Endor Rebels Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
I still don't understand the "armored figures are difficult" bit. It's just some armor bits attached to a body stocking. If we're talking about droids or General Grievous then I could understand, but clones and stormtroopers aren't that complicated.

They just need to pick up a few Medicoms and reverse engineer them. ;)

What I would like to know is how much R&D time Marmit and Medicom needed in order to put out their Vader, Fett, and Stormtrooper figures.

My thing is, I can wait patiently for SSC to figure this out (although it seems it's taking them longer than anyone else, so it's now perfection or bust)... as long as the figures they announce in the meantime are cool and make sense.

Darklord Dave said:
They aren't taking the place of any other figure (although they may be taking the place of Medieval Kurgan).

See, I didn't hate them before... but now I have to! Thanks a lot :angrycanu

Wor-Gar said:
You would think, when SS first went after this license, they would have worked out the whole "armored" thing. Certainly by the time the line was up and running.

I'm ever hopeful that Darth Vader will be announced before this year's end.
Heck, even Vader seems fairly simple. It's just a leather jumpsuit with some armor on the shoulders. The only complicated part would be the helmet, and that's only assuming they make it removable, they could just do swappable heads.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I still don't understand the "armored figures are difficult" bit. It's just some armor bits attached to a body stocking. If we're talking about droids or General Grievous then I could understand, but clones and stormtroopers aren't that complicated.

Wor-Gar said:
You would think, when SS first went after this license, they would have worked out the whole "armored" thing. Certainly by the time the line was up and running.

I'm ever hopeful that Darth Vader will be announced before this year's end

I totally agree with this and Wor-Gar's statement. I sure would like to know what the big mystery is. Sonic welder's are no "special tool" and it's not hard to see where Hasbro went wrong w/ the troopers.

jlcmsu said:
What's not smart about something selling well? Based on any business model selling well is good.
Now I know why drugs sell :rotfl

jlcmsu said:
Also it's not SS worry or shouldn't be who is a completist. Why? Well, there are SO MANY SW fans that if someone passes there will be someone or someones to swoop in.
Seriously, so where's the respect for these completist collectors then? Collectors that have put their money into this line from the start? Is their opinion worth less? Is their $$ worth less?

If SSC would release a stromtrooper, people can decide for themselves if they would want to buy one stromtrooper, or a hundred stromtroopers. If you got one, your collection is complete. But releasing three figures that are alike, yet different... if you don't buy all three of them, your collection will never be complete. And that's what upsets me. Why not sell just ONE ERT, and offer booster packs with different heads and accesoires? That would lower the cost. Completists will have a complete collection, and army builders can use the booster packs to customize their additional figures. Everybody happy!
As a completist, I don't mind if SSC releases a less interesting figure once in a while, but hitting us with THREE at once is a bit harsh...

But of course, all of this is hypothetical. Let's wait and see what SSC has to say about all of this in tonight's Newsletter. Can't wait.

I don't think there's any mystery here really. I just think SS is under the wide held belief that you "save the best for last".... or at least for as long as you can.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, if these come out with more proper camo coloring and what not, has anybody considered the idea of getting the one with the long jacket (i see most saying they'll get the old guy and the hoodie guy heh) and giving the long jacket to han hence making an Endor Han?

Just a thought...

Wor-Gar said:
I don't think there's any mystery here really. I just think SS is under the wide held belief that you "save the best for last".... or at least for as long as you can.

I didnt litteraly mean a mystery, it's just that even SS, when asked, says "we're working out engineering, we're working out engineering". They are probably just holding it back for something special. I was really commenting on everyone implying that it's somehow more difficult to do them. No offense.

Magnuz said:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, if these come out with more proper camo coloring and what not, has anybody considered the idea of getting the one with the long jacket (i see most saying they'll get the old guy and the hoodie guy heh) and giving the long jacket to han hence making an Endor Han?

Just a thought...

Yes, this has been mentioned before. Still, it remains a good thought.

IrishJedi said:
Whether they come out with low ES and sell out is immaterial, because this is a bad business decision on SSC's part for other reasons.

It's not smart because a) Many of us who have purchased each of the figures so far will be sitting these out, and b) The line is still in its infancy and these are NOT the type of figures that excite people to jump in.

I was gonna say something but I'll just say what Dave said was pretty much what I was gonna say. So see post below.

Darklord Dave said:
Nothing appears in SW Insider that isn't carefully planned.

But calling this a bad business decision, weak, lame, etc. is rather naive. SW may be in it's first year, but it's proved extremely successful for SSC and already the line has more figures than many of the other licenses.

They said they were doing army builders and they said that armored figures would be later. So these ERTs make sense. And it's not like they make 3 Endor troopers and thus they won't make the Emperor or Jango Fett. They aren't taking the place of any other figure (although they may be taking the place of Medieval Kurgan).

SW will be the deepest license SSC has ever tackled and I'm sure there will more figures than Hasbro's 12" line. Just because these aren't for you, doesn't mean that there aren't PLENTY of people that are interested. Remember - Star Wars isn't just for you, it's for everybody.:chew

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Now I know why drugs sell :rotfl

Well, there ya go. :lol

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Seriously, so where's the respect for these completist collectors then? Collectors that have put their money into this line from the start? Is their opinion worth less? Is their $$ worth less?

