Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Just becaues they don't go with something big named doesn't make it a bad decision. There are lots of army builders that will guy this big time.

This is true. OSW is abuzz with excitement for these military figures. They love 'army men' over there. :D

1/6 Army Building is a whole other ballgame from 3.75" army building, and I have a feeling many people will soon figure that out the hard way.

I understand that maybe they still don't have the resources geared up for a Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper onslaught... but these guys?

If we were going to get rebels without any complicated armour, I would MUCH preferred if they started with the first army we ever saw in Star Wars... the Rebel Fleet trooper. It would have been a perfect choice given the coming anniversary.

And the price tag of $59.99? If this isn't an official price hike announcement, I don't know what is. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

With Kit Fisto, I decided not to be a completist with the Star Wars line. It made it easier to pass on Plo Koon too.

But I thought I would at least be a completist with the Original Trilogy figures. With this offering, I don't have to worry about being a completist for the Original Trilogy figures.

I'm passing on these, even though they look great. I just don't have the room for all these figures, and I'm glad Sideshow is introducing third string characters so early. It really makes me think they have a long committment to the line.

I just hope the same is true for their Buffy and Angel line. For those, I am a completist and hope they continue for years to come!

I think one thing that could sway me is if the exclusive accessory would be an ewok... I'd by one of these guys just to have an ewok!

Since I plan on getting at the very least 2 of each Imperial military figure, I see no problem with picking up all three of these guys. Just make sure and give me a Scout Trooper in the not too distant future as well SS and I'll be happy.

I wonder if they'll offer all three in a combo 3 pack deal as well as individually?

IrishJedi said:
1/6 Army Building is a whole other ballgame from 3.75" army building, and I have a feeling many people will soon figure that out the hard way.

Well, that will be those folks problems. These will sell well despite those not happy about it.

Protozaius said:
And the price tag of $59.99? If this isn't an official price hike announcement, I don't know what is. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

OMG $60 what are we gonna do? :rotfl

jlcmsu said:
Well, that will be those folks problems. These will sell well despite those not happy about it.
These will sell simply because they're Star Wars. That doesn't make it a smart decision on SSC's part.

IrishJedi said:
These will sell simply because they're Star Wars. That doesn't make it a smart decision on SSC's part.

What's not smart about something selling well? Based on any business model selling well is good. Also it's not SS worry or shouldn't be who is a completist. Why? Well, there are SO MANY SW fans that if someone passes there will be someone or someones to swoop in.

jlcmsu said:
What's not smart about something selling well? Based on any business model selling well is good. Also it's not SS worry or shouldn't be who is a completist. Why? Well, there are SO MANY SW fans that if someone passes there will be someone or someones to swoop in.
Whether they come out with low ES and sell out is immaterial, because this is a bad business decision on SSC's part for other reasons.

It's not smart because a) Many of us who have purchased each of the figures so far will be sitting these out, and b) The line is still in its infancy and these are NOT the type of figures that excite people to jump in.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Meh. I'll be saving some more money this next year. And people say Plo and Kit are just worthless background characters.

HAHAHAHa!! Tousche! ;)

IrishJedi said:

Are you upset about these figures or that they were the first announced in this line? From all your posts, it sounds like it's just the fact that these are the first announced in the military line. Honestly, who cares? We all know that there will be many more Rebels, Clone, Storm Troopers, Snow Troopers, Scout Troopers, Imperials, Sand Troopers, and whoever else I forgot coming. These guys aren't going to be sitting on shelf all by their lonesome.

Though I agree with you that I hope they announce Scout Troopers in the not to distant future.

Darth Loki said:
Are you upset about these figures or that they were the first announced in this line? From all your posts, it sounds like it's just the fact that these are the first announced in the military line. Honestly, who cares? We all know that there will be many more Rebels, Clone, Storm Troopers, Snow Troopers, Scout Troopers, Imperials, Sand Troopers, and whoever else I forgot coming. These guys aren't going to be sitting on shelf all by their lonesome.

That these are the characters they chose to kick off the Military line is much more puzzling (and near humorous) than upsetting. What upsets me is that SSC has selected figures so underwhelming to fill 3 coveted production slots in just the 2nd year of the line.

Well, that and the fact that these are pretty lame background characters anyway, but that's a debate for another time.

IrishJedi said:
That these are the characters they chose to kick off the Military line is much more puzzling (and near humorous) than upsetting. What upsets me is that SSC has selected figures so underwhelming to fill 3 coveted production slots in just the 2nd year of the line.

Well, that and the fact that these are pretty lame background characters anyway, but that's a debate for another time.

Well wouldn't the Tantive Rebels just be backround characters as well? The only difference being that they are from ANH.

I think a lot of you are making a lot out of nothing.

Darth Loki said:
Well wouldn't the Tantive Rebels just be backround characters as well? The only difference being that they are from ANH.

I think a lot of you are making a lot out of nothing.
Come on. The Rebel Fleet Troopers are a zillion times more iconic than the Endor Rebel Troopers, as are the Hoth Troopers... EITHER of which could and should have been made before these.

Wait a second, these have not even been officially announced by SS yet. How does anyone even know that this is what they wanted to start the line with? For all we know there could be an announcment in the next few weeks of a different figure but because these figures got mentioned in a magazine first they are what evryone thinks is the first to be out out.

Has nobody really thought of that?

Jesse

IrishJedi said:
Come on. The Rebel Fleet Troopers are a zillion times more iconic than the Endor Rebel Troopers, as are the Hoth Troopers... EITHER of which could and should have been made before these.

All I remember are torpedo helmets and them getting their asses kicked by Storm Troopers. Just because they're in ANH, doesn't mean they're iconic. And if I remember correctly they got their asses handed to them at Hoth as well.

At least they picked characters from the one ground battle they won :lol

Back