'm using for my bash that to me screams grunt. Great custom really like the running pose, its looks like it came right off the cardback:)

Thanks. Grunt is the foundation of the Greenshirts!

Love this shot. Really reminds me of the card art.

zap11backfront.jpg

That is what I was going for. :yess:

I like how your Grunt resembles Michael Ironsides a bit. This has me reeeeeeeeeally hoping Sideshow does the greenshirts. :pray:

On one hand I'd say the greenshirts are right up Sideshow's alley: lazy recycled figures and parts with little effort on their part to make. On the other hand I wouldn't want to pay the $140+ they are charging for Joes now when they are so easy to bash for less than half the cost of an "official" release as perfectly demonstrated by EF's excellent bashes.

On one hand I'd say the greenshirts are right up Sideshow's alley: lazy recycled figures and parts with little effort on their part to make. On the other hand I wouldn't want to pay the $140+ they are charging for Joes now when they are so easy to bash for less than half the cost of an "official" release as perfectly demonstrated by EF's excellent bashes.

I'd pay a Rock 'n' Roll price for every greenshirt SSC released, so long as they came with the same quality, same amount of gear, the same body and two headsculpts.

$70 for each GS is about right give or take a few. And while I too would like official releases, I don't think we will see any more Greenshirts from SS, maybe a Breaker. RnR was unique among that group. We will prolly see their 85/86 counterparts like Bazooka and Footloose.

I'd pay a Rock 'n' Roll price for every greenshirt SSC released, so long as they came with the same quality, same amount of gear, the same body and two headsculpts.

It would have to be everything you listed otherwise I wouldn't even consider buying a greenshirt if they were the same price as R&R with just there basic gear and 1 headsculpt.

Wow, these all look great Evilface. I love the Cobra BATS, amazing work. Seeing these figures makes me wish the gi joes I had as a kid looked this good!

$70 for each GS is about right give or take a few. And while I too would like official releases, I don't think we will see any more Greenshirts from SS, maybe a Breaker. RnR was unique among that group. We will prolly see their 85/86 counterparts like Bazooka and Footloose.

:lol Bazooka would be a hard sell at even $120.

I think most of us Elite™ would. But They'd have to pack him with a bunch of goodies and despite that, most of us would strip him down regardless. :huh

Having the option of taking off too much gear is better than not enough ;)

The biggest problem is that for every "official" Sideshow release it always ends up costing you more to "upgrade" and customize to make them look just right. Even something as simple as a body swap from the Pro will cost you more. Kitbashing the greenshirts is the most viable option.

i would buy all of the greenshirts. looking forward to see who you do next, EF. great thread.

Back