Well, it's not that SS or any company doesn't respect completist. It's just that you can't make products with them in mind per say. Why? Because if you did you might leave something else out that another set of fans might want or not make as many as some fans might want. It's a delicate balance. Anyone who is a set about having every figure will get all 3 and those that don't won't. SS won't be out any and they aren't hurting anyone. If someone is dead set on getting them all they will regardless of who gets made.

Here's a picture of Matt Falls from the SS website. I'm not so sure any of these rebels look like him until we see better images.

sculptor_falls_02.jpg

DCFett said:
I didnt litteraly mean a mystery, it's just that even SS, when asked, says "we're working out engineering, we're working out engineering". They are probably just holding it back for something special. I was really commenting on everyone implying that it's somehow more difficult to do them. No offense.

No, I knew what you meant. :eek: I meant the general "mystery" of why it was taking so long; and the mystery problem SS 'engineers' need to work out. I don't think there's a real problem. You either make removable helmets or swappable heads. Done. As Leia has already been announced with the swap-head, I assume the problem is done. Maybe they just wanted to test the waters to see if there was going to be major complaining about the head/helmet?

Also, maybe there's more to these Endor Rebels than we know. maybe SWI gets the exclusive news-break on the soldiers, but maybe there's more to the "army set" than just these 3 guys. A Speeder bike? A canon? I don't know, but there may be more announced tonight than just the "3 guys from Endor".

jlcmsu said:
OMG $60 what are we gonna do? :rotfl

Josh, that was cheap; you should watch yourself - $180 + shipping for very minor characters is steep, no matter how you slice it.

All you folks and your dollies, yeesh! :lol :monkey3

You just have to know that the Scout Troopers will be coming very soon, and then there will be no complaints. :monkey1

I think this is an interesting release.
I'm not sure I'll get them, perhaps one just for the heck of it, but it is a cool idea to release all three variations.
What I don't understand is the price point. It seems a bit excessive, considering that they use basically the same gear, except for the overcoat/hooded parka and some smaller items.
If I do get one, it'll probably be the one with the coat for Han.

WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THE PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT?

You all act like SS kicked sand into your vagina's.

"But I wanted to see so and so made. They should have started with these troopers. They should have put out MY favorite character"

The Rebel Soldiers were made for those that want the Star Wars Military figures, in 3 different styles for you to choose and have a bit of variety among your troopers. The are fans that are just like the Military stuff, and these will go right to them.

If you don't want them, it's a simple pass. I do that all the time when I walk down the toy section to stuff I don't want.

I just don't see what the problem is.

jlcmsu said:
Well, it's not that SS or any company doesn't respect completist. It's just that you can't make products with them in mind per say. Why? Because if you did you might leave something else out that another set of fans might want or not make as many as some fans might want. It's a delicate balance. Anyone who is a set about having every figure will get all 3 and those that don't won't. SS won't be out any and they aren't hurting anyone. If someone is dead set on getting them all they will regardless of who gets made.
While true for any business, so far I think the majority of Star Wars SS collectors have been offered figures that have excited us and made us WANT to become completists for this line. Everything so far as been so damn cool!

That build a type of loyalty and word-of-mouth marketing that is very difficult to accomplish in any other way.

What's more, it seems like the decision to continue to offer either exciting and or otherwise attainable choices is TRIVIAL and LESS WORK vs. the alternative.

In this case, the easiest solution would have been to announce just ONE Endor soldier. I think we'd heard some grumblings about the choice but nothing like this, especially if we assume some sort of limited edition exclusive is involved either for the set or for each figure.

While I'd hate to paint all completists with a wide brush, based on my experience with action figures, comic books, and cards, many have an "all or nothing" attitude and would rather drop the line than live with "holes" in their collections.

If there is no limited edition and/or the price of the figures is relatively cheap ($90 for the set), I think a major problem can be averted. But either seems like a very strange business decision vs. what seems to have been a very successful formula so far.

Wor-Gar said:
Also, maybe there's more to these Endor Rebels than we know. maybe SWI gets the exclusive news-break on the soldiers, but maybe there's more to the "army set" than just these 3 guys. A Speeder bike? A canon? I don't know, but there may be more announced tonight than just the "3 guys from Endor".

You know, you're right! Wouldnt it be cool to see some kick arse acces. pack with these tonight? Or, SS let SWI drop the ERT and they drop the Scouts to go with them! One can only hope! I like the figures, personally, but it is sort of a lack-luster foot forward to the much anticipated Military of Star Wars line. Hopefully they'll spice it up. Right now, Ill bite, but it's not CALIENTE! Just ho-hum.

There has never been a 1/6th scale ENDOR REBEL made... that has to count for something.

SS did say they were going to make some SW figures that were never made. These with Kit honor that promise.

Everyone is trying to make the correlation between new releases and the anny of ANH. When did a 30 year anniversery ever mean anything? Unless you're GL trying to milk every penny out of your product. They just recently announced the new Celebration. These figures have most likely been in the works for about 8 months, well before C 4 was announced.

Back