Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guillaume Mateo

4 m ·

There he is
😅
, The Penguin by Eternal. Repaint of the Headsculpt, hair gel and water.
I did what I could to make it better
😅

387207441_1701950480293848_8719958589558019549_n.jpg

Guillaume Mateo

4 m ·

There he is
😅
, The Penguin by Eternal. Repaint of the Headsculpt, hair gel and water.
I did what I could to make it better
😅

View attachment 667927

Just came to share this. Looks loads better already. Maybe I won't need to do a complete rehair on him afterall. Great job. There's definitely potential here for a solid figure at a fraction of the price the customs or HT/IA were to charge for this guy.

Yep a full repaint and messing with the rooted hair does it wonders as expected. Problem is a majority of people don't know how to repaint and won't be able to come close to that. Most will be stuck with the pale pink NECA production quality sculpt.

Just received and photographed with absolute minimal futzing IMHO this figure is so much better than people are saying
it’s actually really very good !
so if you got it on order feel good about it if you didn’t get it, you can either take my word or just go without

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpeg
    IMG_2590.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
  • IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2601.jpeg
    IMG_2601.jpeg
  • IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thank you ptassler for showing those pics, yours are the first photos to show the stock figure with his hair not just left pulled back like a ponytail of an aging rockstar.

It makes a major difference to how the face looks when it is placed correctly around his head.

That repainted and hair work is what I am plan on doing too. The "ink" from his mouth is still the original paint so looks like it was maybe a wash more than a total redo.

Even for a barbie doll head, it has some decent DeVito likeness in it

In seeing the side by side posted on the last page, I think one of the big changes is the proto had traditionally glued hair on a resin head, and then in production they went for the barbie-esque soft plastic head with plugged hair.

That's a huge change in materials, going from one that can capture lots of fidelity to something much softer and distortable.

The mods are looking good tho!

Can you share a few details on painting the face? i.e. colour, dry brush or wet? Did you also darken the eyes?

Back