Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched this movie with a wide open mouth and curiousity as to why all those actors would participate in a film like that...

I personally think EB will have no problem making these... ethically or legally...

The guy above shouldn't shame this entire thread for "promoting racism", that is utterly ridiculous.

You don't bust the crack head, you bust the crack dealer...

Good riddance and shame on all of you for promoting racism and slavery. :pfft:

Its a Tarantino Movie - Covering all Taboos in the only way he can...
If you don't get his films - thats fine, But he is actually making people more aware of what goes on/went on by making his films. He is not promoting racism, nor are these figures...

In all honesty in a perverse way, allowing those protestors to have their way IS promoting slavery.

One could also argue that this is preventing the financial advancement of some African Americans. For every one of these figures sold, Jaimie Foxx, and, if the line were successful enough, potentially, Samuel L. Jackson, would be recieving payment and royalties for the license, likenesses, etc. At one point, I was actually joking, but the more I think about it, and, as unorthodox a way of looking at it as it is, it's kind of true.

I just wish Weinstein had the ***** to allow these and the NECA figures. They should have the courage of their convictions. They put out the film even though there were whiners; they should allow merchandise for the film to be released in spite of whiners as well.

If I was in charge, I'd not only make them available, but add a special seal of approval. "This product has been officially approved by the Weinstein Brothers in an effort to tell PC sensitive pussies to go **** themselves.":lecture :lol

In all seriousness, batfan, that's what I'd do. Probably not in those exact words, but I'd definitely allow and promote the merchandise, and release a statement towards the whiners with the message of, "If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't care how you spend your money. But I'm making my product available to those who it was intended for in the first place."

I just don't get it. Why would they cancel the merch to appease people who weren't even going to buy it in the first place?!

I still dont understand how a film of a former slave that openly fights back and resists, is the primary protagonist, and in the end saves the day, can be attacked? Django is one of the most powerfull black characters ever put on film. I honestly feel that had the same exact film been directed by a african-american film maker, it would not have recieved any backlash. Pure PC gone mad .

It is mind boggling how one could say that this film promotes or minimizes slavery - if nothing else it reinforces the horrors of it.

But as I said previously in this thread - Weinstein doesn't want to deal. If the merchandise went forward they'd be getting calls from journalists all the time looking for a story. It's easier for them to just pull it and end the discussion right there.

If possible I'd make it even more troublesome for them. If you know journalists from major papers or news outlet have them call the Weinstein Co. publicity department for comments. But make sure the journalists will spin it towards Weinsteins being cowards and racists for pulling the figures. It was sort of spun the other way when the first news broke.

The whole point of the protest as far as I understand it was not that the film promoted slavery per se... but that in the hands of children, action figures can become instruments for racist role-play. Because, like, action figures are for kids - what adult in their right mind would buy an action figure?

the explanation is fast and easy
some people don't want a "toy" merchandise speculation over a subject like the cruelty of the slavery of the 1700/1800

I can concern and I could agree about the causes, but the movie (doesn't promove any type of slavery)
Tarantino is a mental sick (genious in my opinion), inglorious basterds is the loud and clear example of his insane ideas about how he thinks and creates his movies..
which rational human being like I am, I should hate any type of nazi characters and what they represent..
well..I hate slavery, I hate the nazism...but I loved hans Landa.. I love tarantino..and I loved django..

Btw you right lej, maybe neca could have been like a toys. but not this eb figures they were so amazing and extremely detailed to be thinked like toys..this reaction of the people is non sense at all...

(hilter's figure is a based by an hystoric character, so has to be thinked like an adult collectible item) but what about tony montana, vito corleone, HANS LANDA, carlito brigante.. ?what do they promote?
why they are in the shop shelfs ? and I don't want to speak about the G.custer toys..(mc donalds happy meals docet :horror:gah::gah: )

Last edited:
I'll end this real simple... What kid has $200 with extra $$$ for shipping for just one figure without crying to mommy or daddy for funds. I'll tell ya, none. Henceforth all comments that "kids" would actually get these is a VERY technical lie. Not to mention we have the local schools to provide public information in text books about the realities of slavery and the civil war. Even though some facts have been amended and such. The fact of the matter it is up to whoever to express the views not the toy. Not to mention this movie is also Rated R and it is up to the parent as well to even show this movie to their child. So if the child doesn't watch, how are the views expressed even factual when all the kid knows is he got a African-American Cowboy. This also reminds me when they changed the emblem on German soldiers in the Indiana Jones game "The Staff of Kings" I believe. Historically incorrect, but overall not needed.

Man finally had the chance to watch the DVD tonight after only seeing it once in theaters and I am so pissed we aren't getting these amazing awesome figures!

Back